I just have a good feeling about this(Long Read)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby OL » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 pm

SpikyAd wrote:
OL wrote::-s
^^That really didn't make much sense...

Better to believe that Shenmue III is coming then not to believe it's not coming. I know I wasnt very specfic but I thought you were one of the smart ones around here.

Sir, I direct you to:

Kenny™© wrote:Where does "fear" come into play?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Fresh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Just wow. I can't believe after a solid 2 of giving up hope more possible Shenmue 3 news has surfaced. I dont even know what to think anymore. I know this though, my GOD its good to be back.

OL, Kenny, Spence, Riku, can't believe all you motherfuckers are still here. Aye, tis sight for sore eyes indeed.
Fresh
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 am

^ You could have posted a link confirming Shenmue III release and a pic of an actual copy of Duke Nukem forever and the first response would be about the freakin annoying massive sig.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby SpikyAd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 am

Riku wrote:Better? I can quite happily live my life knowing it won't come.

So could I really as in the past I have had the feeling that Shenmue III wont ever come but I've still never given up. I'm saying it's always best to think that Shenmue III will come, then to think it's not coming. It's just more positive thinking that's all.

To other memebers who quoted on what I said (as I cant be bothered to quote all of you). I was probably a bit over the top with the 'fear' and 'hope' thing, it was kinda a joke but people seem to have the doubt that Shenmue III is never coming and we have never been told it isnt. So I don't know why people can't believe that it is coming, one day anyway. To have hope in anything makes life better, but of course we have been dissapointed in the past like several times, but there is still hope. Oh, and please dont reply with 'Shenmue doesnt appeal to me much anymore with the crappy controls.'
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

I doubt because the Shenmue series fucked SEGA over. IIx sold like shit and that's what people are going to look at. That's why I don't hav faith.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby SpikyAd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 am

Riku wrote:I doubt because the Shenmue series fucked SEGA over. IIx sold like shit and that's what people are going to look at. That's why I don't hav faith.

Yeah but Sumo digital are keen to work on it and Sega have said they are even considering doing it.
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 am

Them wanting to do it means nothing. And SEGA have said that they pretty much want funding when I doubt any company will help. The sad fact is people see the numbers of IIx and see the series as a bin to throw money in.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 am

Unfortunately, what these faggots don't see is that the only reasons Shenmue ever had sales issues was due to poor marketing and advisertising- Not Appeal! I'm sick of the lame fucking excuses on Sega's part. Just admit that you don't want to make the game due to laziness or not caring about integrity. To say the appeal today would be the exact same as II was on xbox is asinine. Then if someone steps in to finish the project on their own, they mysteriously have an issue with that as well. Fuck Sega!
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 am

I find it hilariously funny that there is such a divide here, i'm sticking with most of the vets with the opinion that this news isn't really anything at all. Sega have probably wanted to release Shenmue III for years but unfortunately to them circumstances just won't let it happen, it's too much of a financial risk and they'd have to do a damn good job to convince someone else to help them fund it.

All you people genuinely believing this will amount to something within the near future are just setting yourself up for more misery. People seem to have forgotten about the infamous Kikizo article posted by Adam Doree, that was much bigger news then anything we've had and rightly so people got there hopes up which is understandable but with this? Nah this doesn't seem like nothing to me.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 am

Jokatech Shenmue never had poor sales until it was on Xbox. The first game sold over 1 million copies on the Dreamcast which is very impressive I think only about five games did that. II was the most imported game in history. The problem was that when it came to Xbox most had not played the orginal and the game looked very dated. Also most that would be intrested in the game already had a copy and wern't going to buy a second.

SEGA should have forgot all about ever bringing II out for the Dreamcast and made it an Xbox exclusive. Then we would see the real numbers and may have the third and maybe forth game by now.

I think that the whole Kikizo article was true. If you think about it what has been said to Famitsu is the same thing that Adam Doree said. And that is that SEGA were waiting for a deal with one of the big three. I think that it's very unlikely that III isn't almost finished somewhere in the SEGA building. When II was being ported to the Xbox there was most likely a team working on III but the whole thing got canceled when the numbers come in.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby darksniper » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Riku wrote:Jokatech Shenmue never had poor sales until it was on Xbox. The first game sold over 1 million copies on the Dreamcast which is very impressive I think only about five games did that. II was the most imported game in history. The problem was that when it came to Xbox most had not played the orginal and the game looked very dated. Also most that would be intrested in the game already had a copy and wern't going to buy a second.

SEGA should have forgot all about ever bringing II out for the Dreamcast and made it an Xbox exclusive. Then we would see the real numbers and may have the third and maybe forth game by now.

I think that the whole Kikizo article was true. If you think about it what has been said to Famitsu is the same thing that Adam Doree said. And that is that SEGA were waiting for a deal with one of the big three. I think that it's very unlikely that III isn't almost finished somewhere in the SEGA building. When II was being ported to the Xbox there was most likely a team working on III but the whole thing got canceled when the numbers come in.

I think if Sega were to have brought it to the PS2 it would have saved the series completely. I think that's one of the reasons why Virtua Fighter stayed relevant during that time period. Shenmue would have reached a much broader fanbase and it would have complimented the PS2 library quite well.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 pm

PS2 would have had little factor,it's a flawed argument.
People just assume this way too often. Too often you see something hyped on a more popular platform but it ends up selling like crap or may sell decent but still is just a cult hit or a total flop.

The game itself was just too ambitious and niche and so much money dumped into it,being on PS2 would not help that much. If anything may have sold less being buried by other bigger and more advertised franchises.

Shenmue was supposed to be Dreamcasts system seller and it sold all the Sega fanboys and even yeah got a lot over preview coverage but once it came out people either loved it or hated it with no in between like most games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Fresh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 am

Even if the CEO's of Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo join hands and help Sega fund a 'Shenmue trilogy' project, the whole thing will fall flat on its face unless its marketed properly.

Look at Heavy Rain. There are so many mainstream gamers out there just waiting to bend over and let Quantic dreams fuck them up the ass hole because of how much hype is surrounding that game. It happened with Mirrors edge and it'll happen again.

There's no escaping the propaganda machine
Fresh

Postby DeadKevin666 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 am

The game will not be nearly as costly to produce as previous games since it does not have to revolutionize gaming. 1 & 2 were soooo far ahead of the curve for it's time hence the insane cost.

I don't need the game to have the greatest graphics of all time. Full voice acting is pretty common these days.

Given the scale and scope of games produced by Bioware and Bethesda it would even seem like it should have a "normal" development cycle (time wise).
DeadKevin666

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:27 pm

The first game sold over 1 million copies on the Dreamcast which is very impressive I think only about five games did that. II was the most imported game in history.

Well then err......bring out Shenmue III! Profit garunteed god when you think about it it's like if Shenmue 3 doesn't sell more than Modern Warfare 2 then it's not worth it in Sega's eyes damn man I know for a fact with the right advertisement Shenmue 3 could sell just as well as Uncharted 2 did.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III