$30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:06 pm

joka wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote:Do you think they timed this to coincide with the $30 on the 3rd campaign? Introduce some new tiers while everyone is rabid and ready to drop more money? (And to make them look better when the changes create a log more revenue? :-P)

It was pretty much perfect timing. In my case, I was going to go for a ps4 digital copy with a new account (I'll have the PC physical with my first pledge), but now that there's a physical version, I upped my potential pledge from $30 to $60.

It was timed with the #saveshenmue tweetathon that's been a regular thing for ages.

30 on 3rd was timed with this too

the timing for everything was perfect. lets hope that there is good gaming media coverage of this.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks for all the support guys! I was on the road to my inlaws' but you better believe I upped my pledge!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elmatto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:01 pm

So can someone clarify something for me?
On the reward descriptions it sounds like specific pledges only get specific things. Like...if you get the 60 dollar ps4 pledge...would that not carry over to the more expensive ones?
I ask because the pictures at the very bottom show EVERYTHING accumulating with more money spent, whereas the descriptions do not.

I hope that makes sense.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm

elmatto wrote: So can someone clarify something for me?
On the reward descriptions it sounds like specific pledges only get specific things. Like...if you get the 60 dollar ps4 pledge...would that not carry over to the more expensive ones?
I ask because the pictures at the very bottom show EVERYTHING accumulating with more money spent, whereas the descriptions do not.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, some pledges carry only specific rewards. The best indicative is to pay attention to the last line of the reward tier: "Includes the $... reward".
And about the PS4 physical copy, it's included in all tiers above it, if that's your choice.
Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby elmatto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:17 pm

sand4fish wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, some pledges carry only specific rewards. The best indicative is to pay attention to the last line of the reward tier: "Includes the $... reward".
And about the PS4 physical copy, it's included in all tiers above it, if that's your choice. The only exception to this are the newly added rewards such as the extra dinner tiers, the NPC creation and the Lucky Hit portrait.

Ah shit. I feel like a dumbass now. It just now fucking clicked. When I read 'includes xx reward' I was thinking it was something else. I didn't put two and two together until you laid it out in front of me.

Holy christ. I must be getting old.
elmatto

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:21 pm

^ I don't think you are the only who got confused. I'm just used to it as I pledged for other Kickstarter projects before.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:27 pm

elmatto wrote:
sand4fish wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

And about the PS4 physical copy, it's included in all tiers above it, if that's your choice. The only exception to this are the newly added rewards such as the extra dinner tiers, the NPC creation and the Lucky Hit portrait.

Ah shit. I feel like a dumbass now. It just now fucking clicked. When I read 'includes xx reward' I was thinking it was something else. I didn't put two and two together until you laid it out in front of me.

Holy christ. I must be getting old.

initially i was confused too, this being the first time i ever pledged on kickstarter. i thought that when it mentioned 'includes rewards $' it was referring to the in-game currency or something. i figured it out eventually!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby jakester » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Bit later to the party than I anticipated but upgraded to $300. Great campaign guys, looks like a good day!
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 pm

This needs to come back!
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 am

Yeah the Paypal thing isn't looking healthy at all. Like even at the current rate, in 95 days, is it going to reach the 6.5 mil stretch goal?

Maybe people are holding back till towards the end, I don't have a great deal of money at the moment, and i'm going on holiday in a months time. So for me atleast it's looking at nearer the end of the PayPal where i'm going to buy another tshirt and ps4 physical. So that's another $100 from me.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Bellator » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:50 am

There is no sense of urgency this time around. Shenmue III is in development and the pay pal campaign will be up until the end of the year.

I would surprised if we got to 7 million all together to be honest.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III