New Shenmue Dojo

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Thank you so much Yama for the opportunity, support and kind words. Thank you as well to everyone for their messages.

I will be making a more detailed post over the weekend about, well, everything really, in terms of the site, structure, and future. Its no easy task, thats for sure, and i will need a lot of help and support from anyone willing to offer. But this site and all the great work done by Yama will be built upon, and bring this place in line with where it should be. This is a place for Shenmue fans first and foremost, and as we edge closer to Shenmue 3 (and hopefully HD releases!) i want this site to be ready.

We are a passionate community, and this once was a passionate site. Its my aim to get that Shenmue passion back, encourage positivity, and make The Shenmue Dojo a place where Shenmue fans can hang out and talk absolutely anything and everything about this great series. Keep an eye out for a more detailed post over the weekend in the News section, where i will cover specific aspects of the site, forums and branches of social media in a lot more detail.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:05 am

Peter is the most deserved and passionate fan to carry on what Ziming and Yama have built up since my time started here.

Congratulations to Peter and many thanks to Yama. Looking forward to seeing the new Dojo!

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Yama
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am

Yama. What can I say? It was a hard pill to swallow learning that you were stepping down. But when I heard it was Peter who would be taking over, all of that worry disappeared.

I've never met two more wonderfully thoughtful, trusting and warm hearted people.

When Yama gave me newsposter & moderator status's here at the Dojo, I was intent on reciprocating that trust while being a part of something very special.

Now with Peter at the healm, we're about to usher in another era of great times.

To both Yama and Peter - thank you for everything past and everything to come!

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Yama
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank you, Yama for all your dedication to Shenmue Dojo. It's been a fantastic resource for any fan to discover just about anything they could think of regarding the games and to connect with other like-minded people.

Congratulations, Peter- being the superfan you are, it's a logical choice to have you at the helm. It's clear that Shenmue is a part of your DNA so I'm confident in the future of this site and its community.

And this is how I imagine this peaceful transition of power:

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Yama
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Sad to see my fellow survival horror/ATLUS/Megaten fan go. :(
All the best in the future, Yama. Always here for you bro.

Congratulations Pete and best of luck! Sure you'll smash it! Let's do this.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:57 am

Thank you Yama for everything. Your contributions to the Dojo over the years have been considerable and I wish you the best in managing the new business. :) I still remember the depressing atmosphere that would at times cast a shadow over our home when you first took over as owner. Though the Shenmue 3 announcement may have helped, it is no exaggeration to say that the outcome of your efforts here were and are very positive. All the best to you.

Congratulations, Peter. Though I will not upend the positive vibes of this thread by going into too much drama or detail, I hope that someday the fences may be mended with Ziming, along with his basic posting privileges restored. His own efforts and contributions have been instrumental in making the Dojo what it is today. I would hate to see all of those efforts instantly invalidated and his posting permanently stripped of him forever over a youtube video. It can be a hard line to walk being the boss sometimes. Not everyone will always agree with your decisions. But I have faith in you doing great things for the Dojo for years to come. :) I wish you the very best not only in your support of Shenmue 3 itself, but also in protecting the ties that bind the very community that was brought together by it in the first place.

Sonikku has received 5 thanks from: Mitsuzuki, MiTT3NZ, Mr357, Sonne2, Supa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 am

Hey Peter, great to hear you're taking over. We can never thank Yama enough for all he has done for Shenmue but I'm sure, you'll manage to fill his footsteps well.

I'm kind of bummed over the Youtube bit, tbh. I smelled something fishy when the Shenmue Dojo Youtube channel changed its name already.

But to think that Shenmue Dojo estranged itself from one of its key contributors and one of the pillars of the Shenmue community at large, which is Ziming kind of makes me sad.

I mean, this teaser shows blank-stare Ryo punching the air standing in front of a QTE Title machine. Ziming and you falling out over a teaser as laughable as this would almost be comical if it wasn't kind of tragic.

Don't get me wrong Peter, who you ban from the Dojo and what videos you allow on it is your call alone and I understand your reasons for cutting the ties with Ziming and find following the creator's wish not to publicize that Magic video noble.

In the end Yu should have never, in no way shape or form, went back to that Gamescom 2017 teaser. He saw what happened in August of 2017 and he had six months time to prepare something suitable for Magic 2018. How anyone in the world would go back to that teaser (or the extended press version of it) is beyond me.

Again, Peter, I totally respect your decision and I'm sure it was a very hard one for you to make but I think we need to stick together as Shenmue fans and avoid infighting and inner divide.

Now Shenmue Dojo will have to invest a lot of time (and money) into building a video library which can compare to Ziming's in terms of depth and quality, which took Ziming years, decades even and will be a huge task to tackle.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Supa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:56 am

Congratulations, Peter! Looking forward to the future.

EDIT: For the record, I do hope ties with Ziming will be restored eventually as well, I can understand the new channel without the video that was asked not to be posted, but to ban him because he posted it? As others have said, his contributions should not be overlooked. Are we going to ban everyone who discusses, views, or posts the video, or something by Ziming? Seems petty.
Last edited by Supa on Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:59 am

Every time I click the "first unread post" button it defaults to the top post on page 2 (Peter's first). I'm not the only one who has this, surely?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm

I've been getting that, until this time actually. Maybe it was cured when I hit the "Mark forums read" link at the top.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby TheTimeRanger » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 pm

It´s going to be really interesting to see how things turn out. Even though I'm a nostalgic when it comes to things shenmue, and believe that thinks need to look a little bit "old". I welcome the change and wish them luck!

I made shenmuedb.com some years ago, as a way to learn Wordpress and development, might have to bring that up again.

If they need any help, I'll be happy to help. I work as a senior digital designer today. Better now then I am now :lol:
TheTimeRanger
Dojo Designer
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: The_TimeRanger
XBL: TheTimeRanger

Postby KiBa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 am

This is a surprise to say the least. Yama, you have dedicated so much to our Shenworld, mere thanks don't seem to measure up. I hope you realize our respect for you and everything you've done for us all these years extends far beyond where bittersweet syllables must end. I'm very glad you'll still be administrating. The Dojo's constancy has been like another home to me during very difficult times.

And yet, I cannot think of a better fit than Peter taking up the reins. Stratospheric hopes! Congratulations!

KiBa has received a thanks from: Yama
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 pm

congrats, Peter.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue Dojo