China Joy: Shenmue Online presentation report UPDATED

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ac2u » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:14 pm

Ali wrote:
WeeSneak wrote:
Ali wrote:Long time since i've posted to the forums and things don't look good now but still LanDC chill man don't get worked up over this prick he dose not know what hes talking about we know how long you've bin here and stayed true to shenmue.i think all we want is for the series is for it to stick to is roots and for any fan i don't think thats such a big thing to be askin for.

Lol, a newb. :D

thats a nice 34 posts you got there keep it up buddy. =D> ;)

He loves us all really. So much that he's decided to post Shenmue Online news on the Hazuki Dojo. Hmmm... wonder where he got that from?
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ali » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:14 pm

:withstupid: ummmmmm okay
Last edited by Ali on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ac2u » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:16 pm

That wasn't a jibe at you.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ali » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 pm

i know
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby WeeSneak » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 pm

LanDC wrote:
Cap'n Pimp wrote:I think you're a true fan, but I dont think you exceed that. I think that if anyone was to want to exceed the title of a true shenmue fan, they'd have to fly to Japan and go to the convention themselves. I'll bet money that someone, maybe not for Shenmue, has gone to Japan themselves just to see something that was being introduced there.

Well, if I knew for a fact that Shenmue III would be at some convention in Japan, and I had the funds and everything ready to get up and go, you bet I would.

OK, maybe I was praising myself too much by saying I exceeded true fan status, but I think I owe it to myself to gloat a little. I would say I've provided quite a lot to this community over the years (for those of you who have BEEN here, I needn't prove this), and for that, I think my input about this online title means something. While guys like WeeSneak here try to make us believe their input is almighty just because they joined in the Stone Age, I have a little more weight on my argument, as I've actually stuck around over the years. The oldies who fled from the Dojo a few years back fled because their friends got the boot from the staff.

WeeSneak, just because you joined back in the old days, and popped up from time to time does not make you superior to anyone. Not claiming that I am superior to other fans either, though I do think my opinion is definitely one to be taken seriously when we go discussing who is and isn't a "true" fan of the Shenmue series.

Ive always been here, ive just been in the part of the community that isnt full of people flaming, or people who know nothing about the game. And i agree your opinions should be taken seriously, but not MORE seriously than anyone elses. Just cos you ripped some music dosent make you better than anyone. And no one fled because their friends got booted from staff, people left because the place was modded by people like you. Who let anyone post whatever shit they wanted, and who took advantage of the pea size power given to you.

WeeSneak wrote:Is that why they left and went to another Shenmue Forum? Yeah musta been :roll:

They left for another Shenmue forum mostly as a way to rebel against us and attempt to beat us at our own game. As you can see, it got nowhere, because they have not the dedication that we have to continue trying to keep the site alive. The few who fled from here mostly (though I'm not saying none of them like Shenmue) stick around places like Hazuki Dojo just for the friends they made, to continue keeping in touch with them. It's merely a place for friends to talk, with the Shenmue name and some Shenmue artwork posted on the site. Sort of a Shenmue nursing home, if you will... "Ahhh yeeahhh.... I remember back in the good day when I fought Don Nui on that big building.... I forgot the name.... but that was cool...."

No, i already explained why we left, and the only people to leave since then have been people leaving for war and other things in real life. And lets face it, the majority of us were playing the game before you'd even heard of it. And believe me, we know ALOT more than you.

WeeSneak wrote:And ripping music means nothing, most of us proper fans have all the cds and have played the game. We can listen to it whenever we like. And as for not abandoning the place, we have our reasons. Primarily you.

Yikes. I didn't realize who I was up against here! You have ALL the CDs??! No kidding! This goes to show how much about Shenmue you really know, pal. You're telling me that you can hear every single track played throughout both Shenmue games on the soundtrack CDs? And I'm sure it's such a thrill to fire up your Dreamcast, load up Shenmue and walk into Dobuita and hear dogs barking to the beat of your favorite musics! :D

No i can just rip it from Chankast emulator. It really isnt that hard. :roll:

Again you have outdone yourself in unneeded smugness. If people here licking your ass make you feel good, then revel in it. People like you dont make it far in the rel world.
Last edited by WeeSneak on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WeeSneak
Asia Travel Representative

Postby LanDC » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Ali wrote:ummmmmm okay

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, of course.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ali » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 pm

i know
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby WeeSneak » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:20 pm

ac2u wrote:
Ali wrote:
WeeSneak wrote:
Ali wrote:Long time since i've posted to the forums and things don't look good now but still LanDC chill man don't get worked up over this prick he dose not know what hes talking about we know how long you've bin here and stayed true to shenmue.i think all we want is for the series is for it to stick to is roots and for any fan i don't think thats such a big thing to be askin for.

Lol, a newb. :D

thats a nice 34 posts you got there keep it up buddy. =D> ;)

He loves us all really. So much that he's decided to post Shenmue Online news on the Hazuki Dojo. Hmmm... wonder where he got that from?

The CGS Website, a few guys at Play-Asia mailed me. Just i actually do stuff with my life so i dont post it everywhere the moment i see it.
WeeSneak

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:21 pm

What are you talking about, that people like him don't make it far in the real world. If he's as dedicated here as he is in real life, then obviously he should get far.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby WeeSneak » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 pm

This guy dropped out of school to work on this site. Thats not dedication, thats just stupid.
WeeSneak

Postby ac2u » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 pm

Off topic: Just one quick note on what pisses me off. We scan the net, looking out for the smallest bit of Shenmue news, run it through numerous translators. Dissect the ambiguous comments. Then some troll like 'Wee sneak' or whatever the hell you call him comes along a day later and updates the Hazuki Dojo on his find. Not saying everyone at the Hazuki Dojo is like that, most actually do credit Shenmue Dojo if they copy any news. But this is the exact kind of ass who turns round in the Hazuki Dojo and badmouths us like we are inferior Shenmue Fans.

Back on Topic: All I could see in the battle footage was 'epilepsy extreme'. I know Shenmue was gonna bring in magic eventually, but this is a joke.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 pm

WeeSneak wrote:This guy dropped out of school to work on this site. Thats not dedication, thats just stupid.

Oh I didn't know. I don't know if you're lying, but if not that is a bit odd to do that.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rakim » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Not to get off topic but maybe it would be better if we ignored that moron, he obviously feels inferior to LanDC and has nothing better to do than bother us at the Dojo.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ali » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:26 pm

:flame:

this really is not geting any where.
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby WeeSneak » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:27 pm

ac2u wrote:Off topic: Just one quick note on what pisses me off. We scan the net, looking out for the smallest bit of Shenmue news, run it through numerous translators. Dissect the ambiguous comments. Then some troll like 'Wee sneak' or whatever the hell you call him comes along a day later and updates the Hazuki Dojo on his find. Not saying everyone at the Hazuki Dojo is like that, most actually do credit Shenmue Dojo if they copy any news. But this is the exact kind of ass who turns round in the Hazuki Dojo and badmouths us like we are inferior Shenmue Fans.

Back on Topic: All I could see in the battle footage was 'epilepsy extreme'. I know Shenmue was gonna bring in magic eventually, but this is a joke.

As i said play-asia told me. We have the same screenshots, thats because they were the only officially released high quality ones. And BTW, the only reason i dropped by here was to see if anyone here had found a better quality version of the movie, and then i stuck up for a Shenmue game that is stupidly being hated.
WeeSneak

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III