Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Postby Himuro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:52 am

Lol @ you guys thinking that "momentum" will be lost when people in places like China haven't pledged yet. If anything, this may build more anticipation. Stop complaining about every little thing.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:59 am

Himuro wrote: places like China haven't pledged yet.

lol ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:02 am

shredingskin wrote:
Himuro wrote: places like China haven't pledged yet.

lol ?

A lot of people in China and other countries have demanded PayPal for this reason. Give it time and have patience.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 am

Himuro wrote: Lol @ you guys thinking that "momentum" will be lost when people in places like China haven't pledged yet. If anything, this may build more anticipation. Stop complaining about every little thing.

I'm honestly surprised people thought the Paypal support would go up straight away...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:46 am

Reprise wrote:
Himuro wrote: Lol @ you guys thinking that "momentum" will be lost when people in places like China haven't pledged yet. If anything, this may build more anticipation. Stop complaining about every little thing.

I'm honestly surprised people thought the Paypal support would go up straight away...

Why not ? It's a standard by any high/funded KS.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:47 am

Let haters hate
I am not going to read through all that negativity anymore.
It was just so suprising to me to actually read it here...

But hey time to move on.
Paypal will be in place soon!
There are two years left, it is going to be fine!

Yu Suzuki has said that he is now able to make a full on Shenmue experience!!

Why is that not enough for you???
Why say things like the things you said so hatefully?

Shenmue 3 WILL be the full on Shenmue experience!!!

I am just gratefull that this moment has arisen, in 1999 Shenmue touched me and it has sticked with me, few games has done that..
I am sure you are a minority, and please stop saying foul things!
I am surprises there is no moderator here who asks you kindly!
Well now i did.
Off course you can have critic, but to me it doesnt sound if you are fans at all when you say things about Yu like that.

will of the ancients

-sona mi areru ec sancitu-
simsatit
Asia Travel Representative

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:53 am

simsatit wrote: Let haters hate

Yeah, I'm a hater, I'll admit.

So sour about Shenmue III being made, it's not about wanting things go the best they can.

If they're doing trying to target JP and Chinese market with paypal and revamping stuff would be quite great.

And now that I think of it,it's a great strategy, don't think it's happening though.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 am

Well Shredinhskin,

I will never attack someone solely on a personal basis, it just amazes me that there is a poster that posts things i do not want to repeat and others fully agreeing with it, as if saying foul things like that on a forum for everyone to see is going to help the positive vibe on this forum.
Shenmue is about love, let us not preach hate!
No sane being is interested in funding hate.
Maybe those who need to vent frustration instead of attacking Yu below the belt why not go to a real Dojo and practice some moves, vet sweaty.

When you come back all negativity will be gone, promise and you will be filled with joy again that this incredible experience we love from our younger years is comming back full force!!!

will of the ancients

simsatit

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 am

That post made me went into meditation,

Like really deep.

Came from nirvana and still no paypal.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: punkmanced
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:09 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:I'd love to see SEGA do this with their other properties they don't think are profitable like Panzer Dragoon,

Panzer Dragoon! I still have all of those except Saga, it's so expensive it's like a rental. I'll buy on Ebay then sell it back. One day I hope I can buy it to keep. Orta was probably one of the last great Sega games to be honest, with the exception of Valkyria Chronicles.

The last good Sega games are the Yakuza series.

simsatit wrote: @Sonoshee

Obviousilly my love for Panzer Dragoon is , well, BIG
Saga is my no1 game. Ever. Period.
I am 40 and gamer since my 10th (MSX and nes)
For some reason Saga resonates with me, i love the Saturn, if you look at that Beta Shenmue footage it is incredible...

Some say Saga is overrated, YU said that he had the utmost respect for team Andromeda and that Saga was a masterpiece not fully respected by most...
I love it, different then Shenmue, I ADORE Shenmue, but Saga has rhis special place in my heart.
I think Azel is such a mystique and beautifull character.
I fear that a remake of Saga, or even a spiritual succesor could be a big letdown for me...
In that respect, i will carry my love for PDS with me and let it rest.
However, IF a new PD would be launched on KS, i would be broke, like really broke, so pleaaaaase, no PD KS...

Remember Scottish Duck, crying he wanted to buy a house, and now couldnt anymore because of Shenmue KS, that would be me with PD.
So let it rest for heavens sake:):):)

will of the ancients

I can relate with your love for PD Saga because one of my all time favourite games is Skies of Arcadia, one of the best rgps ever made, and i think that a remake or a new entry would do much damage and i would be letdown. Such underrated gems that has no place in todays industry, i mean, surely are great games here and there, but those of old ages (ive been playing since i was 6 years old with a Amstrad cpc, almost 30 years of gaming) have something that nowAdays has been lost, i cant describe how but i feel that way, that newer games are meant to please the mainstream crowd with superb graphics and actions, whereas in 1994 a game simply felt a "game", it was direct, it was honest.

