Shenmue CE development

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Yuki » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 am

Sorry for the long delay in responding to posts, like a lot of people this time of year I've been sitting examinations!

Our aim is to of course, result in a game with the same features the past shenmue games had, with suitable improvements to those features and our own additional ones.

Thank you for the link to DevMaster.net, I've added the page to my bookmarks so that I can read it along with the other materials I've PDF'd for reading after my exams.

I've managed to get a few programmer onboard from my university, if anyone else wishes to join the team please don't hesitate to PM me your Live Messenger address for instant messaging.

I will be setting up some sort of site for the development of the game, most likely to start off with just a simple blog for posting updates.
Yuki
Asia Travel Representative

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed May 07, 2008 4:47 am

Sounds great, guys! Everyone should start spreading the word! ^_^
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yuki » Wed May 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Spreading the word would be a time saver, I was going to start the launch of the project/advertising and recruiting when my exams end
Yuki

Postby Yuki » Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 pm

Quick update:

In the next week I'll be releasing a recruitment site and a list of our current developers, with some models of buildings etc for people to see :)
Yuki

Postby oliv3r » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 am

Yuki wrote:Quick update:

In the next week I'll be releasing a recruitment site and a list of our current developers, with some models of buildings etc for people to see :)

I'm looking forward to it - thanks for posting. :)
oliv3r
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Beck » Sun May 18, 2008 7:51 pm

So, is this a remake of Shenmue 1?

I'm interested in this project, if it sounds like something I'd enjoy doing then I'll sign up.

I have experience with 3D modelling, animation, texturing and level design/creation.
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yuki » Thu May 22, 2008 9:27 am

So I've finished my exams, and start work in 10days, going to use this extra free time to get the site up and organized. All people who have showed interest in this project are very welcome to take part and contribute what they can to make this happen!
Yuki

Postby stigee » Mon May 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Is the site up and running yet?
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yuki » Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am

Site I put together in about 5 minutes, really short on time around now, just starting work, sleep patterns changing and priorities too!
Yuki

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am

is this Schloder_Markus' or dinojan's project ??

if you need musicians, just tell me some mood or some tipe of and i'll make a composition so you can see my kind of work, and decide if you like or not ;)
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DmytroLyaksandro » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Has anything happened with this game?
DmytroLyaksandro

Postby random331 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:46 pm

yep i died , so tragic
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby DrDreadd » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:06 pm

so whats the website?
Im currently studying animation and have experience in using maya, and some experience in 3DS max.
Would like to help out.
Also have quite a lot of experience in video editing, if that could be of any use ;)
DrDreadd
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Yuki » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi, sorry for not staying in touch for such long periods of time, but I've been really busy with a large number of projects and work of course.

Since the last update, me and Dino have made the decision to develop this project in XNA, as it has massive support for his graphics and generally increases productivity on my side of things.

This is good news, as it means not only will this game be available on the windows platform (XP SP2/Vista) but it will also be available for the Xbox 360, jolly good.

I hope you guys aren't getting too anxious, the original game did take years and something like a 77million budget, I'm just one guy coding inbetween work and when I'm not busy doing other things, I'm sure you can appreciate the difference in development rate and achieving milestones compared to an actual game development team being paid.

Again, if you can code in C# and are familiar with XNA, please do PM me, I might just code myself into a heart-attack if I continue doing this solo, current coders who offered to help failed to put their stressful hours of coding where their mouth was!

Thanks,
Dino & Y.
Yuki

Postby captainpencilcase » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm

EDIT: Neeeeeevermind.
captainpencilcase
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Shenmue III