shenmue.com down..

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ys » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:26 am

Phoenix87 wrote:now my thought about this is that since the game is still produced by Suzuki-san and he is renowned for his graphical accomplishes in his videogames I think maybe that's one of the reasons SO haven't been exposed to the public here inte the west.. because of our standards when it comes to graphics in videogames...

Yeah, he is kind of known for his graphical accomplishments. Actually, he was quite upset with how the game looked when JCE was developing it. He said that it wasn't Shenmue standard at all.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Phoenix87 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:21 pm

Honestly deep down, "you know why that sites gone down"

Ehm... nope... wasn't me.. *quiet evil laugh* :twisted: (Now day 3)

Yeah, he is kind of known for his graphical accomplishments. Actually, he was quite upset with how the game looked when JCE was developing it. He said that it wasn't Shenmue standard at all.

Right on. Shenmue is his baby so to speak. I'm sure he puts lot of thought and emotion in his pride and joy, namely Shenmue.

But for all we know he could be doing the next Super Hang On game as we speak totally neglecting his epic masterpiece.... *sigh*

I just wish we could get some form of news from him that is in a positive direction.. His latest interview by kikizo sucked so bad, he was all like;

Well I'm doing SOOO much,... and well I can't really tell you about any of it... and don't get your hopes up... but well... I have ALOOT of things goin' on... Real serious shit with lasers and stuff...

:roll:
Phoenix87
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:07 am

NEWS! Now, it's back! http://www.shenmue.com/ :D

Still, it's on Sakuragaoka/Emel's server, though... :?
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FRASIER » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:45 am

Kiyuu, any reasons to why it could have gone down in the first place, are they getting ready for an update? Thats what usually happens on 360, downtime, nothing done then update couple of days later! you sound as though you know what you're doing!
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Kiyuu wrote:NEWS! Now, it's back! http://www.shenmue.com/ :D

Still, it's on Sakuragaoka/Emel's server, though... :?

Sakuragaoka? That the member on these boards?

Who is actually running the Shenmue website then? Has this guy bought the domain? If so, can't SEGA even access the website?
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:09 pm

FRASIER wrote:Kiyuu, any reasons to why it could have gone down in the first place, are they getting ready for an update? Thats what usually happens on 360, downtime, nothing done then update couple of days later! you sound as though you know what you're doing!

They haven't updated the site since March 2004, except adding the link to SO in Aug. 2004.
Actually, SEGA don't manage the site properly anymore, it's not even on their DNS server.
They let the ownership of the domain be expired 15 months ago, and one of our members
obtained it. Though it was returned to them, they haven't done what they should do till now.

Anyway, I'm afraid they wouldn't update the site in the near future, unless they're ready to
surprise us with some significant announcement by any chance.

Clint wrote:Sakuragaoka? That the member on these boards?

Who is actually running the Shenmue website then? Has this guy bought the domain? If so, can't SEGA even access the website?

Yes. Sakuragaoka says he's already returned the domain to them and it's SEGA who is
responsible for switching the DNS servers.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby alimn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:08 pm

Another Shenmue.com down topic, lol!.
Unfortunately I wasn't on the net for a few days
so I missed this one...

-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ac2u » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:48 pm

As Kiyuu said, it's still on Sakuragaoka's server.

The reason for the downtime has nothing to do with SEGA because (sorry for the caps)...

SEGA HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT YOU SEE AT SHENMUE.COM.

It is being hosted by forum member Sakuragaoka. Doesn't anyone remember the whole passport fiasco?
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby cornchipz » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 am

This topic needs moar pages!
cornchipz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Cornchipz
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III