Oh man so much offtopic, sorry but i couldnt help :oops:
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Hey guys, I got in touch with AJ about whether there's was something preventing Yu from implementing a Paypal option right after the end of the campaign, if physical rewards would still be at play on further crowdfunding (Paypal) and if the AJ team would continue to work with Yu or move on to other endeavors later on. Here is his reply:

Hello,

Thank you very much sir! Without the Absolutely amazing Shenmue community, none of this would have been possible. Congratulations to you!

As for the Paypal, Mr. Suzuki did mention it on the Twitch broadcast. There are reasons yes, none of which I am personally privy to. But you can imagine our situation is is slightly more complicated than your average Kickstarter.

As for the jacket and figure, you're right on there. If the crowd funding does continue, they should be included. Thanks!

Yes, we should be continuing to work with Ys Net and Mr. Suzuki throughout the whole KS process.

Enjoy your Happy Shenmue weekend too!

Awesome Japan

As the IP doesn't belong to Yu Suzuki, could legality be a problem here?
Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby code l name » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:42 pm

sand4fish wrote: Hey guys, I got in touch with Joel, AKA Fanta guy, about whether there's was something preventing Yu from implementing a Paypal option right after the end of the campaign, if physical rewards would still be at play on further crowdfunding (Paypal) and if the AJ team would continue to work with Yu or move on to other endeavors later on. Here is his reply:

Hello,

Thank you very much sir! Without the Absolutely amazing Shenmue community, none of this would have been possible. Congratulations to you!

As for the Paypal, Mr. Suzuki did mention it on the Twitch broadcast. There are reasons yes, none of which I am personally privy to. But you can imagine our situation is is slightly more complicated than your average Kickstarter.

As for the jacket and figure, you're right on there. If the crowd funding does continue, they should be included. Thanks!

Yes, we should be continuing to work with Ys Net and Mr. Suzuki throughout the whole KS process.

Enjoy your Happy Shenmue weekend too!

Joel
Awesome Japan

As the IP doesn't belong to Yu Suzuki, could legality be a problem here?

That shouldn't matter at all since the IP went 'lent' to Suzuki by Sega. If they were able to raise funds through KS I can't see why Paypal would be any different.

Again why were these issues weren't looked into way in advance of them launching the campaign, who the hell knows. It seems time and time again, they are reacting to things and nothing in this campaign shows they've been proactive or had a plan. Disappointing.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:52 pm

code l name wrote: That shouldn't matter at all since the IP went 'lent' to Suzuki by Sega. If they were able to raise funds through KS I can't see why Paypal would be any different.

Again why were these issues weren't looked into way in advance of them launching the campaign, who the hell knows. It seems time and time again, they are reacting to things and nothing in this campaign shows they've been proactive or had a plan. Disappointing.

There's something holding Yu back on this, probably even before KS started like the PS4 physical copies. I don't think the problem was about planning but a question of demand or agreement among Yu's investors. But Joel is right on one thing for sure, Shenmue 3 was definitely not your typical Kickstarter project from the very beginning.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby code l name » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:04 pm

sand4fish wrote:
code l name wrote: That shouldn't matter at all since the IP went 'lent' to Suzuki by Sega. If they were able to raise funds through KS I can't see why Paypal would be any different.

There's something holding Yu back on this, probably even before KS started like the PS4 physical copies. I don't think the problem was about planning but a question of demand or agreement among Yu's investors. But Joel is right on one thing for sure, Shenmue 3 was definitely not your typical Kickstarter project from the very beginning.

Of course it's a problem regarding planning. Suzuki heard about KS 3 years ago. Every single large videogame KS project has either had Paypal available during the campaign or it was an option after the KS completed. The fans repeated this ad nauseam over the last month. Why would this not be resolved well before the campaign goes live, when it's an essential element of pretty much every major KS campaign and you are guaranteed of another stream of raising funds?
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:09 pm

code l name wrote: Of course it's a problem regarding planning. Suzuki heard about KS 3 years ago. Every single large videogame KS project has either had Paypal available during the campaign or it was an option after the KS completed. The fans repeated this ad nauseam over the last month. Why would this not be resolved well before the campaign goes live, when it's an essential element of pretty much every major KS campaign and you are guaranteed of another stream of raising funds?

Yes, Paypal was available pretty much on all major projects. Shouldn't it be a given that it would be featured on Shenmue 3 KS as well, without even planning? But again, there is whole side of this story that Yu can't disclose to the public. Otherwise we all might as well start calling on Yu's incompetence.

PS. In Yu I believe.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III