What the hell..?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What the hell..?

Postby Ryo_Hazuki-San » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:01 pm

The whole deal with shenmue possibly not coming out (god I hope it does come out!!) was that Yu Suzuki and his crew were having budget problems, correct? Because the first two took so long and so much money to produce. And now he's making a Shenmue Online game and a Virtua Fighters RPG?! WTF?! Just do Shenmue III first! Finish what you started before doing lame spin-offs! Anyone else feel this way?
Ryo_Hazuki-San
Asia Travel Representative

Postby S00da N?M » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:07 pm

I never thought of it that way, now that I do I whole-heartedly agree.
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:20 pm

Online IS hella expensive to make like the other Shenmues, but they sense of of a chance of success since this is an MMORPG for the Asian market (MMORPGs are really popular there).

I would like Shenmue III too, but they didn't see the last two RPG/Adventure games as profitable and they're seeing this new Online game as potentially profitable.

Maybe its even to prove to SEGA the Shenmue series as a whole can be very profitable if Shenmue Online proves successful, and they will grant them another RPG/Adventure based game.

Who knows?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Kujo » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Yu Suzuki isn't funding Shenmue Online.
Kujo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ryo_Hazuki-San » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:16 pm

Kensuke NOL wrote:Online IS hella expensive to make like the other Shenmues, but they sense of of a chance of success since this is an MMORPG for the Asian market (MMORPGs are really popular there).

I would like Shenmue III too, but they didn't see the last two RPG/Adventure games as profitable and they're seeing this new Online game as potentially profitable.

Maybe its even to prove to SEGA the Shenmue series as a whole can be very profitable if Shenmue Online proves successful, and they will grant them another RPG/Adventure based game.

Who knows?

I really think it's a shame that the first two weren't very successful, even with the great reviews. People are just too damn retarded to apreciate Suzuki's art. It's amazing.
Ryo_Hazuki-San

Postby Hombaca_05 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:31 pm

The Virtua Quest game does look lame...just give us S3, already!
Hombaca_05
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:34 pm

yes, i'm sure all the companys helping Yu are glad to help him out but don't want to help him make Shenmue 3 because they feel it is less profitable.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:02 pm

They need a REAL gimmick this time if they plan to make Shenmue III a groundbreaking success.

And improved voiceacting too...I will never get over that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby KiD » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:41 pm

JCE is fundig most of Shenmue Online... not SEGA or YU... but they will a hefty amount of profit because it's SEGA and Yu's property.
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:41 pm

Lets face it, these arent the glory days of Sega. The will have to be financially secure to do anything major and I dont think sadly that Shenmue III has much of a chance.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Gutcruncher » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:04 am

would you rather him sit with his thumbs up his ass whining about how he doesnt have enough money to make shenmue 3? when he makes games that sell, he gets money which he uses to make more game (and buy hookers). Virtua fighter makes money. at least he is trying something new with the franchise instead of just making another standard virtua fighter.

of course, a virtua fighter 5 would be hardcore awesome orgazmic, but its nice for something different sometimes
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kasp3r » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:16 am

ive been saying this for ages. S3 will not be made because they dont see a profit from it. ask yourself this question:

would YOU keep spending your money on a game that isnt selling?
would you fund a game that means you prob wont make HALF your money back?

the answer is NO. i wouldnt care if all the fans were screaming that they wanted it, i would not spend another penny.

Shenmue online is a chance to make money! im 100% sure, SO will be a success and its gonna make the cheese to fund S3.

you guys should show more support for Shenmue Online because to be honest, it looks like it is the only lifeline left for Shenmue.

if SO = Failure, goodbye Shenmue series.
Kasp3r

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:54 pm

I doubt that it will never be made. That's too drastic.

If fans really want to see the series contiunue, it will continue and eventually finish. Whether SEGA or Yu Suzuki will be around when it eventually finishes, I don't know.

I have doubts it will come out this or next E3, but never? Nah.

Things only die if people stopped caring about them. From what I gather, Shenmue (as one of the biggest gaming cult hits) has alot of love going around. And it continues to go around, actually, as long as we the fans contunue to promote it to other gamers and buy Shenmue related software and/or other products.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:41 pm

Its the time length that is the issue, a few years ago the fan base was there to make a profit, now many people moved on. I know many people on the internet and off that they moved on. Just look at the HBO hit the Sapranos. They were gone for a year and when they came back the ratings were much lower.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:38 pm

i mean this could go either way...Shenmue Online can be a big success or it could be a downfall.they way i see it,if shenmue online isnt a good seller.then we might just see Ryo and Shenhua in that cave foreve
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Shenmue III