Don't you think the time of growth for the Dojo has come?

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Don't you think the time of growth for the Dojo has come

Postby Raithos » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Peter wrote: Being completely up front, I've spoken with 2 relatively new members recently who said they were put off being active here. One was put off by its reputation, and the other did join and post, but had a heated debate with a couple of members and basically didn't want to post here anymore.

People can get hurt when they start looking for sailors.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yama » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:16 pm

It's pretty ironic, when I first took over I was almost beheaded for making the site more Shenmue-centric in hopes these days would come, now we want even more Shenmue. It's a good thing. :)

As far as the site, I'd consider redoing it from scratch but run my own business, so it really isn't in the cards without some serious help due to time constraints, something I'm sure could be arranged with fellow members however. I never redid the actual site, just the design of the front page, the old content and all of it's layout is simply thrown into the new frame. Even then, standards have changed so much nowadays, it'd be done completely differently. Responsive, mobile first design would be my choice like some of my other sites (not game related).

On the good side however, the forums/news are literally as one and due to apps like Tapatalk and such, they work well still in the modern day. That is after all the most important part. Also, I'd be more than open to adding some sub forums if they are utilized. Simply agree upon some topics and let's make a thread with a poll. If the need is there, it'll be handled. Whatever everyone wants.

Social media is on the rise, we've got a few extra hands helping out with all of that now. Though again, all anyone has to do is show some serious passion and contact me, I'd gladly get others more involved. The more trustworthy hands working towards the same goal the better.

As for the donors, if you followed the directions of applying for the group I'll go ahead and approve you now. I used to get email notifications about that, not sure why they stopped. Sorry if I missed out on adding you, will do now. If you still aren't added PM me, it'll push to my phone and I'll reply.

Yama has received 4 thanks from: Himuro, Monkei, Mr357, ShenGCH
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Much love, man :)

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Yama
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:08 am

It's great to know you have the interest on improving the forum, Yama! Sometimes we think things could be changed in a snap, forgetting all the effort and money needed to do so.
Well, I don't know how I could help, once I have no knowledge of programming... web design, etc... all I could do is donate some dolars, and discuss the changes in order to make an even better dojo.
If this takes form, please count on me!

The_Fuzileiro has received a thanks from: Yama
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mceja » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 pm

sounds great, I would love to chat with people in spanish.

mceja has received a thanks from: Yama
mceja
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Steam: mceja
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: indies games

Previous

Return to Shenmue Dojo