The Villages: everything we know so far

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Villages: everything we know so far

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 am

Gen wrote: In the japanese VO they don't say Bailu village. they say Hakason or something like that. Yu Suzuki also uses this name in interviews.

That's common for Japanese to make a story initially with the real names, but then make up a different name for Japanese market, because the original name, can't be translated into Japanese.

Writers really should just put the names in English, even for the Japanese market, changing the names, especially in historic Chine settings, is disgraceful to say the least.

Thankfully if things ever get released in the west, localizers have been good about getting the real names from the author(The anime "Kingdom" is the prime case of such. I can't believe the Japanese changes the names of such historical characters, they should be a shame of them selves).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am

Look at them huts in Baisha.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:32 am

I now understand why Fenghuang is part of Unesco.

May Choubu be a mix of Fenghuang with Yanghshuo as the Li river ends at this town ?

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Amir
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby nikeboy94 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:04 am

Ceej wrote: Looks like you got everything.

These environments seem like such a rapid departure from Shenmue I and II...is anyone else kind of nervous? I'm sure it will be great but I just loved exploring the crowded streets of the first two games...maybe I'm overreacting?

I think Yu Suzuki will try his best to make the environments as lively and real as possible. Shenmue 4 is probably going to be the full-blown sequel if Shenmue 3 becomes very successful. He'll be able to fund Shenmue 4 without any issues (i.e. SEGA/Sony might have more confidence to invest / Shenmue 3's profits taken to fund Shenmue 4).
nikeboy94
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III