Possible Shenmue announcement in 2015?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Possible Shenmue announcement in 2015?

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:08 pm

AM2 wrote: I don't think he's referring to Shenmue at all, I think Polygon's interview with Yu Suzuki is all the proof we need to validate these rumours, as for now.

A bit off-topic, So he's claiming that Virtua Fighter 6 for PS4 will get announced/released before the arcade version?
Never happened before, in 21 years...Console ports always lagged a year or two.

The 'new' Virtua Fighter game rumour has been confirmed. It's a loose sense of the term, mind you, VF5: Final Strike - Version B for Japanese arcades.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AM2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:17 am

The 'new' Virtua Fighter game rumour has been confirmed. It's a loose sense of the term, mind you, VF5: Final Strike - Version B for Japanese arcades.

I can't believe this, another revision of Virtua Fighter 5...Maybe it will be an arcade-only release.
I'm not waiting for another 'revision', it's been almost 10 years since Virtua Fighter 5 came out.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life

Postby freakycritter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 am

That revision is just to remove the online features.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby AM2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 am

freakycritter wrote:That revision is just to remove the online features.

Why would they do that? Anyways, without the supervision of Yu Suzuki the series lost something, It's less balanced than it was in Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for sure, the ultimate fighting game imo.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby freakycritter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 pm

The most logical conclusion is that 6 is on it's way.

Suzuki didn't have much to do with with VF after 3 anyway...
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SledgeNE » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:23 am

I will hope so! But in fact, sadly, there will nothing announced. :|
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby ys » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:28 pm

I didn't have high hopes but they got even lower after seeing that Sega will focus more on smartphone games and online gaming. We're probably lucky that Yakuza 5 is even coming to the West.

Thread about the restructuring : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47407

ys has received a thanks from: KX-5
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Wolfgame » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:52 pm

A whole bunch of reasons to think Shenmue 3 wont happen in 2015, but i've never let that stop my blind optimism before. Let's go Shenmue 3 2015 I am on board the hype train!
Wolfgame

Postby JMan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 am

If Sony is worth their salt when it comes to #BuildingTheList, which I believe they might be what with the Yakuza 5 deal, by 2016 I think we might see Shenmue 1 + 2 on PSN.
JMan

Postby Supa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:09 pm

I do have hope for Sony to pull something with the games.

That whole restructuring is only SEGA Of America. SEGA has said numerous times in the past that they are going to focus more on PC and mobile...but console games will not cease to be made.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby alexh86 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:22 am

Sony's Third Party Productions team and the #buildingthelist campaign are really the only hope right now. Sony wants to attract core gamers and wants to re-release/reboot game franchises as it makes sense. They're localizing Yakuza 5, they redid Grim Fandango, they brought Suikoden to the PS3/Vita PS1 Classics, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Shenmue I & II could get some kind of re-release.

We are a long, long, long, long way from getting a brand new game in the series, however.
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Postby R3N » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 am

Henry Spencer wrote: This is what the guy from NeoGAF (who's verified as working as Sony in some sort of capacity, so take it with a grain of salt) said:

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

My guesses are:

1. Probably a phone game. Suikoden is dead.

2. Probably true.

3. SHOCKING NEWS!

4. Again, SHOCKING NEWS!

5. Final Fantasy XII HD was basically confirmed by Kitase a while back, so it's probably in the works for real now. Especially since FFX HD did so well. So yeah, SHOCKING!

6. Sounds cool and Harada was teasing this a while back. Guess Namco ended up getting a lot of interest after all for it.

7. So, just more ports, more "remasters" (again, totally shook by this news, never could see that one coming!), actual remakes/sequels or what? Seems like a really obvious thing to say.

8. Phantasy Star Online 2. Or Shenmue HD. Remember this is the guy who claimed that FFVII was "getting a remake on PS4" so he's only been half right before.

9. The setting is really not been done much, just depends whether they make the whole game brown or give it some nice visuals and done in an interesting way rather than just "kill the terrorists".

10. No idea. Sounds good though.

11. Sequel? Could literally mean anything.

12. Port? Again, any game could be announced and would fit that diameter.

Just seems like he's an attention grabbing idiot, tbh. Take anything he says with a large grain of salt.

That is impossible PSO2 is PC only in Japan and it will be PC only in the west too It will not come to PS4 since the game was pc only in Japan. Unless you mean Vita version but we will never see that in the west the same way we are not going to see Valkyria Chronicles III on Vita.

To be honest I think the game just going to be Yakuza....
Yakuza 50%
Shenmue 3 0.3%

It really sucks we get so exited then when the time comes nothing happens.....
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:51 am

Suikoden is dead. Don't fucking tease me with Suikoden shit. If Suikoden thing were true I would have heard about it from inside sources.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Inside your pants isn't exactly inside sources. That's just a wetboys hard on.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AhmedHazuki » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm

I don't think so. "He says his goal at this point is to sign a deal with a console-sized budget rather than the mobile deals he's done. And he says that even though he's been quiet for a while publicly, he still has big plans for the future.
He just needs to find someone to pay for them." This is an excerpt from a polygon article that released a month after the neo-gaf post. So my stance is no, I don't see it happening.
AhmedHazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: ahmedhazuki
Currently playing: Infamous,Darksiders.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III