Technical Issues

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Technical Issues

Postby KiBa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:26 am

Outrageous! Clicking on "Sister Site Project Zwei Releases" from the Board index gives our hapless users a "The requested topic does not exist." error! This is emphatically unacceptable! What kind of ship are we running here! Somebody get to work and fix it! How unprofessional. What if Yu Suzuki came around to check the site and saw that disgrace, hmmm?
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 am

KiBa wrote: Outrageous! Clicking on "Sister Site Project Zwei Releases" from the Board index gives our hapless users a "The requested topic does not exist." error! This is emphatically unacceptable! What kind of ship are we running here! Somebody get to work and fix it! How unprofessional. What if Yu Suzuki came around to check the site and saw that disgrace, hmmm?

He makes phone 0.99 games now. I think his dignity is long gone.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 am

I wouldn't say that now. After all, he started off making £1 (inflation-adjusted) arcade games. As I've said in the past, smartphones are the new arcade machine. They're made for quick blasts. Why, just now in an interview I'm watching, he said that for his entire career, his job was to make games with quick one-minute gameplay (the reason he wanted to make Shenmue was to flip the idea and make a game that lasted a very long time)

If anything, he's returned to his roots, something that should be respected. Again, in the interview, it's said that he always seems to be on the edge of technological capability, and he's obviously trying to push the limits of the hardware he has to work with. So yeah, more power to him. If there's anyone that can find a new angle to approach mobile gaming, it's Yu Suzuki.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 am

Eh I don't get the comparison. Mobile games are 99% crap and meant to be crap. Arcades were not 99% crap. Mostly great. They also had home console ports esp on SEGA or TG16 CD. Arcades were also revolutionary in many ways. Also you have things backwards. Arcades showed off how amazing they look and no console until Dreamcast has a game better looking than the arcade. No mobile game is impossible on a console. Arcades always showed what next gen hardware might be able to do. Angry birds isn't in any way. Yu is a has been. Sorry but he is washed up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 am

You obviously haven't looked too far into mobile gaming. There are plenty of good games out there.

And the comparison is that they are both intended as quick, easy to grasp blast on a game that cost a small fee. Only difference being is that with phones it's a one-time (or not at all) fee.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:49 am

Mobile games are just mostly shovelware made to be bought on impulse and convenience..easy quick money. Arcades you had to search one out and physically be there and planned to spend money.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 am

Ryudo wrote: Mobile games are just mostly shovelware made to be bought on impulse and convenience..easy quick money. Arcades you had to search one out and physically be there.

more and more rpg's are being ported to ios and android such as TWEWY and FF3 remake for ds
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 am

lol@your ignorance
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 am

south carmain wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Mobile games are just mostly shovelware made to be bought on impulse and convenience..easy quick money. Arcades you had to search one out and physically be there.

more and more rpg's are being ported to ios and android such as TWEWY and FF3 remake for ds

Ports of games that been out for years. Ports. Also does not take away from the fact most games in App stores and shovelware 99 cent crap. Show me something that is not just a handful of examples of the exception to the rule and games that constantly took a real budget real planning full game hoards of them on a monthly basis like a Vita or 3DS. Something like Retro City Rampage would not count wither as it's a port of a Wiiware game. Ports of 6 year old games matter little in the large scope of things. I look at the games in my Android App center and it's pretty much all crap facebook like nonsense.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 am

Spirit
Angry Birds
Pocket Ninjas
Eternal Legacy
Sonic 4
Wall Street Titan
The Dark Knight Rises
Asphalt Series
Devil's Attourney

That barely scratches the surface. I only have a handful, some of which I haven't mentioned, as I'm on Symbian. But yeah, iOS and Android have some brilliant games. Gameloft, whilst serial rip-off merchants, still produce quality games too. And then there are the various ports as well.

Bottom line is, you're doing a whole lot of judging without even digging.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 am

Angry Birds is crapware and a rip off of an older PC game and they had 50 failed games before it.
Sonic 4 a port and a lousy game. There is a few nice games but the point is like the Wii library MOST of it is shit.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 am

Ryudo wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Ports of games that been out for years. Ports. Also does not take away from the fact most games in App stores and shovelware 99 cent crap. Show me something that is not just a handful of examples of the exception to the rule and games that constantly took a real budget real planning full game hoards of them on a monthly basis like a Vita or 3DS. Something like Retro City Rampage would not count wither as it's a port of a Wiiware game. Ports of 6 year old games matter little in the large scope of things. I look at the games in my Android App center and it's pretty much all crap facebook like nonsense.

well these games sell pretty well, FF3 has between 100 000-500 000 sales even though they are selling it 17$, also it's a nice introduction platform for indie devs rather than the ultra closed high budget console market
just a handful of examples of the exception to the rule

isn't there supposed to be only one exception to the rule, that's why it's the exception? there are quite a few real games for Android actually, even dead space and mass effect got their own unique mobile versions
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKIaygeh8PY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkGJREl3_c[/youtube]
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:25 am

Angry Birds is a good game to go on while you're sat around waiting, having a shit, or on the bus. It fulfills it's purpose. Not every game is supposed to have the depth of Shenmue or the size of L.A. Noire or the uniqueness of The Journey. They're phone games. Judging them by the same standard as traditional handhelds or console releases is like comparing Sunday league footballers to Champions League footballers. The elite are athletes, Sunday leaguers are regular guys who drink, smoke, and work all week (in most cases)

What you're doing is ignorantly writing off games that don't exactly have much to work with. Think about it. Limited hardware capabilities (the majority of iOS and Android owners run several apps at once, not to mention the battery guzzler which is fluctuating signals), short attention spans, the chance that at any second the user could get a text or a phone call, the fact that they aren't purpose-built gaming platforms...

Just download Eternal Legacy. Knowing you you're bound to like that. Throw caution to the wind and give summat a chance instead of boiling a whole medium down to "Angry Birds is shovelware".
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:35 am

Ryudo wrote: Eh I don't get the comparison. Mobile games are 99% crap and meant to be crap. Arcades were not 99% crap. Mostly great. They also had home console ports esp on SEGA or TG16 CD. Arcades were also revolutionary in many ways. Also you have things backwards. Arcades showed off how amazing they look and no console until Dreamcast has a game better looking than the arcade. No mobile game is impossible on a console. Arcades always showed what next gen hardware might be able to do. Angry birds isn't in any way. Yu is a has been. Sorry but he is washed up.

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Eh I don't get the comparison. Mobile games are 99% crap and meant to be crap. Arcades were not 99% crap. Mostly great. They also had home console ports esp on SEGA or TG16 CD. Arcades were also revolutionary in many ways. Also you have things backwards. Arcades showed off how amazing they look and no console until Dreamcast has a game better looking than the arcade. No mobile game is impossible on a console. Arcades always showed what next gen hardware might be able to do. Angry birds isn't in any way. Yu is a has been. Sorry but he is washed up.

SO where were you when Arcades were popular? They were always more advanced than the console and home arcade ports were a huge deal. Soul Calibur II was the first time the home console version looked better than the arcade.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo