Ps4k and shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Ps4k and shenmue 3

Postby johnvivant » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 am

definetly getting one if it plays shenmue 3 in 60fps. wonder what kind of trade in value i'd get for my old ps4? modern consoles are less reliable than the old generations, so its probably a good idea to replace an older system before it fails. buying this will be an upgrade that would justify it. they are probably going to announce it at e3.

hopefully if shenmue hd is announced it will also play in 60fps, even on the original ps4.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 am

How many people who already own a PS4 are considering double dipping for this upgraded NEO model? I don't think I will be able to, financially speaking I can't really justify it. It's a bit annoying, because this isn't usually the norm for home consoles (although is normal for handheld consoles e.g. The New 3DS), but at least all games will be compatible with both consoles and NEO exclusives are outlawed by Sony.

I could be wrong, but I think the NEO came about, because they think the NX will be more powerful than the original PS4 and they don't want to be outdone (or assume the NX will bomb because it's Nintendo).
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alexh86 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:56 am

There will be no exclusive games for the upgraded PS4. All games are required to run on both consoles and developers are not allow to build special features limited to the newer console. Anyone who has a PS4 now will be able to play Shenmue III. It's possible the game will have a higher framerate, more detailed textures, greater draw distance, etc on the newer console but that would be the extent of the difference.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:41 am

Could just ask the official twitter outlets.
Also, the NEO isn't official yet. It is only "confirmed" via leaked documents.
No one will comment on the development for it yet because that would just confirm it against Sony's will.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Mr357 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:57 pm

I bet the extra horsepower of the Neo (although it's not much) will be solely meant for use with the Morpheus.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Mr357 wrote: I bet the extra horsepower of the Neo (although it's not much) will be solely meant for use with the Morpheus.

Yeah I think so too. To be able to mainstream the headset without the pass-through box.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Telekill » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:02 pm

As everything about PS4K is a rumor at this point, one that I heard was that Sony isn't looking to alienate it's current install base of normal PS4 systems. What they are looking into is that a PS4 game is still a PS4 game. As of October 2016, released games (both digital and physical) will be used on either system. A physical disc for say... Shenmue 3... would be able to be put into either the PS4 or the PS4K. The system it's put into would then simply use the specs that it was capable of. Think of it as like being a PC release but not having to deal with setting up each individual game. You set up the system upon the initial setup process and you're good.

If this is the direction that Sony takes the PS4K then I'll be perfectly happy with it as it means I won't be upgrading. I don't plan on owning a 4KTV within the next 10 years, so buying the PS4K wouldn't make sense for me at this time.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Previous

Return to Shenmue III