Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:18 am

drunkensailor wrote:taking someone at face value on the internet :lol: you expect us to trust you? who are you? other than a sad attention whoring fool. I feel sorry for you, you have no friends. really.

now go away and let us enjoy shenmue 3

Rikitatsu is not an AW. He's worrying a bit about Shenmue III and try naturally to share a private information while highly respecting his source and the people implied in the development, period.

And I can say his information is 100% trustworthy considering who the source is. While what I learnt is pretty discouraging, I think it does not mean much for the future of the game actually so no need to make a fuss for the moment.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:31 am

How the fuck did we go from "the video was amazing" to "discouraging stuff" in a couple of hours ??
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 am

I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: delvec19, Sh3ppy, SheepheadCG, Shenmue_Music, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 am

shredingskin wrote: How the fuck did we go from "the video was amazing" to "discouraging stuff" in a couple of hours ??

The same way these conversations always go south. :lol:

I will say that I've probably heard roughly the same stuff as Rikitatsu and Yokusuka and don't feel discouraged by it when put in context of where in development they are, so I would implore people to keep their heads and not panic about that stuff.

Different strokes for different folks. 2017 is going to be a long year of hard work for YSnet, but nobody ever said game development, and especially not Shenmue III, would be an easy job.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

Do you mean the power of love is superior to the power of opinion? :lol:

It's sad that when 99 people are enjoying the current situation, 1 people with a different view is enough to generate a general whining and make him potentially banned from the dojo.

I will try to shut my month in the coming months but it's only because I've an immense respect for you Peter.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby delvec19 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

Peter wrote: I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register http://www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Amen!
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:20 am

Yokosuka wrote: Do you mean the power of love is superior to the power of opinion? :lol:

It's sad that when 99 people are enjoying the current situation, 1 people with a different view is enough to generate a general whining and make him potentially banned from the dojo.

I will try to shut my month in the coming months but it's only because I've an immense respect for you Peter.

I appreciate that, but you have to understand that part of the role I have here is just to watch. If you can, honestly, click on your profile and go back and skim read posts throughout the year in various topics. You will see that a majority of the posts give criticism and nothing much else. Not having a go at you, it's just your posting attitude, and that then extends to having the reputation as a negative member. We don't do censorship here, and like I said, all opinions are welcome. But when it comes to the stage of people being put off participating or joining here, then something is wrong.
You say it's all positive, except for a couple of members with "differing" opinions, implying that it's not a big deal, but when the past 36 hours have seen 14 pages descend into negativity, putting people off being here, then it is a big deal. That's why I am asking both of you, in my own suttle way to look at your posting attitude.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:37 am

For God's sake, what does this mean? Now two members are part of a secret club?

Anyway, I just heard something from someone that crashed my hype to the lowest degree, and I'm pretty thankful for that. It's always best to lower expectations and play it safe.

And I can say his information is 100% trustworthy considering who the source is. While what I learnt is pretty discouraging, I think it does not mean much for the future of the game actually so no need to make a fuss for the moment.

You can't just drop those comments without thinking of the consequences on the rest of us... die-hard Shenmue fans like you!
Now I'm worried when I should be confident... and I even don't know why. :sad:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:50 am

Either way Kiske, it's done. That's not happening. There's no way I'm having any sort of scaremongering from hidden sources in the shadows, from its own fans of all people!

Before anyone even goes down the road of saying that's no different from what me and LanDC did back in September, it was clear from the beginning who our source was; YSNET. We also were clear about what we were severely wink wink and hinted at. We never denied anything, and also said that plans could change, and they did. Yes the hype resulted in disappointment, but it was a small blip on this long road, and at the crux of it all, we used what we were told to promote positivity and excitement within the community. Not say the future is bleak, I wouldn't get too excited.

Wouldn't get too excited???? That Shenmue 3 is in development after how long of waiting? If you remember any of the hardship and pain of the past decade waiting on this game, then everyday you should be excited that this game exists, and that there are so many excellent positive things associated with it.

Peter has received a thanks from: Kiske
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 am

Personally, I consider the PSX debate closed.

It has been a small disappointement. For a few hours.

Then I remembered what you and LanDC said about the KS dinner.
I remembered what Payton said about Yu sleeping in the office.
I remembered what Yu San achieved in his amazing career.
Then came the Famitsu article and Suzuki San mini-interview ("Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.") and last but not least, yesterday's update with new screenshots (WIP screenshots) and the latest official comments from Yu itself.

There is no way I'll lose my faith in this project, but that said, Shenmue Dojo was the last place I was thinking about as a place for scaremongering.

Kiske has received a thanks from: delvec19
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby shredingskin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:18 am

Faith is priests.
And priests are pedophiles.

Are YOU a pedophile ?

Really now it seems that everyone and their grandma is "in" the "we know stuff about the game that only the illuminati and I know".

I'm just happy the game is being made, even today there are no games with the shenmue vibe and design approach. In the adventure department there are old-school PnC, walking sims, and 3d visual novels (some with some gimmicky twist), I'm really looking forward to it (and that's just trying to be level headed and not a fanboy).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am

So now there are some hidden info floating around and they are disheartening? Given the course of the general discussion here, I take it to be either some kind of delay for the project, or Yu keeping the UE4 look for the game that some seem to abhor. The prior issue is is within expectations as it happens to any game project, big or small, Kickstarter or not. While the latter is simply BS. Please show me one picture or video of a game that would make a better looking Shenmue 3 than those screenshots Ysnet gave us!

Actually don't, because you know what? It will not be the Shenmue 3 look, simply because it's not what Yu, THE CREATOR AND DIRECTOR, chose it to be. If people are going to continue to bash the project on the basis of the current art direction Yu is aiming for, let's just do a favour to ourselves and make a petition to overthrow Yu from the project and elect someone from Dojo (hopefully an expert who understands the Shenmue "feel and smell" better than the creator himself) as the new director. That SURELY would make THE Shenmue 3 fans were really claiming for after 15 years or so LOL.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: delvec19
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 am

sand4fish wrote: So now there are some hidden info floating around and they are disheartening? Given the course of the general discussion here, I take it to be either some kind of delay for the project, or Yu keeping the UE4 look for the game that some seem to abhor.

Neither of these. Just nipping this straight in the bud.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 am

Spaghetti wrote:
sand4fish wrote: [color=#FFFFFF]So now there are some hidden info floating around and they are disheartening? Given the course of the general discussion here, I take it to be either some kind of delay for the project, or Yu keeping the UE4 look for the game that some seem to abhor.

Neither of these. Just nipping this straight in the bud.

Fair enough. Either way, as long as the team doesn't tell me the project is cancelled I can take it. 15 years in the waiting already made most of us have Monk like level of patience and tolerance.
[/color]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:50 am

At this point we should be able to catch 3 falling leaves with our eyes closed and without hands.

But apparently we can't.

I can though, that makes me 42% better.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III