Spring 2005

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Spring 2005

Postby Take Dey Money » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Yes we are pretty excited that a new shenmue game is coming out. But the thing is that the chinese release date is in spring 2005, so im guessing we are going to have to wait longer for a US release, or import a foriegn one. What are you guys going to do?
Take Dey Money
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby XR_END » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:48 pm

Most of us are too bitter to give the game a chance.
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drporkchop » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:50 pm

danielalan wrote:Most of us are too bitter to give the game a chance.

I certainly am. And I feel I have every right to be. A magestic two game buildup to another MMO?!?! Woo! Who gives a fuck?
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:59 pm

A US/Euro/Japan release will never happen...
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby XR_END » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:06 am

drporkchop wrote:
danielalan wrote:Most of us are too bitter to give the game a chance.

I certainly am. And I feel I have every right to be. A magestic two game buildup to another MMO?!?! Woo! Who gives a fuck?

FACT #1: Fans have a right to dictate the future of a series(more so in this unique case)...it comes to a point when enough is enough. We have spent too much time/energy waiting for an announcement on the future of the series and we get a crappy MMOG(as you said). If people cannot understand the concept of intellectual rape than all hope for humanity is lost. Sega/Yu Suzuki/JC/[insert moron here] have violated Shenmue by not continuing the series in a traditional manner. Nothing more to it.

Jeff wrote:A US/Euro/Japan release will never happen...

LMFAO
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jeff » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:08 am

La la la...It wil never happen! I assure you It will never, ever, happen! The game was not developed with us westerners in mind...
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby XR_END » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:20 am

Jeff wrote:La la la...It wil never happen! I assure you It will never, ever, happen! The game was not developed with us westerners in mind...

The reason I "LMFAO" @ u was due to your apparent arrogance. Please stop. Don't be so sure it won't make it to the U.S. The chances of it making it to Japan are very high. Anyway, their is no point in discussing this at the moment.
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Silas » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:43 am

danielalan, he just expressed an opinion. Yeah, he did it in an arrogant way, but Jeff's an arrogant guy, live with it. I happen to totally agree with him on this.

drporkchop wrote:I certainly am. And I feel I have every right to be. A magestic two game buildup to another MMO?!?! Woo! Who gives a fuck?
No, there is no majestic two game build up to Shenmue Online. If that were the case, SO would be released in Japan/US/Europe first. Shenmue is being used as the vehicle for Sega to break into a massive market that we in the West don't even know about, but which the Japanese giants have probably had a worried eye on for quite a while.

Who gives a fuck? Well, SEGA and Yu Suzuki do. At least partly because I think the idea is that SO is not just "another MMO". It's an MMO designed with Shenmue's peerless environment and character engine to make a totally immersive, realistic and unique online world. And for MMOs, the Chinese and Koreans most definitely give a fuck, it's all they live for!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Futera` » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:52 am

Jeff wrote:A US/Euro/Japan release will never happen...

You can't say that, there is are no facts behind that at all, sure you can say "IT WASN"T MADE WITH WESTIES IN MIND" but so? i'm sure anime wasn't made for westerners in mind yet look at the popularity of that!

I have no problem with this for a few reasons:
a) Gets SEGA and Yu Money
b) Put Shenmue back in the gaming headline
c) Yu can only learn more

With all this in mind i hope it does leave asian because i for one would surely buy it.
To me it looks like the Matrix game, with the cut scenes involving alot of the shenmue story yet the game not having alot to do with it.
Futera`
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to Shenmue III