THE SHENMUE 3 THING AT GAME UK

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Silas » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:09 am

Virtua wrote:Looks like they have no idea about the release date, yet they seem very sure that it will be released. I'm very confused
Why? It's a perfectly simple form letter.
Unfortunately there is currently no confirmed release date for Shenmue 3. Please check our website for updates.
Is this a true statement or a false statement? It's a true statement. Does it imply that there will be a release date? No. Are they making any extraordinary claims of inside knowledge? No. They just say that there is currently no confirmed release date.

They are a games retailer. As a games retailer, they probably assume that every game will have a sequel at some point. They don't even know if it will be made, but if it is, then they'll be selling it and updating their website with details.

However, we'll know well before they do whether that is happening or not.

Here's a quick prediction: Sega and Yu Suzuki announce with regret that in the current games climate there really is no market for Shenmue III, which would cost too much to make and therefore, regretfully, they have to announce the game's cancellation. In that very sad (and I stress very unlikely) scenario, I bet that Game page remains unchanged, undeleted and unupdated for at least six months.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jiezeru » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:36 pm

I agree with Asnozz, the GAME Employes are just spotty Adolescents who have nothing better to do than say how "PS2 IS ALMIGHTY AND GREAT". wankers
Jiezeru
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Fox Mulder » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:48 pm

I'm just gonna believe that until something more concrete is announced. That's a good sign though, it shows that it's being talked about and discussed by company's :)
Fox Mulder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue III