(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby b_ren » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:55 am

So, how did filming go on sunday?
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ocky27 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Our big filming day on Sunday put this movie over the top as the biggest fiasco ever attempted. I think Tyler told the tale best in his Livejournal, so I'm sure he won't mind me copying the story here:
---
Today was our final big shooting day. To start off...the main villian, Billy Pappas couldn't make it.

There were the usual gripes, costume parts missing, bad takes, Kelly complaining, but nothing prepared us for the onslaught of one determined, wrathful, and all around grumpy UIC police-woman. Storming in while we were changing, she assaulted us with claims for authroization. Things got heated when I explained that we were "immune" to such discrepancies as students here at UIC. Apparently that word didn't sit well with her, as she got up in my face and pursued the course of arguing that I'm a smartass and could be hand-cuffed and taken to jail for trespassing. She also ticketed Kelly's motorcycle.

Trespassing? On school property? That I pay money to go to? Come on, you couldn't have anything better to do than hassle a bunch of idiot film students trying to finish their dumb video game movie? While dispatch was wasting time with us, someone in need of real help was probably getting mugged/raped/shot.

The Quinn man, having the charmisa of a level 50 bard/con-artist began to soften her up with sweet talk, asking her how much she thought his suit cost ($17 @ a thrift store btw). She let us go, but made us leave the building. Meanwhile, Kelly had bolted onto her cycle and left us. We still needed her for 2 more scenes...and this was our final day we could get everyone together. We pleaded with her to come back and finish, saying we would pay her ticket and parking AND take her out to dinner.

She came back and with CARLY! her hot twin sister! Bitchin'. Overall it was a f-in hilarious albeit loooong day. And Eileen bought us cookies! My legs kill, I've been eating too much crap lately. At least I still looked good in the dailies today.
---
And that's the story. Despite "The Man's" best efforts to shut us down, we did indeed finish shooting everything we needed to. There now remains just over a page of script left to shoot, which means the end is finally in sight. I'm still putting everything together that we just shot, so expect screenshots and crap very soon.

-OckMan
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Ock McGee

Postby Tyler Ventura » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:09 pm

gang wars is only good if you can tolerate our stupid faces and retarded humor for more than 43 min. and assuming youve seen shenmue TGE....you should have a ball!
Tyler Ventura
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:27 pm

Wow, what a day, i'm glad that is everything alright now.
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 pm

I liked Gang Wars... That's the one with the evil versions, right?

Sounds like you guys had quite a day. Looking forward to seeing the results.

But a diary of your daily activities and lives? Who wants to read THAT boring stuff? I hate anyone who thinks their lives are so interesting that they have to broadcast it to the entire world! As if they're a celebrity and deserve all the attention!

[irony]By the way, read my blog every Wednesday! ItZ 4 rEaLz!!!!!!! This week... I think about Ninja Turtles and how cool I am. :) [/irony]
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby b_ren » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:59 pm

JoeMDesign wrote:I liked Gang Wars... That's the one with the evil versions, right?

Gang Wars is movie with the Council of Elders.

The Search for Pappas is the movie with their evil sides.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby xatruio » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:19 pm

i hate pigs

'specially rented ones
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:28 pm

John Locke wrote:
JoeMDesign wrote:I liked Gang Wars... That's the one with the evil versions, right?

Gang Wars is movie with the Council of Elders.

The Search for Pappas is the movie with their evil sides.

D'oh!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DeadPool » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Tyler Ventura wrote:gang wars is only good if you can tolerate our stupid faces and retarded humor for more than 43 min. and assuming youve seen shenmue TGE....you should have a ball!

ah yeah, ive seen a few of yer guyses movies, i think i started to dl gang wars once, but instead of clicking on one link and letting it save, apparently clicking on all links stops other downloads. and after getting 2 videos that got cut short i think i was pretty much just like "Ef this with a capital E"
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ocky27 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:17 am

Got 8 new screenshots up at the site from our big shoot last weekend. I could've added lots more...but you don't want me to spoil *all* the surprises, do you?

The front page of the site has also been updated with 8 new logos appearing randomly at the top of the page. There's 3 Shenmue-related ones in there, so keep hitting the refresh button to see them all!

-OckMan
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JoeMDesign » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 am

Hmm... Different banners, huh?

*click*

Hey... I know this...

*click*

What? This again?

*click*

Maybe I'll try another...

*click*

Perhaps they're out?

--

*looks at new pics*

Hey...! You guys DID do a parordy of...

[spoiler]...the Shenmue Online video I mentioned! I'm gonna sue you! Mmmmuuhahahahahahaaaaa!!!![/spoiler]

Looking good! :D

ps. What's the Mike Army...? Interesting...

--

EDIT: Hey! I'm top of the page again! USA! USA! USA!!!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ocky27 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:36 pm

Hey, I already told you that idea was in the script long before you thought of it! WE'RE the geniuses, not you!

-OckMan
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Andy Hughes » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:48 pm

I am glad to hear that the filming is alomost finished. Keep up the good work man.
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby JoeMDesign » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:54 pm

Yeah, well I thought of it... ten years ago!

(Hey! You're on the front page! Nice one!)
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alimn » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 am

Oh yeah,...

Thanks for the new updates...

Can't wait to see the movie.

Kind Regards-Ali M.N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster