Voting For Mods

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Voting For Mods

Postby Neo Matrix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

south carmain wrote:
Neo Matrix wrote:
south carmain wrote:So, you're really saying you don't have any confidence in any of the staff and administrators at all even after their words in the threads over the last few hours?

yes, I'm saying this situation has happened before and even if staff are motivated it could happen again, promises have been made and broken, no offense to yama or anyone else but if they do happen to disregard responsibilities for whatever reasons or side with the culprit for whatever reasons like with ryudo then this system would allow the community to get rid of the mod anyway, it would be a security measure but would need a strict amount of rules to function fairly without being abused, of course I'm willing to give faith in yama and see how it goes but I really think this system could function if this were to happen again

the point of my argument is that if the staff fail us then the website is fucked
I can understand your apprehension based on the experiences you've had in the past. The fact of the matter is that if the staff fail, it's down to Yama to fix it before the site goes down the toilet, which he is now doing Great Flood style (fresh, clean slate etc).

The main issue we're disagreeing on is "democracy on an internet forum" and whether staff issues should be aired out in public. I don't think it works, while you think it might, simple as that. :)
Riku Rose wrote:A few people seem to be talking like this will come into effect but I just want to see if people think it will work.

Honestly I wouldn't vote for my favorite members but more people who I think would be good at the job. Just looking at the Dojo awards we seem to all be of a similar mindset on what we think about people.
If you had 2 options who were equally matched, wouldn't you have the slight leaning towards the one you liked more?
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Yama wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:cough*Stu*cough

As Jacko stated, don't feed the trolls.

He is one of those members that is forever in limbo of being a troll or quality, though personally he adds far more than he subtracts, imho. The only member that ever actually went through great lengths due to his presence was Ikari, who wasn't exactly a fair person on all ends through out the years.

I joke about it but if I ever saw Stu in a Pub I'd buy him a beer. Ikari weeeel as you know thats a different story.

Jacko should post here tho. Matter of fact Jacko for mod lol
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Why does it feel like an out of body experience to hear us compare our trolls with their trolls?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Kenny wrote:Why does it feel like an out of body experience to hear us compare our trolls with their trolls?

It makes us feel so worldly.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Is there already a "Peter" at Biohaze? :cry:
Last edited by Peter on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Neo Matrix wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Honestly I wouldn't vote for my favorite members but more people who I think would be good at the job. Just looking at the Dojo awards we seem to all be of a similar mindset on what we think about people.
If you had 2 options who were equally matched, wouldn't you have the slight leaning towards the one you liked more?

Well if we could vote for 2 people I have three in mind. The two I would debate over are Mittens and Brothaman. The only reason I debate over them is that Mittens has a tendency to disappear for months and Brothaman isn't a huge poster but is a great guy who likes to settle problems. I think they would both make great mods it's just if they was going to be here enough. We don't need people who are here 24/7 look what happened before but people who pop in at least once every two days.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Peter wrote:Is there already a "Peter" at Biohaze? :cry:

Yep to my knowledge there is, should have joined sooner senior.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Pffft. Just joined with me in namesake. Aint got nowhere near my legendary status about him, whoever this "phony" is :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Neo Matrix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Neo Matrix wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Honestly I wouldn't vote for my favorite members but more people who I think would be good at the job.

Well if we could vote for 2 people I have three in mind. The two I would debate over are Mittens and Brothaman. The only reason I debate over them is that Mittens has a tendency to disappear for months and Brothaman isn't a huge poster but is a great guy who likes to settle problems. I think they would both make great mods it's just if they was going to be here enough. We don't need people who are here 24/7 look what happened before but people who pop in at least once every two days.

I'm not fishing for names (they're not needed for this question and I don't know any of them anyway). I meant purely as a hypothetical, nameless and faceless situation... if you had candidates who were equal in ability to vote for, would you plump for the one you got on with better?
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Ooohhhh..... well thats....... just fantastic that is. Gonna have words with the mumsie and dadsie tomorrow on my lunch break and asked then why the fuck they would name me after a chap like that.

If the account is deleted, then can i not have the name? I mean its me. I dont like being an "internet persona", i go by my name (as lame as it may seem) because i am me.

Also:

Yama wrote:https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Grace_saunders

:shock: :shock:

whatthefuck.coms!
Last edited by Peter on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Yama wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Peter wrote:Is there already a "Peter" at Biohaze? :cry:

Yep to my knowledge there is, should have joined sooner senior.

Holy shit. I literally just remembered who 'Peter' is (or was) on Biohaze.

Peter, you are literally named after the creepiest and worst member in all of gaming forum history. Banned on every Biohazard website other than Biohaze and eventually banned from there too.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Grace_saunders

I wish scotland wasn't home to so many fucked up internet subculture celebrities, we invented so many things and will be remembered for these psychopaths :lol:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Neo Matrix wrote:I'm not fishing for names (they're not needed for this question and I don't know any of them anyway). I meant purely as a hypothetical, nameless and faceless situation... if you had candidates who were equal in ability to vote for, would you plump for the one you got on with better?

That's not going to happen pretty much everyone has their own opinion and personality so we wouldn't have two equals. I can't really answer the question because your asking me to make up two people and then decide who should be mayor.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Peter wrote:Ooohhhh..... well thats....... just fantastic that is. Gonna have words with the mumsie and dadsie tomorrow on my lunch break and asked then why the fuck they would name me after a chap like that.

If the account is deleted, then can i not have the name? I mean its me. I dont like being an "internet persona", i go by my name (as lame as it may seem) because i am me.

Why not be "The Real Peter"
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Cuz even though you and Yama could vouch for me, i would be flamed a horrible death within 10 posts, as being an alter ego account of that crazy bloke in the link :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:16 pm

So try Irish_Peter.

if I'm not mistaken the other Peter was Scottish.

Plus I don't think they'd jump on you, they're prety finicy with rules and such so they'd atleast give you a chance...I think.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo