Shenmue Online - Your opinion

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What do you think about Shenmue Online (thus far)? (Total votes: 249)

Yes! This is what I've always wanted! 1000 Ryos! Fireballs!
7%
I like this idea, but I'd much more rather have Shenmue 3.
45%
Sounds interesting. May get it, depending.
13%
? WTF have they done? Ryo shooting fireballs? Online? PC?
35%

Postby outphasen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:04 pm

I'm pretty much happy with anything after waiting 5 years.
outphasen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby JoeMDesign » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:37 am

This poll is biased. lol

At least the majority (45% of all voters) have chosen the second one. I'd like to make a motion that the front page news post by Hellraiser be made a little less biased in view of the larger Shenmue community.

It makes us look like a website of whinging cry-babies, more than anything else!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sanzarc » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:43 pm

This Shenmue Online is a bit like The Matrix trilogy's 2nd and 3rd part. I really loved Matrix 1 like Shenmue 1 and 2. But everything has collapsed in the other episodes (I mean the Matrix's philosophy), and I think it is going to happen with Shenmue, too. I'm really sorry for that. Anyway, I'm going to play with SO... if there is no other choice.
Sanzarc
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Petrenko Myakhalo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:28 am

This Shenmue doesnt look like the Shenmue i fell in love with back in 98 (Shenmue Dreamcast) The screens make me feel like once great concepts have started to become bs ideas with "fireballs" and such. Shenmue doesnt need that crap. Shenmue has always been "real" for me when other adventure games become crap with stupid ideas etc.
Petrenko Myakhalo

Postby Oppy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:24 am

hey whats that song that plays during the bit where they r showin the character walking through the landscapes and stuff, its really catchy...
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Only 777 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:34 pm

Its good to see everyone still standing by the Shenmue even after all these years, some people here are defending their Shenmue beliefs with some pretty harsh words, but it just shows that we all love it so.

And if Shenmue Online only comes out properly in Asia then I'll get the fan translated one from Bit torrent and run it on Free Private servers like those naughty people who play Phantasy Star BB and said they wouldnt pay for it on the PC (ahem).

Im sure Shenmue Online will be good, but Sega's MMORPG track record is not too good really. Matrix Online? No thanks, that was piss poor, but they might know what they done wrong last time, and produce a game that shows FFXI and WoW how its really done.
Also I dont think anyone answered the guy that said you cant have cut scenes in a Online game. To that guy I say try playing one first before making such a bold statment, and I mean a proper one not some shat like Everquest on PS2.

Now to my last point, WHO SAID AT ANY POINT THAT THE NEXT-GEN SHENMUE WAS CANCLED? - No one as far as I'm aware, point me out if Im wrong here but....

End of last year we heard:

"Under conditions of strict anonymity, sources close to the development of Shenmue 3 revealed to Kikizo that the project has essentially
been close to finished and 'ready' for
some time - but in hibernation, pending a deal for the
entire series on at least one next-gen console. Kikizo's
source is authentic and reliable."
-http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp

Then Shenmue Online turned out to be true and not just a crazy hoax actually by Sega, Yu-san said no concrete plans about Shenmue III. Well even now all 3 next-gen are not out even in Japan yet, so who can blame him for not having concrete plans. Shenmue Dojo would say that too:

"Note: This does not invalidate the Kikizo article, nor
does it mean Shenmue III is cancelled.
Most likely, what Yu-san means by "no concrete plans
for the sequel" is merely what
Kikizo said, which was that no decision has been made
yet regarding the next-generation console
Shenmue will occupy."

-Posted on 08/11/2005 by ~LanDC~

So last Month we here from Shenmue Dojo:

"In another article from this site, Yu Suzuki makes a
statement about Shenmue III. Here is a rough translation:
"Regarding Shenmue 3, we're not carrying on
relative development yet, and I can't give you
any further information for the time being."
Roughly translated by Kiyuu"

-Posted on 14/07/2006 by ~Hellraiser~ [/size]

Well thats the same answer Yu Suzuki gave in November, so why now when we are still in the same console generation state as we were in November has every one decided that Shenmue III is not coming out?

Shenmue Online is as real now as it was in November nothing has changed apart from some video knocked up for some game show, which shows the fighting in Shenmue Online does look at bit too much like the fighting in Matrix Online to let me relax yet.

Shenmue III is coming, although probably not to Nintendo Wii
Last edited by Only 777 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only 777
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Only 777 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:37 pm

and are people still crying about the fireballs, well you wont like what they have up waiting in the wings.

Crazy monsters, people floating, pscyic powers, its all go baby!

Come on, I mean what did you think the mirrors done?
Only 777
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Dragon Light » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:54 am

picked 3 shoulda picked 2 now
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sHeMUE Gamer196 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:13 pm

They should't make a shumue online it would take the whole point of the single player verison it looks dumb the online version they are trying to make it like a dragonballz game with the fireballs coming out of them it looks dumb.They should just leave it the way it is it better that way.
sHeMUE Gamer196
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Joe Pesci » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:24 pm

EDIT: I read this post and it was way too harsh n00b, sorry if you were wtiness to that. But really, learn how to spell your most beloved game if you are expected to be taken seriously. shemuE??? If you're a troll, you probably get a hell of a kick out of it, when in reality it is completely unfunny. If you're just a simple minded n00b, I guess I can't blame you...
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Clint » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:00 am

Who the hell chose Number 1?

Number 4 is the only option for me.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Joe Pesci » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:11 pm

Clinty poo, you should know who chose the 1st option by now.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yutaka Suzuki » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:15 am

Clint wrote:Who the hell chose Number 1?

Number 4 is the only option for me.

hehehe

i am one of them but :

note : in the option one it said 1000 ryo,s and this is not true <<<< fixe it ! also there,s only one group who use the Magic things , Shunhua Group
excuse me , but the one who wright the option 1 does not know anything about the game

for me , i am allways playing MMO RPG as much as Shenmue was , right now i am playing WOW .

the people who played MMO Games and played Shenmue games and understand the whole idea about Shenmue Online very well , is the only People who know very well how this game is absolutely great ! the Shenmue world is very very suitable for MMO Games and if they using a good story line for the playable character that wuld be GREAT ! and attached it to the main story line ,,,,,,, OH MAN this is so good

every thing in MMO RPG game will be Huge , the world , the quests , the characters , the jobs , the mini games , the interactive things , etc

i can,t wait to play it :cry:
Yutaka Suzuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sHeMUE Gamer196 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:08 pm

Joe Pesci wrote:Clinty poo, you should know who chose the 1st option by now.
ok you tell me I can't spell but yet you can't spell clint name is clint not clinty.ps think before you type :arrow: :idea: #-o :-k :iagree:
sHeMUE Gamer196
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby combat_rock » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:43 am

*bump* (is it really a bump if the topic is stickied?)

Anyway, this game can actually work if the storyline and multiplayer elements are kept far, far away from each other. An online game where updates can be provided at low cost seems like a pretty viable option for continuing a story as epic as Shenmue's. But the storyline segments really need to be solo, every player MUST be in Ryo's shoes, or it isn't Shenmue anymore (remember the Raiden shitstorm in MGS2?).

As for all the magic stuff, it's pretty obvious it was coming all along with the mirrors and particularly the ending of Shenmue II, but I was kind of hoping it would be kept in the background untill the very end of the story. Still, I'll trust Yu Suzuki's judgement in regards to his story.
combat_rock

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III