Facts...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Facts...

Postby nl4m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:43 pm

It's a fact that Iwao knew that Lan Di was coming.

It's a fact that Lan Di is in the cave with Shanhua and Ryo.

It's a fact that Shenmue 2X was going to be made for the Xbox. In which you would get to play more of Shenmue. In this game you would have to fight Chai in the boat. That's why the woman tells you "Thanks for helping my little girl back where when she was scared."

It's a fact that Lan Di HATES Zhu, Chai said so. Lan Di thinks that Zhu has the Phoenix mirror and may have helped Iwao kill Lan Di's father.

It's a fact that the "Mysterious Scroll" is VERY important. I don't know about the Dreamcast version of the game. But in Xbox it's in the menu. My guess is the move in the Scroll will be used at the end of Shenmue 3 to defend Lan Di.

It's a fact that Chapter 1 and 2 of the Shenmue story were put in the first game. Chapters 3 to 5 were put in the second game. All together the story has 15/16 chapters. My guess is that Shenmue 3 wouldn't be the end of things. What are the chances that the writer to put chapters 6 to 16 in one game ?

If you want me to prove my facts, just ask.
nl4m
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Facts...

Postby fuku_san » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:50 pm

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Lan Di is in the cave with Shanhua and Ryo.

I want you to prove this my friend.
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

Postby Clint » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 pm

You can't prove any of those points. That's why you're asking the community a load of questions in the Shenmue I forum.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby ac2u » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Thought that name (nl4m) sounded familiar... that's right! He had the excloooosive Shamoo III video.

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... ht=#695699

Also,

nl4m wrote:that's it.. I'm leaving and I'm never coming back!

-June 2006
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby nl4m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 pm

I'll prove it ALL.

*It's a fact that Iwao knew that Lan Di was coming.*

Just as soon as you get control of Ryo. After Lan Di kills Iwao, go to Iwao's room and read the letter on his desk. Ryo says "Father knew Lan Di was coming."

*It's a fact that Lan Di is in the cave with Shanhua and Ryo.*

It was in the beta/Saturn version. I think you can even see it on Youtube. Lan Di beats up Shanhua and Ryo. I'll post a link.

*It's a fact that Shenmue 2X was going to be made for the Xbox. In which you would get to play more of Shenmue. In this game you would have to fight Chai in the boat. That's why the woman tells you "Thanks for helping my little girl back where when she was scared."*

This is a fact. They were planning to release some added stuff on the Xbox, since they had more memory to work with. Xbox being bigger than Dreamcast.

*It's a fact that Lan Di HATES Zhu, Chai said so. Lan Di thinks that Zhu has the Phoenix mirror and may have helped Iwao kill Lan Di's father.*

Chai says this just as he leaves the factory. Right after he trys to steal the mirror. He says "Lan Di HATES Zhu-sama..."

*It's a fact that the "Mysterious Scroll" is VERY important. I don't know about the Dreamcast version of the game. But in Xbox it's in the menu. My guess is the move in the Scroll will be used at the end of Shenmue 3 to defend Lan Di.*

It IS in the Xbox version of the gmae, want a picture ?

*It's a fact that Chapter 1 and 2 of the Shenmue story were put in the first game. Chapters 3 to 5 were put in the second game. All together the story has 15/16 chapters. My guess is that Shenmue 3 wouldn't be the end of things. What are the chances that the writer to put chapters 6 to 16 in one game ?*

I have a picture from a Sega meeting with the chapters lists. They show the chapters that were put in what game.

To Clint: I just asked what would happen if the mirror's meet. It has nothing to do with any of these facts.
nl4m

Postby nl4m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:02 pm

It should prove most of my facts. Read EVERYTHING. The guy says some nice facts.

http://shenmuelegend.users.btopenworld.com/fkool.txt
nl4m

Postby fuku_san » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 pm

nl4m wrote:*It's a fact that Lan Di is in the cave with Shanhua and Ryo.*

It was in the beta/Saturn version. I think you can even see it on Youtube. Lan Di beats up Shanhua and Ryo. I'll post a link.

You mean the project berkley video?
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby nl4m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm

^ Yes. The Berkley video. I own the Xbox version of the game. So I never got to see it (I got to see only one video). But the guy on the web site did, he saw them all. I'm guessing that there were many more video that I didn't see, of the Berkley project.
nl4m

Postby nl4m » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am

This is my GUESS. It's a complete guess. I think that Shenmue 3/4 was made for the Saturn. When Sega stopped making Saturn, (right before the Dreamcast was released) the production of Shenmue turned from Saturn to Dreamcast. My bet is there still are A LOT of videos of the Berkley project that may show the events that will happen in Shenmue 3/4.

Judging by the pictures of Sun (As I was informed in the Shenmue 1 part of the chat). It seems that Shenmue 3 was underway. My guess is that when they were planning to release Shenmue 2 for the Xbox they were going to add some more features, even continue the story. That way even the people that played Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast would be forced to play it on the Xbox. This can be easily explained when you get off the ship and the woman tells you "Thanks for helping my little girlwhen she was scared." Proof that something should have happened on the ship. But before the game was to be released on the Xbox Sega released A LOT of PROMOTIONS. But Sega later changed their mind, didn't want to invest more money into remaking Shenmue 2, so they left the game as it was (on the Xbox).

We see A LOT of ported games that get new stuff added in them to sell more on other consoles. For example Silent Hill 2. On PS2 you got to play 1 man. On the Xbox you got to play as a man AND a woman, AND you got more info, more mysteries solves, when you finished the Xbox version of the game. If you don't believe me, read the reviews. It's common to change the game a bit to have it sell more on another console.

The biggest mistake Sega made was with the promotions. In all of their promotions (of Shenmue 2 on Xbox), you can see something new, that you haven't seen in the game. It's nothing shocking, just new. I guess they did that to show the people who played the Dreamcast version of Shenmue 2 that there were new things in the Xbox version of the game. So, before the game even came out (I live in U.S.A. We only got the Xbox version) I went to a store. I think it was "Best Buy", anyway. They had a computer there. You can use the computer to review all the stuff in the store. I wanted to see the Shenmue trailer. At the time I didn't own an Xbox, nor did I ever think that I would (thinking like this forced me to make a BIG mistake. I thought that I'd never get an Xbox... So I read the WHOLE Shenmue 2 walkthrough before even playing the game :( ). I just wanted to see all the pictures and videos of Shenmue I could. Since I've seen the promo video for the first time, I couldn't tell what parts were new and what was old. Once I got the Xbox, and won Shenmue 2. I saw the trailer again... and this time I saw all the new things. I even saw the little girls birthday... I know that's in the game and all... But I got to see it. I was even going to post it ALL. I had a chip of Ryo and Shanhua (unseen), of Lan Di (unseen), of the little girl (unseen), of Xiuying (unseen)... Most of them were boring and pointless... But the one with Lan Di SMOKED IT (may even hold clues to the end of Shenmue 3)!!! The only thing I didn't get to see was the Ryo bike, the temple in the hills, Sun. Most people got to see this video as a Berkley Project... I and anyone else who lives in U.S. got to see the promo's in 128 bit graphics. Even if you were to check my other thread... I said something like "A lot of people may have seen it, or even own it..."

I even told people... Don't mess this up for everyone. I wasn't even asking people to respect me. They could have simply not said anything until I posted the pictures. They could have THEN added their comments. Instead people like ac2u were filled with jealous rage that it wasn't him that saw the video that he felt the need to insult, degrade me, and mess things up for everyone else. Then he goes on to say "Don't worry. As soon as he posts it on another web site... We'll all get to see it." :) HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... After what was done to innocent little me. I don't wish to post it at all.

Before Shenmue 2 was released. If I were to tell you that I knew the names of some of the people in Shenmue 2, and had proof. Everyone would attack and make fun and insult me. I would tell them that "it's right under your nose... Everyone who has Shenmue 1 can find out their names." I think the insulting would still continue. Forcing me to keep my findings to myself :) My proof would be that if you put on the Shenmue passport disc, you can see Xuiying's and Shenhua's name. See how it pays to be kind ?

