BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby alimn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:07 pm

^lol!, I was talking about a fan-made one.
BTW welcome back to Dojo.

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:57 pm

Going to upload my third video for the campaign. ;)
Do you really have to upload a picture of yourself?
(Just joking)
Hazuki-SAN
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby alimn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:04 pm

Great^waitting for your third video & then I'll give a 5/5 to all of them.
All fan-made Shenmue jobs deserve this.

BTW Uploading a picture from yourself is a must!(lol!)

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 pm

alimn wrote:But adding a video to a group from your favorite You Tube list
...is something else & there is no any problem with it.

for example when you go to you tube
and you'll type Shenmue in the search box
you'll find a lot of videos...
and you can add one of them to this group.Just this :D

...I hope you understand what I am trying to say, :) ;)

Kind Regards-Alimn

Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean. I'm saying adding any videos that you've found
on YouTube is not good, whether you know the name of the creator and you've kept
them as your favorite or not.

Listen, if you "search" YouTube for Shenmue videos, you'll find some of my glitch videos
added by someone, not by myself. But usually, people can't tell who the real creator is.
And, I don't want anyone to add those videos to the videoGaiden group. I believe only
the real creators of the videos should add them. It's their job, not someone else's.

So, don't encourage people to "search" YouTube for Shenmue videos and add any of
them to the group, unless they're the real creator of those videos, please!
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sir JC Denton » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:01 pm

biglime wrote:Guys, this is the big one. We need as many people as possible to do this. If you have family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, try to get them involved in this. It's vitally important that Sega sees that there is not only the old audience but a new audience out there ready and waiting, money in hand, for the launch of Shenmue III.

We want everyone to upload a photo with their real name and location and the photo should be a simple head shot with a plaster under the eye and the money for the game in your hand. Let's push this in a big way.

Thanks for all the help, please visit http://iseethree.thefraudcast.com

So I guess a plaster is a band-aid? Plaster is usually something we use to make pots and shit here in the states.
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alimn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Kiyuu wrote:Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean. I'm saying adding any videos that you've found
on YouTube is not good, whether you know the name of the creator and you've kept

^You're absolutely right about what you're saying :)
& I'm not encouraging anyone to do something like that! :shock:

But I am saying something else, It seems you've not opened a
You Tube account before? :?

Ok, here are 2 examples 8) :

Someone goes to You Tube and he will search "Shenmue glitches",
then he'll find your glitch videos that has been uploaded
by some one else without your permission and
he will add them to his favorite list and then he'll add them
to a group like "Shenmueglitch" group(from his favorite list in his You Tube account).

Ok,this is too bad and I don't like to see this.

But here is another example :idea:

Someone goes to You Tube and he will find a glitch video that has been uploaded by "yourself" ,
He can easily add it to his favorite You Tube list and
then he'll be able to add that video to a group for example
a Shenmueglitch group.(not a Shenmue III appeal group)

Is this bad :?:

In this way those people who are looking to see
some Shenmue glitches on You Tube can become a member
in that glitch group and then they can find more glitch videos without doing any (hard) search.

Hope this time you understand what my broken english is saying :(

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby b_ren » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:24 pm

biglime wrote:Guys, this is the big one. We need as many people as possible to do this. If you have family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, try to get them involved in this. It's vitally important that Sega sees that there is not only the old audience but a new audience out there ready and waiting, money in hand, for the launch of Shenmue III.

We want everyone to upload a photo with their real name and location and the photo should be a simple head shot with a plaster under the eye and the money for the game in your hand. Let's push this in a big way.

Thanks for all the help, please visit http://iseethree.thefraudcast.com

OK that's me and my brother so far. I'll try and get some others to do it soon.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lutz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:09 pm

Listen to my accordeon version of "Shenhua"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuZnDJpDGo

I Used one of your logos Alimn, hope you don't mind.

I might do a real music video for it later.

Helleraiser, you still want me to mail you the musicfile?
Lutz
Asia Travel Representative

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 pm

alimn wrote:Great^waitting for your third video & then I'll give a 5/5 to all of them.
All fan-made Shenmue jobs deserve this.

BTW Uploading a picture from yourself is a must!(lol!)

Regards-Alimn

Thanks alimn. I must help more, I don't care if I make 100 Shenmue fan made videos. I need Shenmue 3!

