Shenmue RPG?

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Shenmue RPG?

Postby Wuyring Ren » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:08 pm

I am curious, would anyone here be interested in doing a reboot of the Shenmue series in a text based RPG format or would you be interested in doing Shenmue III in our own way as a fun way to have fun here? Oh, btw I am back!
Wuyring Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: miraigaara
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue RPG?

Postby CodingGenesis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Shenmue as a reboot text RPG? Sounds interesting enough, tell me more about it how you vision that.
CodingGenesis
Rockman X
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: CodingGenesis
Currently playing: Changes on a daily basis.

Postby tomboz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:36 pm

I recall seeing video of a similar project put together using RPG maker.

edit: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46917
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KX-5 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 am

I'm kind of interested in this myself actually, but it would require a lot of time and effort and unfortunately I'm not too sure how much time people on the dojo would have to contribute something like that. Not to mention a lot of us would have to get together and work on it. I'm still really interested in this idea though ^.^
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby Wuyring Ren » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Well it's simple. While it may require some time and effort the good thing is you can move at your own speed. I did similar stuff when I was apart of The Final Fantasy VII Citadel. I know you guys have heard of roleplays. We get together decide on who or where would start the storyline. Do we wanna do an alternative universe, do we wanna follow the story as it goes and add tweaks as they come. The possibility are not limited because it's based on a group creativity. From that point it would be deciding on who and what characters everyone handles including making your own characters. That would be required in a bio post.

From their it could end up needing a subforum to keep up with all the post. Within there we can do it any number of ways. For example:

Shenmue Dojo-Forums

Shenmue Dojo RPG <---This would be the forum for example. Clicking on that would bring you into the forum obviously.

Inside the forum, the main important threads explaining rules, etc would be stickied. From there we can decide to have more subforums (which I personally would think would be needed) because of how vast the game world is anyway. For example

Subforums:

Yokohama

Hong Kong

Gulin

And any other locations as we explore expanding the story. Inside those subforums if we want we can get more detailed. Threads for each area could be created. For example, The Harbor and anything that happens within that harbor would happen there only. For the magic time system since Ryo has a curfew we could follow that or not follow that. Everything can't happen in real time anyway. It's a really simple system. You could be as detailed as you like. Training moves can be incorporated in the story. We don't gotta have a complex battle system but we could. The complex battle system would make the roleplay move slower. So with that being said we could all just collaborate on how it is to work. I still have to work some kinks out but I would require staff to help with running it or people willing to undertake the task with me. Maybe a graphic artist and of course an addition to the main site would be awesome. This can add another dimension to the dojo in our wait for Shenmue 3. If Staff would answer the call of course I'd step up to help run the idea. More details I could hash out as we gain more interest. Also if you guys can bring staff into this thread I think this would be help the forum and site out as we have basically ran out of things to talk about mostly.

So I take is this gonna be ignored? Well thanks Dojo. Back to not posting I guess.

:roll:
Wuyring Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: miraigaara

Return to Shenmue Dojo