Money Talks

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Money Talks

Postby reginalb » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:37 pm

:idea: A lot of people are resigned to the fact that there will never be a Shenmue 3. The petitions and e-mails have been ignored by SEGA. Over at IGN there was a proposal to add Shenmue 3 to your IGN wish list (which I have done), but that doesn't speak in the language of buisness. The reason that there is no Shenmue 3 on the way is sales figures for Shenmue 2. And you really can't blame SEGA, AM2, or Suzuki san for that.

So...is there no hope for a Shenmue 3? No! We simply need to cry out in a voice that will be heard, speak in the language of buisness. I know that I will get flamed, but guess what? There is only one way to get our voice through, spend. Start buying up copies of Shenmue 2. They are still out there, so let's buy them up. Do you think that SEGA wouldn't notice that there is demand for Shenmue 2 all of a sudden? That is the ONE thing that they would notice. A petition won't get through, and mail won't get read, because those things aren't worth money. I know that buying a second or third copy isn't what people want to hear, but the game is value priced now, so it isn't like you will be breaking the bank to pick up one more copy. Anyway, I am ordering my second XBox copy today, and I Am a broke college student. If enough fans do the same, there will be a Shenmue 3.

I am going to post this on every active Shenmue board that I can find. You are probably saying, "no one else will do it, so why should I?" Because that attitude will mean no more Shenmue. Ever. And I sure as hell don't want that to happen!
:idea:
reginalb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:42 pm

i have already bought my shenmue II copy, but dont buy them used, buy them new.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby reginalb » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:49 pm

yes, I suppose I should have added NOT to sell or buy used copies, at least of the XBox version that you can still buy new. Buying these means that there are more people playing, but less buying, hurting the sales figures. Thus LOWERING not raising the chances that there will be future games made.
reginalb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:20 pm

Well mi bought Shenmue 2 for the Xbox second hand, bit short of cash, but i never got thcover for the Movie. I'm gonna buy two more copies, one to play complete with proper disc covers and one that ill keep unwrapped.

I bought Shenmue 2 DC for full price though.

Youer idea is good because if Shenmue 2 sales pick up greatly SEGA etc will notioce this and will have more money to make Shenmue 3. However, i would only do this on the condition that buying extra copies was gonna pay for Shenmue 3 and nothing else..
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:02 pm

yea most european shenmue fans have already got TWO copies of Shenmue 2. Ive never owned two copies of a game in my life.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Ali » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:54 am

i have and i live in tx i dont wont my ferst one to brake
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rhayno G. » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:42 am

the texas public school system must have a great grammar program...
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiD » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:49 am

if... no, when, shenmue 3 comes out, all of us should buy 2 copies... one to play with, and another as a collector's edition... that way the sales will double right if all us fans do it... i know ill do it if all of you fans do it as well
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:51 am

Rhayno G. wrote:the texas public school system must have a great grammar program...

Jesus tell me about it
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Cyberman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:55 am

Rhayno G. wrote:the texas public school system must have a great grammar program...

True. Thanks to that idiot, Rick Perry. I fucking hate the guy. He is the reason why Texas rates 47th in education.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Contristo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:29 pm

even if every forum member on this forum bought a new copy and every forum member at the IGN Shenmue boards bought a copy, it would bring no significance.
Contristo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Money Talks

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:17 pm

reginalb wrote::idea: A lot of people are resigned to the fact that there will never be a Shenmue 3. The petitions and e-mails have been ignored by SEGA.

Since when has a big company ever paid attention to web petitions? :P
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:42 pm

47th... thats sounds bad... 47 out of how many???
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Cyberman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:48 pm

Purple Sail wrote:47th... thats sounds bad... 47 out of how many???

47 outta 50 states. Only 3 states have a worser education than Texas!!!!
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:58 pm

^ :lol:
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III