THE SHENMUE 3 THING AT GAME UK

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Louis » Thu May 29, 2003 12:47 pm

Tomo wrote:GAME are one of the most sucsefull respected and relliable video game company's in the u.k i'm not too sure about it coming out this year but i'm now confident we'll be playing it in 2004.no i'm not just being optimistic i really do believe that.why?i think SEGA and am2 are keeping this project(shenmue 3)very secret and they must have leaked some information to GAME that's the best theory i can think of'because i really don't think that GAME would tell a lie.i'm not going to raise my hopes to high though as it might be false but i do think that shenmue 3's comming.

game were the only people to know pso uk's true release date
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Silas » Thu May 29, 2003 1:03 pm

i think SEGA and am2 are keeping this project(shenmue 3)very secret and they must have leaked some information to GAME that's the best theory i can think of'because i really don't think that GAME would tell a lie.
I keep reading a lot here about how SEGA are keeping all Shenmue III developments a "secret".

How can you tell the difference between Shenmue III being "a secret" and Shenmue III being "forgotten about"? Because that's what I think explains SEGA's silence on the matter.

And it's not about Game having told a lie. This isn't an article in a gaming magazine giving out a release date that isn't official. They just made a guess (with no real knowledge of the Shenmue world or recent events therein) that there might be a further sequel, since there already is one, and put a page that feeds into an automated system for recording an interest. It's not like they had a board meeting and said, "Let's wind up all the Shenmue fans in the world and pretend we know when it's coming out." It's more, "Hey, you, find out all the games with sequels, add one and make pre-order pages for them." "Yessir!" - and Shenmue just happened to be one.

About Phill54's pal who claims the release date came from the distributor - again, how can we judge this? If phill's telling the truth his contact might be lying - if the contact's telling the truth the distributor might be lying. Who knows, maybe a distributor talked to someone at AM2 and they might be lying. It's all just hearsay and supposition.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tomo » Thu May 29, 2003 2:14 pm

Silas wrote:
i think SEGA and am2 are keeping this project(shenmue 3)very secret and they must have leaked some information to GAME that's the best theory i can think of'because i really don't think that GAME would tell a lie.
I keep reading a lot here about how SEGA are keeping all Shenmue III developments a "secret".

How can you tell the difference between Shenmue III being "a secret" and Shenmue III being "forgotten about"? Because that's what I think explains SEGA's silence on the matter.

And it's not about Game having told a lie. This isn't an article in a gaming magazine giving out a release date that isn't official. They just made a guess (with no real knowledge of the Shenmue world or recent events therein) that there might be a further sequel, since there already is one, and put a page that feeds into an automated system for recording an interest. It's not like they had a board meeting and said, "Let's wind up all the Shenmue fans in the world and pretend we know when it's coming out." It's more, "Hey, you, find out all the games with sequels, add one and make pre-order pages for them." "Yessir!" - and Shenmue just happened to be one.

About Phill54's pal who claims the release date came from the distributor - again, how can we judge this? If phill's telling the truth his contact might be lying - if the contact's telling the truth the distributor might be lying. Who knows, maybe a distributor talked to someone at AM2 and they might be lying. It's all just hearsay and supposition.

like i said before GAME are a relliable company they wouldn't just put a game up for pre-order without knowing anything about it.
i highly doubt sega would forget about shenmue anyway i think it's more likely they just want to keep it secret.
well maybe phill is lying just to get our hopes up but it says on GAME's website that shenmue 3 is avaliable foe pre-order and that it's comming late this year and game are a reliable company with reliable staff(which makes me seriously doubt that the contact on the phone was lying).i also don't think that the distributor would lie and i don't know what makes you think that AM2 would lie.
Tomo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby LionheartUK » Thu May 29, 2003 3:21 pm

LISTEN GUYS I AM NOT LYING,LOOK I NO IT IS ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE LIE TO GET PEOPLES HOPES UP BUT I AINT LIKE THAT,THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD AND THIS IS WHAT I'LL STICK WITH UNTIL FURTHER INFO IS REVEALED.

I THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO SHARE THE NEWS WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE FANS OF THIS SERIES SO IF YOUR NOT GOING TO APRECIATE IT AND CALL ME A LIAR FIND YOUR OWN NEWS.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Thu May 29, 2003 6:57 pm

hey, maybe if you stop using caps(yelling), maybe we'll think of you more seriously but as of now all your telling us is what somone told you.
Many people have told me false information on xbox live. just the other day some guy tried to lie to me. he sad that Shenmue 3 was at E3 and that he went to E3. now, WTF is that....do you really believe that guy because of what he says? NO, because there's no proof........sorry phill, but your "info" as of now is just plain rumor......
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kâiñ » Thu May 29, 2003 7:12 pm

I think GAME are telling the truth just because we cant get info
on Shenmue 3 doesnt mean to say GAME cant.
There bound to have quite a few contacts in the game industry.
So i think u should try being a little more optimistic.

FREE YOUR MIND 8)
Kâiñ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BackinBlack » Thu May 29, 2003 7:21 pm

Well I've emailed game on the matter as well and am yet to get a reply, I've got:

Thank you for your e-mail which has been received by Game. We will deal with
your e-mail as a matter of priority and we will reply to you as soon as
possible.

Thank you for visiting www.game.uk.com

Regards,

System User

Customer Services
Game
0870 7502743

I'll let you guys know when I get my reply.
BackinBlack
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spitz » Thu May 29, 2003 10:19 pm

I don't think Sega's forgotten about it or doesn't care about it because if they did they would have cancled it with the rest of the games that got the axe.
Spitz
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Adam » Fri May 30, 2003 3:05 am

Don't listen to shop sales assistants when it comes to gaming news. End of Story.
Adam

Postby MD_UK » Fri May 30, 2003 5:04 am

Yeah i've e-mailed game's customer services, and they are yet to get back to me. I said that the game is yet to any concrete release date, and asked them to clarify the situation. I'll let you guys know what they say.

By the way, i bought my DC Shenmue II from them on the day of release so i too have a lot of faith in game/Electronics Boutique.
MD_UK

Postby Tomo » Fri May 30, 2003 5:45 am

phill54 wrote:LISTEN GUYS I AM NOT LYING,LOOK I NO IT IS ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE LIE TO GET PEOPLES HOPES UP BUT I AINT LIKE THAT,THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD AND THIS IS WHAT I'LL STICK WITH UNTIL FURTHER INFO IS REVEALED.

I THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO SHARE THE NEWS WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE FANS OF THIS SERIES SO IF YOUR NOT GOING TO APRECIATE IT AND CALL ME A LIAR FIND YOUR OWN NEWS.

i never said you were lying i just said that it's a possibility i mean i dont even know you. i believe you because your info is backed up by games website
Tomo

Postby LionheartUK » Fri May 30, 2003 11:19 am

i still don't no wether to believe it or not but thats what i was told i think next summer myself although i'm sticking with this release date.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tomo » Fri May 30, 2003 11:27 am

i just got a reply back from game and they said it's due for q4 2004. i then e-mailed them back saying that it said on their website that it was due in for q4 2003.
i'm still waiting for a reply.

shenme 3 is comming keep the faith.....
Tomo

Re: THE SHENMUE 3 THING AT GAME UK

Postby Paul » Fri May 30, 2003 11:45 am

LanDC wrote:It makes no sence though. If it were going to be released this year. WHY didnt they show it at e3?!

I've put some thought into this - The next GTA game is expected in 2004 and it is a fact that it is in development. did we see this at e3? no. does that mean it's not happening? no! I've suddenly got a huge surge of optimism. it won't last long but it's there. I'm mindlessly rambling now aren't I? I'll shut up now. in a bit.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Souljah » Fri May 30, 2003 12:05 pm

well, I want to believe it, and the fact that games stores have been given news of it arriving is better than not hearing anything at all.
The only thing that makes me suspicious is "Where is the coverage?!?!?!"
No1 else has even mentioned the game.....this is the only thing that puts doubt in my mind.

I am confident it will come out but I dont think the end of the year is very likely. You also have to remember that some of the games that GAME.com and Gameplay.com have release dates on dont always stick to them.....Raven Shield was forecast to come out last november but didnt surface until february.....

All I can say is "I Hope"
Souljah

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III