Now I'm going to play the Shenmue 1 passport... Maybe I can see some new things, too.
nl4m

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:29 pm

When Lan Di attacks Shenhua its more likely to have happened in this building, note the pillars used to support the building being in the Project Berkely video. Thats my guess anyways. I also reckon this is the place where Ryo sits by the Shenmue tree, Bailu Village or something.

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... php?t=9707
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby VGAce » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 pm

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Iwao knew that Lan Di was coming.

NOT a fact.

You're basing your assumption off of what Ryo said. Iwao's letter itself never mentions anything about Lan Di, and doesn't even mention that Iwao knew someone was coming. Although the nature of the letter makes it safe to assume he knew his life was in danger, there is absolutely no evidence that proves he knew of Lan Di specifically.

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Lan Di is in the cave with Shanhua and Ryo.

NOT a fact.

You can't base the current story on a very early concept of the game, especially parts of the story that have yet to even be revealed. Project Berkley was the prototype for Shenmue, then came the Saturn version, then the Dreamcast betas, and then the full game. Things change in the course of a game's development, and while we have no way of knowing that Lan Di is not in the cave, it most definitely is not a fact that he is.

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Shenmue 2X was going to be made for the Xbox. In which you would get to play more of Shenmue. In this game you would have to fight Chai in the boat. That's why the woman tells you "Thanks for helping my little girl back where when she was scared."

NOT a fact.

The chapter in which you fought Chai on the boat was never released on any platform, Dreamcast or Xbox, and you have no way of knowing it was ever meant to. We'll likely never know the reasons behind this, but most of us figure they cut it for pacing reasons. A short chapter taking place entirely on a boat with only one battle would be boring to most players, and it would break up the flow inbetween the end of Shenmue I and the beginning of Shenmue II. The dialogue with the mother and the little girl is never suggestive that Ryo saved the child from a madman on the ship. She just thanks for helping her little girl when she was scared, which could be in response to many things.

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Lan Di HATES Zhu, Chai said so. Lan Di thinks that Zhu has the Phoenix mirror and may have helped Iwao kill Lan Di's father.

NOT a fact.

We don't know Lan Di thinks Zhu has the Phoenix Mirror and we definitely don't know Lan Di thinks Zhu helped Iwao kill Sunming Zhao. Whether or not Lan Di hates Zhu is based entirely on the words of a crazy vagrant, so that, too, is not a fact. For all we know this could be entirely business, an order from Tentei that Lan Di must carry out.

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that the "Mysterious Scroll" is VERY important. I don't know about the Dreamcast version of the game. But in Xbox it's in the menu. My guess is the move in the Scroll will be used at the end of Shenmue 3 to defend Lan Di.

It probably is an important part of the story, but again, your statement is not a fact. We simply do not know.

nl4m wrote:It's a fact that Chapter 1 and 2 of the Shenmue story were put in the first game.

Technically, the first game only contains Chapter 1. Chapter 2, as you mentioned above, was cut from the games. It consisted of the boat chapter.

These are the only FACTS that appeared in your entire post:

"It's a fact that Shenmue 2X was going to be made for the Xbox."

"Chapters 3 to 5 were put in the second game."

So here's a little advice for the future. Don't ever say something is a fact unless you're positive. It leaves you absolutely no wiggle room and it makes you look like an idiot when you're wrong (like now). Facts are based on clear evidence that is indisputable. Most of what you said, however, was a mish-mash of assumptions and your opinions. To tell you the truth, I have no clue what the point of this thread was. The only objective I saw was you daring us to disprove your supposed "facts." Were you just trying to sound like a smarty-pants or something? As a Shenmue community, we know what's true about the games, what's false, and what we don't know. We don't need a reminder, especially from someone who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

Sorry if that came off harsh...but like I said, no wiggle room.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fuku_san » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47 pm

I will miss you so much nl4m :-({|=
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Everyone at Shenmuedojo except nl4m wrote:Stop making topics, stop posting, log out, stfu, play in traffic
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby OL » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 am

Pft, once I got to the long post, I gave up on this topic. I'm not reading through all of that just so I can deride a dum-dum. I can do it just fine without reading it.

You're a dum-dum.

There. I did it. You've now been picked on by the almighty Orange Lightning.
Your life is complete. Now kill yourself, so that I may reap your soul and feed on the power held within it, weak though it may be.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue III