Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

Postby alexironaek » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:16 am

Yeah i red it before posting. the metal reward is a great idea! it should motivate people to pledge more ;) i hope they do something similar or even read the forums and do the exact thing :P . As for the rewards i would actually like all of them to be the same, even the backer exclusive items...I do not want to miss anything in Shenmue 3. lets say the International phone card for example. in the kickstarter page it mentions "This item will unlock phone conversations and flashback scenes available only to Kickstarter Backers." so this is an exclusive kickstarter item. its just an in game item so i hope that they will add it in the paypal rewards. if not i would understand it , considering that it is kickstarter exclusive but i would be sad nevertheless.
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:30 am

T shirt

Final blow the image on the front
huge link to the paypal site on the back

Would also be nice if they just had a store selling t shirts, the jacket, art book, physical disc.. with some items having a cut off date for those of us who want it but couldn't afford it at the time.

I do think they should allow for some awards to draw interest. (physical copies being a huge part of it)

It also will drive higher revenue than just donating 5 dollars for nothing.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am

Okay, probably not the most realistic way to make a reward, but it would be amazing if they cut up the original Ryo Jacket into like thousands of swatches. Everyone who donates over a certain amount via paypal, receives a piece of history. That way instead of 1 person keeping the jacket on his shelf or something for the next 40 years, we all get to appreciate and enjoy it - but obviously not wear it :P
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:38 am

I am sorry if i might offend anyone or being a clown right now,
But i think if they seriousilly would sell a red shirt like the one was wearing inbthe first twitch and put a small Shenmue logo on it will sell like crazy...
The guy is a legend, please on the logo put: okay,okay,okay,okay,YES.
That would be hilarious and would show great humor from the team, also that they can laugh about all that pressure they get, humor is the best way to deal with pressure?

Hope to see some nice rewards!
Maybe some capsule toys, as long as there are also lower $$ amount rewards i would be happy, i really cant spend 100s more...

will of the ancients

-sona mi areru ec sancitu-
simsatit
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:39 am

James Brown wrote: Okay, probably not the most realistic way to make a reward, but it would be amazing if they cut up the original Ryo Jacket into like thousands of swatches. Everyone who donates over a certain amount via paypal, receives a piece of history. That way instead of 1 person keeping the jacket on his shelf or something for the next 40 years, we all get to appreciate and enjoy it - but obviously not wear it :P

I can see a lot of people hating that, but that isn't a bad idea. Like when they take cars apart and give away pieces.

Frame the pice have some art work for it and signature. That is good idea, 1,000 each would make much more than the total jacket.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:44 am

Ryo Fhan wrote:
I can see a lot of people hating that, but that isn't a bad idea. Like when they take cars apart and give away pieces.

Frame the pice have some art work for it and signature. That is good idea, 1,000 each would make much more than the total jacket.

I would pay for that does not happen.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:46 am

i really don't want the jacket cut up, even if they could get more money for doing so. i think Yu should keep it, or put it back on as a reward as it was. someone is bound to want it if it again becomes available.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:47 am

Ryo Fhan wrote:
James Brown wrote: Okay, probably not the most realistic way to make a reward, but it would be amazing if they cut up the original Ryo Jacket into like thousands of swatches. Everyone who donates over a certain amount via paypal, receives a piece of history. That way instead of 1 person keeping the jacket on his shelf or something for the next 40 years, we all get to appreciate and enjoy it - but obviously not wear it :P

Yeah, I thought about this idea, because Panini did it with some of Michael Jackson's clothing, where they released a new collectible cards set. So for example the following is a card which has 2 swatches of actually worn Michael Jackson clothing -

I actually bought some boxes when the cards were out, and was lucky enough to find a card with a swatch of clothing, and i'll be honest, it's one of the most treasured items I own because it's surreal to think as weird as it sounds, it actually touched his skin at one point in history lol.

But I do understand, it would be pretty horrific to decimate the original Ryo Jacket. Just an idea :)
Last edited by James Brown on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:49 am

It's an interesting idea from an economic standpoint.

But honestly I would hate that, it's like destroying partenon (again) to give some people a rock.

I would not pledge for that.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: James Brown
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 am

The jacket SHOULD go to those two brothers who run that school in Guillin, they can hang it in a corridor behind glass,
THEY DESERVE IT!!!!
LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!

will of the ancients

simsatit

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:00 am

Lets tweet Yu and Co for this!!!

will of the ancients

simsatit

Previous

Return to Shenmue III