So who is going to import Shenmue Online?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby djeyewater » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:38 am

Last edited by djeyewater on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djeyewater
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Atticus » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:02 pm

djeyewater wrote:
Atticus wrote:As I guess It be kind hard to play paying with diffent money (Do they even let you do that?)

They'd just take the money off your credit card in their native currency, then your credit card company charges you like an extra 10% to convert the money from whatever currency you use.

10% Extra :shock: Son of a forbinden word.
But guess thats better then not get play at all if it doents have offline mode.
Atticus
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby djeyewater » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:36 am

Last edited by djeyewater on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djeyewater
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Fatal Rose » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:01 pm

So has this game been officially haulted?
Fatal Rose
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:09 am

Fatal Rose wrote:So has this game been officially haulted?

No, it's revived as you see here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo ... hp?t=27414

And, Yu Suzuki revealed the details recently.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo ... hp?t=27442
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Visual Memory » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:54 am

I'll go for the Chinese version and of course an English version if it should ever come out. I think the character information will be stored completely on Sega's own servers just like Phantasy Star Universe but I think they will still distribute the game on DVD.
Visual Memory
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:37 pm

Being the obsessive fan I am, I might import it (even if I wouldn't be able to play it :P)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby b_ren » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:27 pm

joemdesign wrote:I'd probably get it for collecting purposes, but I'd also have a bash at playing it and see what it's like for myself.

Same here.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Tobo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:35 pm

I'd say I'll get the game, but not an imported copy. Do imported games play on PC, btw, or is there a similar protection to consoles? I know there's a way to set the DVD drive to paly DVDs from abroad, so would this work with games?
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:41 pm

i am a shenmue fanatic,my favourite game,i would buy any copy in any language,and i would pay over £100 just for 10 minutes of gameplay.I will import it,and try hard to play it.I even payed £65 for ryuga gotoku and i will buy yakuza just because it was like shenmue.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby S00da N?M » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:33 am

Chi-You-Man wrote:i am a shenmue fanatic,my favourite game,i would buy any copy in any language,and i would pay over £100 just for 10 minutes of gameplay.I will import it,and try hard to play it.I even payed £65 for ryuga gotoku and i will buy yakuza just because it was like shenmue.

I think I agree with this guy.
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby WolfsLoveRage » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:38 pm

I honestly see no reason why this game will not make it to America. There is a rather large fan base for the Shenmue series in the States. Certainly not as big as other games but none the less it would be a mistake not to have it here.

Even if the market is geared toward the Asian market... look at all the Korean made MMORPGs... some of those have even made it to the States. They may not be big sellers, but they are not Shenmue either.

All Shenmue needs to do is take what made it great which is a living breathing world all on it's own and just put in code to have 100s or 1,000s of players and they will have Shenmue Online flawlessly. Then the story just gets repeated for each person for each quest... infact different sotries depending on which side you are one.

And having the option to plug a usb controller into the PC to play it like a Shenmue game should be played with the key board as a ways to communicate and maybe have extra buttons for player stats etc will make the game great.

However... if the game does not come to America and is at least an option for English translation I will buy it imported. If no English... there is nothing I can do but weep and shake my fist at SEGA.
WolfsLoveRage
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby reginalb » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:14 pm

djeyewater wrote:10% commission is just a guess but I know that most credit card companies/banks rip you off if you pay for something in a foreign currency.

actually, credit cards don't usually charge for that. The way to get the best exchange rate is to use a credit card when you are out of the country, precisely because they don't charge you for the exchange.
reginalb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Clint » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:25 pm

I'd rather import Virtual Sex 2 from Russia than import Shenmue Online.

Boycott it.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Gregoroth » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:44 am

If it doesn't make it in Europe, then I'm not going to waste my money. There's no point trying to play it if you can't understand what's going on. I'd wait in anticipation for Shenmue III, being the optimist that I am.

And to the guy saying he'd spend over £100 on importing a copy - :staydead: Think about what you're saying. Imo, spending £100 on a game is the most ridiculous thing ever, even if you are a 'fanatic'. I'd fucking save that money!! £30+ is a turn off for me period.
Gregoroth

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III