Look I know everbody seen this before

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Look I know everbody seen this before

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:11 pm

Q: The European DC version of Shenmue II was the most imported game in the U.S. ever, so much so that it must have eaten into some of the sales of the Xbox version. How did you feel about that?
A: We are happy that so many people felt so strongly about the game that they wanted to import it. It was proof that the fanbase for the game is very strong and helped us in the decision to make more Shenmue games.

SO YU & COMPANY OBIVOUSLY BELIEVES THERE IS A FANBASE AND ALSO "THE MOST IMPORTED U.S. GAME EVER". TO GET THOSE SALES ON THE DREAMCAST CONSOLE (COMPARING TO ANY OTHER U.S. IMPORTED GAMES OF A MORE POPULAR SERIS, SAY ,FINAL FANTASY)MUST HAVE MENT THAT NEARLY EVERYBODY WHO OWNED A DREAMCAST MUST HAVE HAD THIS GAME. NOW THATS COOL.

This quote makes me think the game is either in development or the top brass are wasting their money on the sonic happy meal promotion instead of shenmue.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:21 pm

That interview is over two years old, you can read the rest of it with the link below.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:25 pm

make more Shenmue games = Shenmue Online
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Well, two years old ain't that bad I guess.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:35 pm

Hellraiser wrote:That interview is over two years old

Whats your point, Hellraiser? It means that although they may havent started development yet, at least they've had time to plan it out.

And still my point that it still sold well in America on import. Oh and everyone, that is why i think Shenmue Online will be released in western teriotries.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:40 pm

jack_sonic wrote:

Whats your point, Hellraiser? It means that although they may havent started development yet, at least they've had time to plan it out.

And still my point that it still sold well in America on import. Oh and everyone, that is why i think Shenmue Online will be released in western teriotries.

That all depends whether or not it does good in Korea. Which it should... aparently.. so yes. I too think Shenmue Online could come out in the States and Europe. I dont want it to, but im sure if it sells well enough it will.
Ive always thought of Shenmue Online as a fund raiser for Shenmue 3... and thats pretty much all it is.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:44 pm

Well, we'll wait and see about that.

I would personally buy it if it does come out over here and be able to chat and play with other Shenmue fans all over the world.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:45 pm

Well look at the Matrix series. They've done the same, and we shall if that ois succesful.

But I dont understand. The empahsis willl still on exploring and kung-fu fighting in Shenmue Online, just with live people controlling NPC's. So I dont get how they think this will sell better to raise funds.

AND I HOPE TO GOD that when YU talked about a Shenmue movie he was still refering to Shenmue: The movie DVD on Xbox that came with Shenmue 1, cause a shenmue 3 movie wuld be a shit way to end the sries.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:51 pm

jack_sonic wrote:So I dont get how they think this will sell better to raise funds.

Koreans LOVE MMORPG's.. most Koreans dont even own consoles. The console buisness is nothing compared to PC over there. Internet connections over there are way faster. They beat World of War Craft in like 2 weeks after it came out. No other country is as hardcore about PC gaming as them.
Its just a whole different ball park.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:13 pm

Axm wrote:
jack_sonic wrote:So I dont get how they think this will sell better to raise funds.

Koreans LOVE MMORPG's.. most Koreans dont even own consoles. The console buisness is nothing compared to PC over there. Internet connections over there are way faster. They beat World of War Craft in like 2 weeks after it came out. No other country is as hardcore about PC gaming as them.
Its just a whole different ball park.

.....in the same way we love Console Shenmue. And there are more of us to buy shenmue 3 than there are Keorns to buy Shenmue Online.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Chiyouman1325 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:30 pm

Damn online games
Damn noobs
Chiyouman1325
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:49 pm

Ah, but do not forget, young one, you yourself were once a n00b. With the extra big 00's
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:11 pm

Does anybody knows how many European Shenmue 2 were imported to the US? (Unit Sales)
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Supa » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:01 pm

jack_sonic wrote:And there are more of us to buy shenmue 3 than there are Keorns to buy Shenmue Online.

There are alot of Koreans
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby VGAce » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:14 pm

jack_sonic wrote:

His point is that a lot can change in two years. More popular games have come along, and people's opinions change. You can't base a speculation on comments made over two years ago, at least not in this industry.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III