Honest Shenmue III Poll

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What is the likelihood of Shenmue III being released? (Total votes: 53)

Very likely- 81-100%
36%
Pretty likely- 61-80%
25%
Maybe- 41-60%
23%
Not very likely- 21-40%
8%
Not likely at all- 1-20%
8%
Not going to happen, period.
2%

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:38 pm

Still this is off topic - there are enough topics going around about news and rumours. This topic is purely and simply about whether we think there will be a Shenmue 3 or not - and LanDC and I are talking about what kind of game it might be.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:39 pm

Well okay, I'll erase it and post it in my Rumor topic.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:43 pm

No you can't. You bring up interviews from 2 years ago and try to make it seem like it's being made. You have to look at the most recent quotes.

I voted 81-100. I know they WANT to make it. But whether they'll get the funds or not is the question. I don't think Yu has any say on if it's going to be made, but at least we know he is trying. Hopefully they mention something on the 1st or 5th, even though I doubt they will. I just can't help getting excited about these things. And if they don't say anything, when the next time they might? March? Or maybe not till E3?
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:46 pm

Yeah, I couldn't do that. I think it's quite likely, but unless I thought it was certain I couldn't vote in the top level. I think the top two levels should have been more like:

1 - 100% certain
2 - 99% - 80% sure

etc. That's why I said closer to 80% than 61% - actually I think it's more like 90% certain that it will get made (although we may have to wait two or three more years, maybe), but that wasn't enough for me to vote for the option that included 100%.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:09 pm

Silas wrote:Oh, come on LanDC! You can't tell me you'd be happy at a cheap, glitchy Shenmue game!

That would be an utter betrayal. My point was that they're finishing it because it's their highest quality product - they'd hardly make it any less of a high quality.

Of course, they may reduce the FREE element and the minigames, concentrate on the story - and simply have fewer NPCs to have conversations with, so that they don't have to spend a lot of time and money on what is, after all, just a side issue. I'd understand it if they did that. But I don't remotely believe they'll put less effort into producing a fully rounded, debugged and beautifully created game.

I didnt say i'd be happy with it. I'm just saying it will be released in some form or fashion... Even if they only had to create it with $4! IT WILL BE FINISHED!
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Nordic Fortune » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:34 pm

Yu Suzuki said it himself....his life wouldn't be complete without making Shenmue 3
Nordic Fortune
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Only Child » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:40 pm

I voted, 'maybe.' My hopes for Shenmue III have been dashed a lot lately, but I still have a little faith.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:51 pm

I truely believe it will be released
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:41 pm

ShenmueonDC4ever wrote:Yu Suzuki said it himself....his life wouldn't be complete without making Shenmue 3

I think I know why he wouldn't feel complete... Yu Suzuki has said that the desire to create an epic adventure game had always been with him, he just din't have the canvas on which to realize his dream until Dreamcast. What he is saying is, that when he finally finishes this epic adventure. He will feel like he has fulfill his biggest dream... Atleast this a plus you know... Is like telling us that Shenmue 3 will get made someday no matter what! He once said in a interview that for him when developing Shenmue, The whole process is a joy! Atleast that can keep our spirit up you know. This is why I always keep my spirit alive! I am sure Shenmue 3 is goind to be made!
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Nordic Fortune » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:14 pm

yes remember that Shemue was started to be made in the ages of SEGA GENESIS! And if, for any reason, shenmue 3 can't be made they should at least make a movie out of it!
Nordic Fortune
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jiezeru » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:31 pm

I dont know what to think anymore
Jiezeru
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby dreamcast fan1 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:21 am

I voted "maybe". I am sure it will come out, but i think it will be on xbox2, because they havnt even started the development of shenmue 3 (supposedly) . If they started making the game now it would be finished around 2005-2006 (around the time xbox2 is comin out)
dreamcast fan1
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ys » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:05 am

Voted 81-100.... I strongly believe it will be released someday.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Cyberman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:58 am

I'm sure Sega would release it between now and 2006.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Xandman » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:20 am

i think its definitly gonna come - question is when - it took them 6 years to release the 3rd monkey island.
Xandman
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III