Calling out for old Dojo-media! I need more hi-res Screens.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Calling out for old Dojo-media! I need more hi-res Screens.

Postby Lando » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 am

Hi guys.
A long time Shenmue-fan and a lurker of the Dojo here, I've been away from the dojo for quite some time the last year, and I noticed now when I returned that the media section has changed somewhat. Before, if I remeber it correctly, there was quite a huge collection of hi-res screenshots of the environments in Shenmue, like, first person shots of places like the Abe store, the sakuragaokacoen, the hazuki residence, etc. But now, all I find in the media gallery are some decent-half-res shots of the different locations, yamanose, dobuita and so on.

I'm just writing this thread to see if anyone know where I can find these screens again, if some other site has a equally good (doubt it though. since the dojo's the Nr.1 shenmue site) ones, or if some mod or site-guy have the stored away somewhere and can upload them again, or if some user for some reason saved a lot of themn and have them lying around on their drive.

The thing is that I've got quite a big Shenmue-related 3D-project coming up, and I really need all the good reference pictures I can get, and the Dojo's old ones were really great. Help much appreciated :)
Lando
Asia Travel Representative

Re: Calling out for old Dojo-media! I need more hi-res Scree

Postby wude » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 am

happy to hear about another Shenmue-related 3D-project, good luck man :)
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Lando » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Hehe, but by the looks of it, my project will be a litte different from the stuff you're up to ;)
I'm not gonna say too much about it yet since I don't know when I can show the world some progress, but let's just say this is more of a remake than a mod, 3D-wise.

Ans that's why I desperatly need some helpt getting better reference pictures, I've got the game and all, a couple of versions of it, but you can't really beat hi-res reference pictures on your second screen when you're working with 3D :/
Lando

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Lando wrote:Hehe, but by the looks of it, my project will be a litte different from the stuff you're up to ;)
I'm not gonna say too much about it yet since I don't know when I can show the world some progress, but let's just say this is more of a remake than a mod, 3D-wise.

Ans that's why I desperatly need some helpt getting better reference pictures, I've got the game and all, a couple of versions of it, but you can't really beat hi-res reference pictures on your second screen when you're working with 3D :/

Really interested!

Don't give up on it, sadly many projects promoted here just disappeared.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Lando » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Hehe, nice :D As said, I won't say too much about it yet since I can't promise any dates or anything when I'll be able to show you guys some progress, first of there's the reference phace where I'll have to gather a lot of material and so on...

But I can promise you one thing. It might take one year, it might take two or ten (kinda like Shenmue 3), but this project's what I've been wanting to do the last 10 years, and finally I've got enough skill and time to launch it. It might take time, it might have to be cut somewhat, and it most certainly will meet problems a long the way but, I't won't under any circumstances, get cancelled :)

If there's one thing I have got, it's patience to see something through;)

But... I still need help with those screenshots! ;_;
Lando

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Hard to understand what you are exactly looking for. Naturally all old media should be resolutions of like 720x480 which is due to the NTSC resolution of the original game. There are screenshots of NullDC driven shenmue gameplay which can be higher resolution, but all old i can remember that were really from in-game were PAL or NTSC resolution and as such not really "high" resolution by todays standards.

Nearly all old screenshots and drawings are available at the gallery:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/

There are also some 1080p renders of actual in-game locations in the modding subforum if you're looking for something high-res.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lando » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks for the reply.. this makes me unsure, I remember that the dojo had like, atleast 10-20 screens from various locations in for instance DObuita, but now, all I can find in the gallery are these:
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/thum ... p?album=49

Am I looking in the wrong place or do I comfuse the screenshot gallery in my memory with another site? :/

Found some nice ones in the mod subforum though, thansk for the tip :) m This'll be great help when I get things going..!
Lando

Postby DreamcastPast » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:18 pm

This sounds interesting =P~ looking forward to seeing something of this, keep going!!
DreamcastPast
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Lando wrote:Hi guys.
A long time Shenmue-fan and a lurker of the Dojo here, I've been away from the dojo for quite some time the last year, and I noticed now when I returned that the media section has changed somewhat. Before, if I remeber it correctly, there was quite a huge collection of hi-res screenshots of the environments in Shenmue, like, first person shots of places like the Abe store, the sakuragaokacoen, the hazuki residence, etc. But now, all I find in the media gallery are some decent-half-res shots of the different locations, yamanose, dobuita and so on.

I'm just writing this thread to see if anyone know where I can find these screens again, if some other site has a equally good (doubt it though. since the dojo's the Nr.1 shenmue site) ones, or if some mod or site-guy have the stored away somewhere and can upload them again, or if some user for some reason saved a lot of themn and have them lying around on their drive.

The thing is that I've got quite a big Shenmue-related 3D-project coming up, and I really need all the good reference pictures I can get, and the Dojo's old ones were really great. Help much appreciated :)

You wouldnt be working for an independent company who has been asked to redo a HD Shenmue for current gen consoles would you???

(What??? I can ask cant i? :lol: )
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Ziming » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Here are the hi-res screens your looking for. I never had time to upload all of them to the gallery. Be sure to fill us in when you complete this project of yours.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/images/shenm ... s/Highres/
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Lando » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

THanks a million man, that's the stuff I'm looking for indeed! :D I'll be sure to create a thread or something when I've started up the project some more, just gotta get some studies behind me and get to it. This project's been a dream of mine for many years, so I'll see it through eventually, just like Yu suzuki will with Shenmue 3 ;)
Lando

Postby Lando » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Geez, been a while. ANyways, for those of you who wonder what happened to this prjects, here's what:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46408

: )
Lando

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 am

Tell me what you need screening.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Lando » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm

mrslig100 wrote: Tell me what you need screening.

Eveeeeryyything : ) But, what I need the moset is like, areas difficult to see when in-game, like, high places, low places, and details : ) But I really do need anything I can get : )
Lando

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Ill see if I can get shenmue 1 going on my emulator. (it hates my new processor) and make an extensive video.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Next

Return to Shenmue Dojo