China Joy: Shenmue Online presentation report UPDATED

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby James » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 am

and the next worse move will probably be a total drought of any news just like prior to China Joy. Yu will go back to SO development and we wont hear a damned thing for quite some time... possibly.
James
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby WantaShenmue3 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:07 am

That spoiler sucked, although it might just be what we allready knew as the prologue says all that.
It also says and thus the saga begins, so it hasn't even started yet.
I don't want it to end in this cra*. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Shenmue online is nothing like Shenmue, but i'll be okay with it if it doesn't continue the story before Shenmue 3 comes.
I WANT IT TO END IN SHENMUE 3 ONLY, I DON'T WANT IT IN THIS.
What's with these cg scenes? I WANT IT ALL IN REALTIME.
SHENMUE 3 FTW.
WantaShenmue3
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:17 am

mike_sleva wrote:
I swear none of you have seen project berkley, know how much Koreans and Chinese love MMO's and realize this isnt the official story or happenings of a would be Shenmue 3.
What this is, is Shenmue Online and nothing more. Relax and watch the money roll in. Watch the name Shenmue become profitable again and watch Sega grant Yu Suzuki permission to make Shenmue 3 after the success of SO.

Moron.

I haven't posted here in a long time but I am compelled to after the release of this video. The spoilers to the story are unforgivable. If you can watch this video and still consider Shenmue Online to be a positive contribution to the Shenmue saga then you can hardly consider yourself a fan of Shenmue..

Axm is no moron and is a long time vet to this community and also has the largest and most rare collection of anyone in this forum by far...so he is certainly a fan.

And quite fankly everyone who says "you're not a true fan" bullshit which I have seen alot of since this news..shut the fuck up, whether you disagree with someone does not make anyone less of a fan or stupid.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Steenkoud » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:18 am

What we learned from this topic....

* Shenmue Online is crap
* WeeSneak is a retard, im glad he's banned.
* LanDC IS a real Shenmue fan... why would he make music video's and spend so much time in the website and media... Because he is a real Shenmue fan, bottom line.

There is only 1 Shenmue forum and this is the place... all other are full of people that are banned here because they are cocks ^^ like sneak
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alimn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:48 am

Shenmue Online is a MMORPG not a F.R.E.E

I think that's why some true Shenmue fans are saying it's crap.

Regards.
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 am

Alimn...the Edit button is there for a reason.

Now ignoring the whole last few minutes of the vid.

Shenmue has STILL been whored out by Yu and SEGA and thats what really pisses me off! If we had finished the single player story i could let it pass but waiting 5-7 years[depending on if you only got the xbox version] for SEGA to just down right ignore SIII is unforgivable. Its simpl a,

1.Yes its been canned
2.Its future will be decided shortly after Shenmue Online is released.

Im sick of this ''no comment'' bullshit. And should we care what Yu says about SIII? Kikzio claim he will havenothing to do with it, others have said he will mostlikely be getting a pink slip soon.

Now onto the spoiler--it clearly is one, and most likely proves Shenhua had a former life thanks to the flash back vids from SII. If anything it simply shows Yu has planned a magic battle between Shenhua and Lan Di, i mean it would have been stupid if Ryo started doing all this magic crap all of a sudden.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Steenkoud » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:09 am

alimn wrote:Shenmue Online is a MMORPG not a F.R.E.E

I think that's why some true Shenmue fans are saying it's crap.

Regards.

Your right, and also the martial arts of Shenmue I & II dissapeared... First it was Tai Chi, Tiger swallow, Wrestling style etc.... now its lightningbolts coming out of your ass and kamehameha....
Last edited by Steenkoud on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alimn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:21 am

Steenkoud^ True.

thebestbit:
Sorry-I had some reasons that I didn't use from edit button

Regards.
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby dasher232 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:27 am

I haven't watched the video but have seen the pictures and captions. And I would like to say this I was always completely against the idea of shenmue online particurlalry after the kikizo interview which yu said it will continue through games which hinted ''online''. However I do think some of you are being a little harsh I have a very good feeling that none of what was shown there apart from some characters minus situations will happen if there was a third installment. I think SO is there to serve a purpose mainly being to recoop as much money as it can from that lost or rather just not gained on th original series.

If it does exceedingly well we have a much better chance of the a sequel being announced because they would be in a better position and I think even i it doesn't sega will still make some kind of announcement. All in all we're all fans of shenmue we've waited this long for news on it why loose faith now?.

Thats just my thoughts.
dasher232
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Clint » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:30 am

I agree that the 'spoilers' are unforgivable. Shenmue Online can burn in hell for all I care.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby WantaShenmue3 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:49 am

I take it you finally watched it, right?
WantaShenmue3

Postby Clint » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 am

aye.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby ac2u » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am

Dragnoix wrote:I thought a spoiler was when someone or something gives away a big part of the story that was completly unacknowledgeable to the viewer, ruining the rest of the story FOR the viewer.

I didn't see any of that in the trailer and my eyes are as good as yours.

Dragonix. Just because we know Superman is going to save the world in his new film, doesn't mean we want to see him doing it in a trailer, before we watch the actual film.

You created a new topic, highlighting and enboldening parts of the Shenmue Poem. With quotes like "I'm surprised I'm the only one who noticed this!"

Do you honestly think anyone who has played Shenmue doesn't know this poem and made that link when watching the trailer? Like many have said before, I wanted to see a moment like that for myself on a TV screen, not on a trailer.

Ok, so we'll not call it a spoiler! Just for you, we'll all call it a...

"moment that we imagined happening, but would have prefered to discover it ourselves while playing shenmue III".

Is that better for you?

I found typing the word 'spoiler' much handier.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rik0 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:15 am

you guys are to harsh with SO 0_o

yu suzuki wants to satisfy everyone, shenmue players and mmorpg players. since shenmue online is a mmorpg, having some cheap kamehameha technics and summons is required for fans of that kind of game. matrix online had only martial arts and gunfight technics and it sucked.
now since it is a shenmue game, there'll be lots of kung fu, big quests, and characters of the saga. nothing says that your created character will revenge ryo's father by fighting lan di. you'll meet him later in the game but maybe for another purpose. if not, then suzuki just wanted to give a gift for shenmue's fans, puting a fictif part on shenmue history that wont be on shenmue 3, like shenmua on the spoiled part of the video or your player defeating lan di instead of ryo.

story short, shenmue 1 and 2 costed78 millions $$ and they didn't receve the popularity that they expected. if they're trying to win more players with shenmue online, then you guys should support yu suzuki. in exange, if SO wins popularity, there will be a shenmue 3. sega is just waiting the result of SO to lauch or not shenmue 3.
Last edited by rik0 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rik0
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby seijuro_hiko » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:43 am

Sega am2 lost lots of money with shenmue because people prefer play FIFA 2532 and Formula-1 4583 before try a game of a console called dreamcast when they have his MEGA CONSOLE playstation 2.
Shenmue online each time i see the video its still worse. That video is just killing me, seems like it is a game of low budget, i have seen better CGs on lot of games released more than 5 years ago. This result isnt what i want for a shenmue, and the thing most is killing me is think that if this was the intention of Yu Suzuki for the story, because i expected a really good final and story and no a super 16 year old woman fighting with his pokemon the phoenix vs the super lan di´s pokemon the dragon and PUM! PUM! PUM!...
seijuro_hiko
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III