Shenmue 3 new features

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 new features

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Alright I know some of you vietnam vets here have probably seen this topic 100 times but um that's great, I can't find them now.
Just be interesting to see what people expect of a new Shenmue game after 10 years.

Change of clothes
Ok recently most sandbox games have had characters have the ability to change their garms, would you like to see this in the new game?
Do you think Ryo's symbolic brown jacket, white t-shirt and jeans should be the only clothing staying true to the classic games style or should it go for more realism?

Gameplay
Would you like to keep some of the old gameplay mixed with new gameplay styles? Describe what you'd like to see. Or would you rather the game played exactly like the old games or nothing like them?

Graphics
What kind of graphics should it have? Should it look like the old DC or a completely revamped shiny HD Ryo?

Waiting
Original waiting seen in Shenmue 2 or something more similar to Fallout 3 and Oblivion where you can wait anytime you want but people have to remember the more waiting you had to do when you can't skip it left people discovering the beautiful landscape and getting lost in the hustle and bustle and the atmosphere, exploring is what makes Shenmue so special and being forced to wait sometimes allowed players to experience this. Would you want to sacrifice that aspect?

Fast travel
Same as above O or F travel system or the same as Shenmue 2?
Could be useful but like the waiting thing may make you miss out on some great experiences that you cause outside of the main story.

Multiplayer
Would you like to have some kind of multiplayer in this? Whether it be Co Op ( I.E controlling Guizang or Ren) or like free battle mode kinda like Virtua Fighter 4 Shenmue style against your mates, I think thats would draw more people to the game if it had this kind of online multiplayer.

Interesting to see people's thoughts.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby myshtuff » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Instead of capsule toys get chain necklaces and temporary tattoos. Some sort of customization. And keep the Tomato Convenience Store, but expand it a little to have more items. However, keep the same theme song. Its truly perfect.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ReRuss » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Better controls, some emotion, and maybe bring back the passport system...
ReRuss
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

^ Oh yeah I forgot to mention voice actors would you rather Nolan North voicing Ryo? (lol that's an example) or the same old Corey Marshall?
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 am

All I want to hear is Ryo say, "Let's get sweaty." in Dolby Digital Surround Sound.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bobzombie00 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 am

I'd like to see more environment interaction other then just opening and closing drawers and actually being able to enter almost any building. Also being able to have multiple choices during a conversation that will affect certain parts of the game. I'd still like for them to keep Cory Marshall though, he may sound monotone but i just can't imagine anyone else voicing Ryo.
Bobzombie00
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Clint » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 am

Better voice acting

Full analog control

I don't want customisation options. This isn't GTA for fuck sake. Tattoo's WTF? Perhaps a change of clothing now and then but that'd be it.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby lavrentis » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:00 am

Clint wrote:Better voice acting

Full analog control

I don't want customisation options. This isn't GTA for fuck sake. Tattoo's WTF? Perhaps a change of clothing now and then but that'd be it.

But his skin has a great tone! no sag..
Last edited by lavrentis on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

"C'mon let me work on ya"

Yeah I agree with Clint tattoo's a bit on the extreme side considering they are not Ryo's style unless maybe it had something to do with the story.

I'd like it to be more gory too Ryo actually getting cuts and bruises, his clothes ripping so you'd be forced to change them. In fact is they introduce a change of clothes, his jacket should rip up in a cutscene that's how they should introduce the change of clothing feature.

Multiple choice conversations is also a huuuge must from asking about the character he's talking to personally to asking for locations and directions and even asking about places of amusement.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:27 am

What imho would be great would be more possibilities to "waste" money. Like already mentioned on clothing, but maybe even for food. I always liked the pointless "drinking a can of soda" or wasting 100 yen in Afterburner.Maybe you could even buy crap like a new casette recorder, a walkman, a SEGA console (maybe not a saturn, but a SEGA master System, would fit better in 1987). Maybe even buy a comic or a newspaper. maybe haircuts, maybe buying crap in the supermarket as usual (WOuld be cool if you saw Ryo eating the chips or chocolate instead of just the raffle). Maybe some points where you could do good or bad decisions and influence the story line more, enhancing replay value? Definitely more scrolls and some must be really hard to get. Maybe a pachinko simulator in case you get back to japan? More real tough fights, more choices - maybe you have a choice of bribing someone or starting a fight with him? I'd love to see Ryo return to japan and go through a sea of neonlights, like the Tokyo in Yakuza at night.
I loved the "secrets" like the duck race in Shenmue 2 - maybe loads more of such small secrets, so many that even after years someone discovers something new.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReRuss » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Actually, Ryo could just get a Discman...

Voices, possible people that may have the voice to be similer, but a possible improvement

A) Leonardo Dicaprio - He could probably go a tone deeper with his voice, but as it is seems more fitting to Ryo's age
B) Ron Perlman - Naturally he's a bit bassy, but a slight up tone and he possibly could pull it off, of course we'd expect him to say "And war... war never changes"
C) John Travolta - With some prep he could do it, he's a bit old but Ryo never exactly sounded 20yo either

As for people that should NEVER EVER touch it, Sylvester Stallone comes to mind... He could make the english dub less understandable than a cajun speech impediment version (See ref - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0U86o255w4 )
ReRuss

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

myshtuff wrote:Instead of capsule toys get chain necklaces and temporary tattoos. Some sort of customization. And keep the Tomato Convenience Store, but expand it a little to have more items. However, keep the same theme song. Its truly perfect.

Chains? Tattos?
You've been playing the wrong game, pal...

Jackets, clothes, sneakers... Haircuts, nothing beyond that, in terms of customizations.

'Your room' mode, a room (the one where you sleep) that you could decorate with capsule toys and other items-- it would give these types of items a deeper funcionality and the visual efect would be neat.

Eating, drinking and sleeping having a good deal of weight in your stamina and combat performance.

More inteligent conversations and deeper relationships, with optional answers/choices/events providing different outcomes with greater impact. To a point, this isn't, say, Mass Effect and shoudn't be. I'm talking about this happening in side-quests and such, not the main storyline.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby myshtuff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Not just have a discman, but walk around while listening to it. I loved listening to the music in game, but not while staying still.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:31 pm

ReRuss wrote:Voices, possible people that may have the voice to be similer, but a possible improvement

A) Leonardo Dicaprio - He could probably go a tone deeper with his voice, but as it is seems more fitting to Ryo's age
B) Ron Perlman - Naturally he's a bit bassy, but a slight up tone and he possibly could pull it off, of course we'd expect him to say "And war... war never changes"
C) John Travolta - With some prep he could do it, he's a bit old but Ryo never exactly sounded 20yo either

Wow, that's... you're not even... what the f--
Shit, I don't even know what to say to that.
Except "fuck off".
Fuck the hell off and DIE. Preferably with a disembodied cock up your ass, just to add extra embarrassment for you post-mortem.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 pm

What about a chapter select where you can replay favorite scenes? I wonder how that would go.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III