Shenmue III Ready for Next-Gen!!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Peter » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:09 am

What i also dont quite understand is how the game can actually be finished, in terms of graphical progression.

Does this mean that the game will have the same look and feel (which i wouldnt mind) as it has had from the DC/Xbox? With expecting Shenmue 3 to arrive on a next gen console, i always pictured, and in some respects dreaded a new 3D look, much like we seen in Shenmue Online. But with the source Adam interviewed stating that "the project has essentially been close to finished and 'ready' for some time", does that mean that due to the same graphics design being kept, that the whole series can be fitted onto one disc, thus making it one of the biggest games on the Xbox 360, yet also one of the poorest graphically, when compared to the likes of Project Gotham.....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Les » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 am

Peter,

Contrary to the people who seam to think I don't want Shenmue 3 to come out, I actually would prefer [if no hardware deal is yet done] that the game, if it is finished already come out sooner. I would rather have a game that looks like the Dream Cast version or X Box version come out in less then 2 years then have to wait an extra year or more for the conversion process that might be needed to get the most up to date graphics on a next generation machine.

Shenmue was the most fun I ever had playing a video game, and we have all been waiting to long as it is.

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:41 am

Well, TPAM, look at Resi 4.

Obviously they had to convert the graphics and get the whole game to run on a system that is difinatly lower-spec than the Gamecube. So far, its taken around 8/9 months. Not to mention going from the half-produced Dreamcast/XBOX version of Shenmue III to the 360 is quite a leap. Look at Saturn Shenmue and how they had to update for Dreamcast, but that took like 5 years. Even the Shenmue II XBOX conversion took 6 months, and that, in all honestly, wasn't taking a huge proportion of the Hardware, as Shenmue III should do.

Be paitent, Les.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Underdog » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:30 pm

They need to work faster to bring shenmue 3 out, I do not want to wait any more.
Underdog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby JoeMDesign » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:02 pm

Shenue should be FULLY optimised for next gen.

It deserves to look, sound and play as well as it possibly can.

I am prepared to wait until it's READY. :)
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:44 pm

I wouldn't mind for them taking full advantage of Shenmue 3 with any of the next-gen of console. However, redoing chapters 1-16 to meet with next-gen graphics can take a hell of a looong time for this game to come out. This is something we are trying to avoid. After all this waiting for some Shenmue 3 news. By far, all we know is that there is such plan for Shenmue 3 to be release. Even though this is some great news. The Almighty is when?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Spooger » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:14 pm

If Shenmue III doesn't take advantage of Next-gen hardware, it may not sell very well. One of the biggest reasons to buy a next-gen console is to see incredible looking games on it: good graphics - like it or not - are a huge selling point when you're talking about PS3 or X360 games. I know everyone here would buy a copy even if Shenmue III looked worse than Shenmue I on the DC, but I definately think - in consideration of those that will jump on the Shenmue bandwagon depending upon how Shenmue III is marketed - the game will benefit from great, fresh graphics.

I can't be sure Shenmue III won't sell well or not; nobody can really know until it's out on shelves. It's possible that Shenmue III could be the greatest looking game in the world and not sell well, but then, I do think it would be ill-advised for Shenmue III to make its reentrance onto the stage and look like it just walked out of the DC era. If we want people to get involved with Shenmue starting at game III, I think we'll expect/need that much. That's my opinion, anyway.
Spooger
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:53 pm

^As much as I say GFX don't make the game, when it comes to the newest systems coming out, they have to be up to par at least. Or else not alot of people will wanna look at it unless a TON of people and media sink it into their heads they HAVE to (that's how Advent Rising sold well, even though it didn't look that good).

While I will buy the next Shenmue even if it looks like the Saturn one (so as long as they have the Arcade), there are alot of people expecting games to look like Killzone 2. First impressions have to be good, so i'm hoping the guys over at SEGA are gonna do something about that either to help improve the GFX or somehow do something else to compensate for that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby djeyewater » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Last edited by djeyewater on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djeyewater
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:10 pm

djeyewater wrote: I think I could probably tolerate about another 3 years of waiting.

3 more years? :shock: *head explodes*
I can hardly go for another year, beyond that would be to much torture.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby quezcatol » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:32 pm

Dont care how long i have to wait,when it comes i buy it :)
quezcatol
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Ziming » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:48 pm

I don't think they will announce Shenmue until sometime after Ryu Ga Gotoku is released on PS2. Sega will use the success(?) of Ryu Ga Gotoku to announce next gen Shenmue. Revealing Shenmue now would definitly overshadow Ryu Ga Gotoku, that would be a dumb move given the resemblance of both games. So if Ryu Ga Gotoku becomes a hit and sells many copies, they will use that momentum for Shenmue.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Les » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:57 am

Hellraiser wrote:I don't think they will announce Shenmue until sometime after Ryu Ga Gotoku is released on PS2. Sega will use the success(?) of Ryu Ga Gotoku to announce next gen Shenmue. Revealing Shenmue now would definitly overshadow Ryu Ga Gotoku, that would be a dumb move given the resemblance of both games. So if Ryu Ga Gotoku becomes a hit and sells many copies, they will use that momentum for Shenmue.

HellRaiser,

Do you know if a U.S. version is planned for this Game ? Also, when is it it likely to be released in Japan ?

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:49 am

Les wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:I don't think they will announce Shenmue until sometime after Ryu Ga Gotoku is released on PS2. Sega will use the success(?) of Ryu Ga Gotoku to announce next gen Shenmue. Revealing Shenmue now would definitly overshadow Ryu Ga Gotoku, that would be a dumb move given the resemblance of both games. So if Ryu Ga Gotoku becomes a hit and sells many copies, they will use that momentum for Shenmue.

HellRaiser,

Do you know if a U.S. version is planned for this Game ? Also, when is it it likely to be released in Japan ?

Les

You mean "Ryu ga gotoku," right? It'll be released on Dec 8, this year in Japan.
No information on overseas releases, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never leaves Japan.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby SaM_4000 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:00 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Les wrote:

HellRaiser,

Les

You mean "Ryu ga gotoku," right? It'll be released on Dec 8, this year in Japan.
No information on overseas releases, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never leaves Japan.

I would be surprised if it didnt leave Japan i mean didnt they spend alot of money on the game if so why would they have it Japan only wouldnt that be a waste
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III