Sounding the bells.....

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Sounding the bells.....

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Maybe someone will be more dedicated to a Dojo podcast.
It failed twice before. But always loved the idea. The trick is getting someone really dedicated to it.
Be cool to see it make a comeback.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Id love to do it, but theres 2 issues.

1. My voice is not for radio, just as my face is not for tv.
2. I would need to figure out how to record with Skype, and then get some editing software.

Riku Rose wrote:A dojo podcast would be quite awful if it was focused just on Shenmue not enough news.

Well it wouldnt really be a news based podcast. But with time churning out rumors about DCL and the possibility of Ryo featuring in other games outside the Shenmue franchise, it would make a good podcast hearing peoples opinions on Shenmue in a wide variety of topics. Having a relaxed discussion about various Shenmue related topics with 3 members off this board would give you an hour podcast immediately. Of course it wouldnt be confined to this board, you could ask over on the Sega boards if anyone would like to participate. Not only whill this give the public a heightened sense of fan participation in something Shenmue related, but the Dojo could be plugged also (and very well i may add!)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spokane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Peter wrote:Id love to do it, but theres 2 issues.

Riku Rose wrote:A dojo podcast would be quite awful if it was focused just on Shenmue not enough news.

It couldn't possibly be as bad as Invisible Crane though, could it? Not possible.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 pm

I think when Axm did it he had a very good format to follow. It started off with Shenmue discussion then moved on to general gaming talk and finished with a little bit about music and films plus something going on in the forums we found interesting.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Spokane wrote:
Peter wrote:Id love to do it, but theres 2 issues.

It couldn't possibly be as bad as Invisible Crane though, could it? Not possible.

I have come around to the idea now just so we can get as a guest. I will so help out that episode. I remember when he posted his video here under related videos there was an interview with him just asking questions about sex. He knew nothing. A women apparently has a period evrey other day.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:26 pm

its pretty late here in Ireland, but im definately thinking about looking into both a Dojo email newsletter and Shenmue podcast. The podcast especially im going to give a lot of thought tomorrow and look into a little research. There is a vast resource of Shenmue material now on the internet thanks to Ziming, so i will also want to talk to some people first. But i believe we need something like this with the new Dojo relaunch.

But for now im gonna try and get some sleep. I got work in 4 hours!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yama » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah, that makes sense. Even if it reaches one member, it is beneficial and takes no real time to do. I wouldn't mind writing something up Peter, no problem.

As for the Podcast, I heard Axm did one before. I would enjoy it. I definitely wouldn't mind talking games and other categories, could be fun. Just can't have too many, wouldn't want them to get stale. At most once a month seems suitable.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Previous

Return to Shenmue Dojo