What the hell..?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:54 pm

Jeff wrote:Its the time length that is the issue, a few years ago the fan base was there to make a profit, now many people moved on. I know many people on the internet and off that they moved on. Just look at the HBO hit the Sapranos. They were gone for a year and when they came back the ratings were much lower.

Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo-Threeie are long past due and LOADS of people (including myself) are still waiting for them.

Also, Omikron Exodus was suppost to come out 4 years ago, and it hasn't happened yet. Alot of people (by over a million actually last I saw 2 years ago) still wanna play the game though and we're certainly gonna wait through their next game (Fahrenheit) before getting another chapter in the Omikron series. It probably won't come out until 2006-2007, but I (and many others) can wait.

The trick is to play other games while waiting for news on the next installment of Shenmue. I bet alot of people didn't do that (were probably still sitting in the corner staring at a Shenmue poster waiting for the release) and got sick of it, then they moved on.

Besides, after all these years after its release, there are STILL loads of letters coming in about Shenmue III. Alot of people still care up to this point; it's amazing to say the least.

Besides, SEGA and Yu need to think of a different strategy in order to sell Shenmue III better than the previous installments.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ali » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:45 pm

Perfect Dark Zero.....I don't think thats to overdue.
Ali
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:05 pm

God Kasp3r, I dunno what's more annoying, you, your constant posts saying Shenmue III will not be made, or your pointless topics about Shenmue III. :roll:
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:41 pm

Well you see, Banjoo 3 is a platform game and there really is no storyline. Perfect Dark Zero doesnt have the storyline and depth of Shenmue III. With Shenmue it depends on its story and if the story fades in the minds of people so does the profits.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:20 pm

Jeff wrote:Well you see, Banjoo 3 is a platform game and there really is no storyline. Perfect Dark Zero doesnt have the storyline and depth of Shenmue III. With Shenmue it depends on its story and if the story fades in the minds of people so does the profits.

....dude, that's not the point.

If it boils down to that, then I also have the Omikron Exodus comment there too to help accommodate that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby PILMAN » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:33 am

I haven't posted forever. Theres too many games based on multiplayer now, I love a strong single player game with a good story and a lot to do and a lot of interaction. That's why I liked shenmue, so much to do. I like half-life 2 for it's storyline but most people wanted it for the multiplayer. I really hope one day shenmue III is made, these forums made me crave the game much more and I had to take a break from the Shenmue community because it was driving me nuts (not in a bad way). Even a shenmue 1 remake on xbox would be really nice.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ToL » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:29 pm

Mo Fly Then U wrote:I never thought of it that way, now that I do I whole-heartedly agree.

Same here
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:00 pm

I dont expect to see hear anything on shenmue 3 just yet :( think it might be a launch title for Xbox 2.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Ryo_Hazuki-San » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:27 pm

If it launches for Xbox 2 it will have to be comlpetely re-made visually. Xbox and PS2 have higher capabilities than the game screens we saw, what will they be capable of in PS3 or Xbox 2? Shenmue III with Shenmue II(Xbox) graphics just get by on normal Xbox. They won't slide for those newbies on Xbox 2. They'd have to completely re-do the entire game for it to fly with the new players. With us it would be fine, but not for newcomers. We'd have to get "Shenmue Online Cinimatic" graphics for Shenmue III if we hope for ANY success. And I think that would ruin it giving it those graphics, personally..I dunno.
Ryo_Hazuki-San
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Previous

Return to Shenmue III