Shenmue Campaign Video to Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby lavrentis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Would prefer it to just come out to be honest. Preferably on PC only to shut the console fanboys up.
Last edited by lavrentis on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I still think Adam Doree was telling the truth. Nowhere did he say that the game was certain to come out he just said it was almost finished which I think has been the case since IIx came out.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 pm

If i could choose which console it should come out i would prolly choose PS3 as it has really good gfx and with Yakuza 3 (if it comes out here) i would have TWO games for that console instead of just one, lol.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:04 pm

I really wanna get into Yakuza but after watching some gameplay vids I'm a bit iffy looks like FF gameplay without the epicness is it really that good? Compare it to Shenmue on a scale of 1 to 10.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:
Peter wrote:The day a Shenmue game is released on any Sony console, will be the day i stop buying Shenmue games.

Um why?
Better not be the wrong and old "teh ps2 killed DC" BS

Um no.

The controller is balls.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I think we have a fanboy in our midst.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Peter wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:
Peter wrote:The day a Shenmue game is released on any Sony console, will be the day i stop buying Shenmue games.

Um why?

Um no.

The controller is balls.

What? The contoller may not be the best but it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm wondering if you ever held one? This may cause a little stir but I think the Dreamcast has one of the worst controllers. But Xbox 1 takes the cake for worst controller of all time.

DoubleO_Ren wrote:I really wanna get into Yakuza but after watching some gameplay vids I'm a bit iffy looks like FF gameplay without the epicness is it really that good? Compare it to Shenmue on a scale of 1 to 10.

There are certain things that it shares with Shenmue but trust me it's a very different game. I prefer the Yakuza series to Shenmue. The first game is very good but Yakuza 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. You shouldn't skip the first as it's still great and the story carries over. And both games have a very epic storyline.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby sylentknyte » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Really good video, I enjoyed it.

One idea that I had as a little way to get attention to Shenmue would be to put a very professionally made video on youtube. Now I'm pretty sure that by refreshing the page you can get as many views as you want to for that particular video. So if we could get say a thousand Shenmue fans to all refresh the video say 100, 200 times each (which would only take a couple of minutes) then that video could be one of the most viewed videos on youtube that day. I think that plan would probably fail as it wouldn't get shenmue much attention anyways and would take to many people. But just a little thought anyways.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 am

Riku wrote:
Peter wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:

Um why?

Um no.

The controller is balls.

What? The contoller may not be the best but it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm wondering if you ever held one? This may cause a little stir but I think the Dreamcast has one of the worst controllers. But Xbox 1 takes the cake for worst controller of all time.

DoubleO_Ren wrote:I really wanna get into Yakuza but after watching some gameplay vids I'm a bit iffy looks like FF gameplay without the epicness is it really that good? Compare it to Shenmue on a scale of 1 to 10.

There are certain things that it shares with Shenmue but trust me it's a very different game. I prefer the Yakuza series to Shenmue. The first game is very good but Yakuza 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. You shouldn't skip the first as it's still great and the story carries over. And both games have a very epic storyline.

I don't like the PS controllers either and love the Xbox 1 s and 360 controller and DC one. (unless by Xbox 1 controller you mean the original boat anchor...oh god that thing was ass)

But the N64 controller is shit.

Still does not prevent me from playing the systems since the games are worth it.
Last edited by Bluecast on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby kanae767 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:38 am

If you want to talk about garbage controllers, then go look at the 16bit and older controllers. Thumbs never ached more than on those things.
kanae767
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 am

Loved the SNES and Genesis ,NES didn't bother me but anything before that ugh and we won't even get into crap systems like Jaguar.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LawXiu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:54 am

My favorite pad was gamecube, just seemed to fit the hand. Shame the console was cack. I don't like Playstation pads, the left stick and the D-pad need to be swapped.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah I meant the huge Xbox control the smaller one was great. I always liked the N64 one like the Gamecube ugly to look at but fit like a glove.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:41 am

I did like the DC controller tbh though I don't really mind much about controllers.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 am

Godliest controller ever was Atari 2600, the number of buttons was actually quite easy to handle.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III