BTW Lutz lovin that tune. Keep up the good work!

Hazuki-SAN
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Rom » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Lutz wrote:Listen to my accordeon version of "Shenhua"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuZnDJpDGo

I just listened to your song, it's awesome ! I love the accordeon.
Rom
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby combat_rock » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:09 pm

I just sent the following e-mail to Consolevania. I think another way to show our support would be to come up with ideas that actually improve the series for new fans, so that's a lot of what's in my message:

"Hey guys, this is Bill in America. I'm a huge fan of the Shenmue series and would LOVE to see it continue on any system, console, PC, or handheld even. The trouble, as many (including Rab) have pointed out on the Shenmue Dojo forums is that Sega already knows that guys like me would be waiting at the door of the local gameshop the morning Shenmue III is released. We need new fans, and I'll do my part by promoting the campaign on all the sites I visit. A lot can be done by Sega as well though to build up hype for an eventual release. Since I read that all these e-mails will also be sent to Sega I've decided to give out some suggestions:

First, promote the hell out of it. Try and get it previewed in all the magazine and websites. Display it promeinently at gaming conventions like E3. And when you do so, you'll need to let new fans know why they'll want to play Shenmue III. Include something like the DVD movie you had in the American X-box release of Shenmue II so that new fans will know the story up to that point. Make improvements on the battle system. For a "non-fighting" game Shenmue had some of the best fighting action avaliable, thanks to it's use of the Virtua Fighter system. Well, VF has evolved, and so should Shenmue. Also, if possible, incorporate some sort of fighting arena into the world so that players can get a fix of fisticuffs in between the infrequent story driven battles against reall opponents as opposed to training by oneself.

Another problem that caused some players to be turned off of the games was the fact that you had to do jobs (forklift driving in part one, crate lifting in part two) that started out as fun mini-games but wore thin. "Fight Night Round 3" allows you to skip training and get only half of the potential benefit. Shenmue III could allow you to skip a shift of work and only take half the potential pay.

Also, for the benefit of those that felt the first games were "too slow" perhaps something should be done to speed up exploration. Yes, I know that finding the clues yourself really lent to the "detective" feel of the first two games, but I don't think it would be so bad to perhaps give Ryo the little "lightbulb over the head" if he gets near something he should investigate or a person he should talk to.

Finally, the last problem I've heard from non-fans that can be fixed is the voice acting. If it's not possible to hire better voice actors, then at least allow us the choice to play with the original Japanese voice acting! Many fans of forgien films and particularly Japanese anime prefer this setup and it's not such a big deal to give people a choice is it?

Again, I'm going to do whatever I can to see this thing through. If this is the last big push I want Sega to at least notice it. We need a satisfying conclusion to the Shenmue saga!"
combat_rock

Postby Ziming » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
alimn wrote:But adding a video to a group from your favorite You Tube list
...is something else & there is no any problem with it.

for example when you go to you tube
and you'll type Shenmue in the search box
you'll find a lot of videos...
and you can add one of them to this group.Just this :D

...I hope you understand what I am trying to say, :) ;)

Kind Regards-Alimn

Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean. I'm saying adding any videos that you've found

Listen, if you "search" YouTube for Shenmue videos, you'll find some of my glitch videos
added by someone, not by myself. But usually, people can't tell who the real creator is.
And, I don't want anyone to add those videos to the videoGaiden group. I believe only
the real creators of the videos should add them. It's their job, not someone else's.

So, don't encourage people to "search" YouTube for Shenmue videos and add any of
them to the group, unless they're the real creator of those videos, please!

I've seen quite a few videos from Shenmue Dojo at Youtube and I've asked many of them to credit the site. Most of them do what I asked, you could do the same or request it be taken down.

Lutz wrote:Listen to my accordeon version of "Shenhua"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuZnDJpDGo

Yeah I can add it to the music section and credit you.
Last edited by Ziming on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Lutz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Ok Hellraiser I sent it
Lutz

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:49 pm

Good to see good talent being recognised, that song you made Lutz, is awesome. Truly a tribute to Shenmue if there ever was one.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Ziming » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Lutz wrote:Ok Hellraiser I sent it

Wow! That was amazing! 8) I encoded it to an mp3 and uploaded it to Fileplanet. Enjoy!

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx ... henhua.mp3
Ziming
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III