My Support for the Shenmue Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

My Support for the Shenmue Campaign

Postby NismoZZzz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:56 am

I may just be a new registered member, but I've lurked here for a long time and have been a huge Shenmue fan since it's release. I've sent a letter every summer to SEGA OF AMERICA and SEGA OF JAPAN showing my support for a release of Shenmue III. I ACTUALLY did receive two letters back from Sega of America in 2007 and 2008. I've uploaded them for all to see below.

I do what I can to support the cause. I work in retail as an Assistant Manager and continue to push SEGA products first when casual consumers ask for recommendations (because we all know hardcore gamers will buy what they want without having to ask). I take that opportunity to sell whatever new active titles we have from SEGA. I've sold out of Sonic Unleashed for the Wii + 360 countless amount of times along with Samba Di Amigo, The House of the Dead 2 & 3, and believe or not Iron Man for PSP which is published by SEGA. When Yakuza 2 came out, I managed to talk a good amount of people into the game and every single one came back one day to thank me on the purchase. I know with every game sold we get a better chance of receiving any sort of Shenmue whether it's III or a re-release of the first 2. With that in mind, I have no problem recommending SEGA games.

Recently I heard of the toy capsule mass mailing so I decided to join in on the fun myself. I've ordered 1000 capsules and will mail them to Yu Suzuki, Sega of Japan, and Sega of America at my own expense.

I thought I'd share what I've done to support the cause and hope I can help others on doing the same. I may buy another 2000 capsules within a month to send out a total of 3000.

Hopefully SEGA will see the support, but I'm pretty sure they will make the game when they are ready to. I just hope all this makes that happen faster. 8 - 9 years has been quite a long time.

If there is any other things I can do, I am more than happy to help. Thanks all.

NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby redline » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:26 am

cool.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Resident Joel » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:43 pm

The same response in letter form! Hooray.

Don't forget, you can also order products!
Resident Joel
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jesus » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:36 pm

I'm not sure if those letters are the kind of response we're looking for, especially the second letter.
Jesus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NismoZZzz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:41 pm

I understand what you mean, but at least they acknowledged it, especially with the first letter. I was expecting no responses, so the fact they actually did is cool with me even though 2/3 of the letter is probably a standard reply.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jesus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:56 am

NismoZZzz wrote:I understand what you mean, but at least they acknowledged it, especially with the first letter. I was expecting no responses, so the fact they actually did is cool with me even though 2/3 of the letter is probably a standard reply.

I know what you mean at least they did answer. BTW, welcome to the Dojo! :D
Jesus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby 2ndOpp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 am

Great to have you aboard man :)

Oh and please please take pictures of the packs you send so I can add them to the gallery. Let me know where they are sent from also :)
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ryo Hazukki » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Nice work, mate. But don't bother wasting your money on Sega of America; they don't give a shit and couldn't do anything even if they did. Send the capsules to Sega of Japan and to Yu Suzuki himself. It'll do a lot more for the cause, trust me.
Ryo Hazukki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby szymon247 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:54 pm

I sent a few emails and they were not even nice enough to type a reply. They just copied & pasted a link to their Faq and a question about Shenmue there lol
szymon247

Return to Shenmue III