"Making Sense of Shenmue 3"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "Making Sense of Shenmue 3"

Postby zaneiken » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 am

My only gripe with the video is at 10:06 where he says "console exclusitivity". :rotflmao:
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm

zaneiken wrote: My only gripe with the video is at 10:06 where he says "console exclusitivity". :rotflmao:

I dont understand the problem with that line
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby zaneiken » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Exclusitivity is not a word.
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:19 pm

I put an apologise in the comments. I was drunk when I made the first post and also when I made the apologise.

It was weird to make Shenmue appear on the Sony stage for a KS. It was a really hard blow to see everybody up on arms saying "SIII backed by sony, you guys get out" when it was a 15 year old project that every publisher backed off.

I was a subscriber of him, but that video really ticked me off, like only Shenmue would (in a videogame realm).

I'm not kidding when a lot of people saw that I was in that extasis to see this game coming off just said that "Sony was behind all this" because they googled the name. Everyone wants to have a headline, and sometimes I understand. But for a videogames channel to make "oh E3 sucks, it's publicity" it's really condescending. We know it, videogames "news" it's a promotional trailer or clickbait, I think that he went with the "easy to say something about X game".

What I was really bugged off is that he did the comparations to indie games that ACTUALLY have not real meaning to videogames development as Shenmue actually did. I like him, he has A LOT of good stuff, but there was not just a "miscommunication" from awesome Japan, but also a miscommunication about what did (and CAN) be Shenmue for the future of game development.

He has a point though about big publishers trying to make crowdfunding a thing, but putting YS pretty much as "shady" was really hard, specially for someone I though cared about evolving videogames.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:28 pm

zaneiken wrote: Exclusitivity is not a word.

LOL that is true. I'll let George know lol
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:30 pm

shredingskin wrote: I put an apologise in the comments. I was drunk when I made the first post and also when I made the apologise.

It was weird to make Shenmue appear on the Sony stage for a KS. It was a really hard blow to see everybody up on arms saying "SIII backed by sony, you guys get out" when it was a 15 year old project that every publisher backed off.

I was a subscriber of him, but that video really ticked me off, like only Shenmue would (in a videogame realm).

I'm not kidding when a lot of people saw that I was in that extasis to see this game coming off just said that "Sony was behind all this" because they googled the name. Everyone wants to have a headline, and sometimes I understand. But for a videogames channel to make "oh E3 sucks, it's publicity" it's really condescending. We know it, videogames "news" it's a promotional trailer or clickbait, I think that he went with the "easy to say something about X game".

What I was really bugged off is that he did the comparations to indie games that ACTUALLY have not real meaning to videogames development as Shenmue actually did. I like him, he has A LOT of good stuff, but there was not just a "miscommunication" from awesome Japan, but also a miscommunication about what did (and CAN) be Shenmue for the future of game development.

He has a point though about big publishers trying to make crowdfunding a thing, but putting YS pretty much as "shady" was really hard, specially for someone I though cared about evolving videogames.

We all have our own opinions. I appreciate the apology. Believe me, George is a great journalist. I wouldn't slap my name on the video if I didn't think so.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Previous

Return to Shenmue III