Shenmue Campaign Video to Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:05 pm

^ heh
Well the fanboy side of me wants it on Dreamcast but in reality if ever made think it should be multiplat as a collection.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby kanae767 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 pm

I guess releasing shenmue on the pc or multi-plat would help sales but if you had to choose one console which would it be? something always suffers from ports on all consoles. At this point releasing on all platforms covers all bases. Though I'd say chances on wii are small but who really knows.
kanae767
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm

If they actually decided to be dumb and throw a bunch of money again at Shenmue for it's full potential then yeah PS3 would be the choice but if by some miracle Sega does make it they will put it on something that costs the least to develop for and have a set it out for a much smaller goal in mind for copies sold than their top selling games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 pm

kanae767 wrote:I guess releasing shenmue on the pc or multi-plat would help sales but if you had to choose one console which would it be? something always suffers from ports on all consoles. At this point releasing on all platforms covers all bases. Though I'd say chances on wii are small but who really knows.

I would say the Xbox 360 purely because i own one but i'd also wouldn't be against it on PS3. The Wii is a definate no no for me and PC just wouldn't have the right feel in my opinion.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm

The day a Shenmue game is released on any Sony console, will be the day i stop buying Shenmue games.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Why do you hate Playstation?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Peter wrote:The day a Shenmue game is released on any Sony console, will be the day i stop buying Shenmue games.

Um why?
Better not be the wrong and old "teh ps2 killed DC" BS
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby kanae767 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm sure most of us doubt that SEGA will be the only company funding the project. I would be very surprised if they did due to the risk. Since if funding wasn't a problem, it would be out by now. I'm not entirely convinced that sony, microsoft or nintendo would add in development. Third party exclusives are not nearly as big as they once were. And since profit is the bottom line here I'm not sure any company is willing to take this bet.

I own a 360 as well. But this is one game that I would by a console for.
kanae767

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

I understood the PS3 just as a "placeholder", i think you could edit the video in a minute or two and have it say "XBox 360". Seriously i don't care what console Shenmue 3 comes out, i just hope it's PS3, Xbox 360 or PC as i would want nexgen graphics, not wii trash. Shenmue ain't a damn party joke, it's serious business, even more than the internet itself.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't want Shenmue on the Wii if we were to bring it back for full potential but Wii has far more games that are not party games and great games at that.

The party game argument lost ground a couple years ago.
I prefer it not on Wii because as a fan i want like anyone to see it in it's full detailed world like we did in 1999.

I prefer not to see it on 360 just because well the 360 is failing pile of crap hardware.
(Amazing library and online just the hardware is rushed junk)

PS3 is my console of choice,HOWEVER if Sega does ever decide to bring the series back it's going to be on something that cost them the least and make the profit back immediately.

None of the systems meet both criteria.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:08 pm

why can't it be on both 360 and ps3? It makes the most sense in terms of console power, total hardware sold, and demographics.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Riku wrote:I'd just say they live more in the real world then you.

NAAAAAH Well seeing as Ryudo had 'hope' at 1 point I think i'll stick to my theory.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby kanae767 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:why can't it be on both 360 and ps3? It makes the most sense in terms of console power, total hardware sold, and demographics.

Could come out on both. Question is, who besides the platform holders has the cash to deliver the game? I want to see all the detail that they put into the originals show up with more in a new version. Optimizing for 2 consoles would cost more than most would want to spend. Unless a third party wants to take a chance.
kanae767

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 pm

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
Riku wrote:I'd just say they live more in the real world then you.

NAAAAAH Well seeing as Ryudo had 'hope' at 1 point I think i'll stick to my theory.

Both of you are right.

I try to look at things with more realism but after so many years of getting excited by new news only to be dashed later.
You just tend not to get excited easy and prepare for the worst since every single time that is what happened thus far.

I want Shenmue III as much as anyone here but one can only take so many false wolf cries.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III