After Kickstarter

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: After Kickstarter

Postby joka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:05 pm

HD remakes don't really have any downsides- fairly low cost to produce and an existing fan base so chance of losing money is minimal.

Then youve got the benefit of introducing a new generation to it and potentially increase Shenmue 3 sales- yes they could get mauled critically but that wouldn't impact on S3 sales too much.

Then youve got the possibility of starting from the beginning and transferring your saves over which would be really good.

In regards to the original question I hope they make any announcements that they need to within a few days of the campaign closing and then go dark for a while- the important thing will be making the game the best it can be at that point.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Drakul » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:31 pm

I do hope if we get and HD thing that it gives us a choice of dub and sub.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Best thing would be to get a campaign going to tweet at Gio Corsi for Shenmue HD. Sega have shown in the past that they would ignore Taylor Swift laying naked in their bed while Sony have shown they want to appeal to the Neogaf crowd. You need the entire series available for people to play on modern systems to get even more people on the Shenmue bandwagon. I doubt it would break records but Shenmue has enough history behind it that a ton of people would be interested in getting it if they could play it on their PS4. The fanbase also has to get bigger if you want Shenmue IV.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby zach » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:21 pm

How are you guys holding up?

In a way I'm glad the KS is over and ended succesful, but I also really enjoyed to following a KS from start to finish.
Where do we get our info now, still through KS or the Shenmue 3 website?
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby Mugen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:37 am

In the light of how the Kickstarter was run we need to keep a watchful eye on how YS Net and collaborators handle the upcoming Paypal, marketing, fan interaction and more. Let's hope they can get a functional official forum up so that they can sift through upvoted/downvoted suggestions and improve bad presentation quicker in the future. They must not overcomplicate, maybe aim for a site similar to:
http://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/
More emphasis on the upcoming stretch goals of course. They should look into an online store asap as well, or allow people to get add-ons post-KS. And get rid of the hideous logotype if they can. If this still doesn't work out I think YS Net should look into switching responsible staff or accept more helping hands from fans.
Mugen
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: Mugen084
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 2

Previous

Return to Shenmue III