I just have a good feeling about this(Long Read)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ReRuss » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

In order for Shenmue III to sell nearly as well as Uncharted, Ryo may need some emotion...
ReRuss
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby kanae767 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 pm

ReRuss wrote:In order for Shenmue III to sell nearly as well as Uncharted, Ryo may need some emotion...

and more action. I'm gonna wait and see how Heavy Rain sells first to see if mainstream is ready for another Shenmue (to sells in the millions).
kanae767

Postby Fresh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 pm

kanae767 wrote:
ReRuss wrote:In order for Shenmue III to sell nearly as well as Uncharted, Ryo may need some emotion...

and more action. I'm gonna wait and see how Heavy Rain sells first to see if mainstream is ready for another Shenmue (to sells in the millions).

It will sell well, guaranteed. Doesn't matter if its good or not. When someone advertises their re-invention of the wheel to this degree its bound to make some money.

'Mainstreamers' will buy what whatever the media tells them to buy. Word of mouth alone can't achieve much.

I'll stop now and save myself from sounding like a Starbucks drinking Mac using liberal hippie
Fresh
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Jokatech19 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I don't care what anyone say negatively about Shenmue. This story has more potential and magnetism than anything out today. It brings a tear to my eyes to watch the movie. Now I remember what I loved. Roy had such control and poise as a mere 18 year old and his whole life ahead of him. We were witnessing a young adult learning about the world before our eyes as he was on a mission for revenge. It wasn't overly cliche'. it was beautiful. I would love to see what happens next as long as it isn't faggotry.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Jokatech19 wrote:I don't care what anyone say negatively about Shenmue. This story has more potential and magnetism than anything out today. It brings a tear to my eyes to watch the movie. Now I remember what I loved. Roy had such control and poise as a mere 18 year old and his whole life ahead of him. We were witnessing a young adult learning about the world before our eyes as he was on a mission for revenge. It wasn't overly cliche'. it was beautiful. I would love to see what happens next as long as it isn't faggotry.

LOL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:26 am

^ yeah I know i was in the moment. Watch the movie last night.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReRuss » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:25 am

Fresh wrote:
kanae767 wrote:

It will sell well, guaranteed. Doesn't matter if its good or not. When someone advertises their re-invention of the wheel to this degree its bound to make some money.

'Mainstreamers' will buy what whatever the media tells them to buy. Word of mouth alone can't achieve much.

Yea that's true in a degree, just look at games that didn't get advertisement, or very little... Earth Defense Force 2017, I didn't see any ads for that, it never got popular, but was a decently fun game... As for sega titles, Phantasy Star Universe never got much publicity, it actually got past 100k users like a year ago (for 360 servers anyway), and they havn't had the game NEW since 2007... They lost quite a few people with lousy server maintenance and it becoming too noob friendly, not to mention the "grinder glitch" that ruined the economy on there

Fresh wrote:I'll stop now and save myself from sounding like a Starbucks drinking Mac using liberal hippie

My mac came from a dumpster... I got from a trade and restored it inside n out... I'm replacing the G3 logos seen under the case siding... might get big dreamcast swirls...
ReRuss

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:59 am

Jokatech19 wrote:I don't care what anyone say negatively about Shenmue. This story has more potential and magnetism than anything out today. It brings a tear to my eyes to watch the movie. Now I remember what I loved. Roy had such control and poise as a mere 18 year old and his whole life ahead of him. We were witnessing a young adult learning about the world before our eyes as he was on a mission for revenge. It wasn't overly cliche'. it was beautiful. I would love to see what happens next as long as it isn't faggotry.

Who's Roy?
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:Who's Roy?

Rutger Hauer.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:32 am

^ oops. Ryo. That movie should have had the drunk in it. He was a big part of the game. There are so many places they can go with the story. And I worry the more time passes how smart their selections will be.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 pm

SpikyAd wrote:
OL wrote::-s
^^That really didn't make much sense...

Better to believe that Shenmue III is coming then not to believe it's not coming. I know I wasnt very specfic but I thought you were one of the smart ones around here.

I'm confused maybe due to the fact that English is my third language. But if someone doesn't believe that it's not coming. Isn't that saying that you believe that it's coming? Or was this just some mistake while typing? :P

This is great. First some "emotional" sentences finished by that last one. hehe.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III