Do you think Bill Gates is a fan of Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you think Bill Gates is a fan of Shenmue 3

Postby sylentknyte » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 am

I mean come on the guys one of us. If he ever liked it then theres no doubt Shenmue 3 would get made. But I wonder how to get his attention and get him to play it...
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 am

He obviously loves Halo way more ;)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Schiff » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am

I think mr Gates doesn't even know what Shenmue is.... :(
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 am

You do know he left MS over a year ago right?
He is just a shareholder now,Ballmer runs the show.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Wow the Shenmue forum should really be taken to the vet. And Ryudo should tell evreyone that it went to live in a farm.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ys » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 am

Well, he does know about Shenmue from what I read. I was reading an article about Sega and its history before. It was a very long, detailed article which ultimately also talked about Microsoft. The fact that they wanted to take over Sega which led to the Xbox etc. There it said that Bill Gates was one of the Microsoft people who mentioned Shenmue as one of the big things that Sega had achieved and that they really wanted it on the Xbox.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Schiff » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:15 am

ys wrote:Well, he does know about Shenmue from what I read. I was reading an article about Sega and its history before. It was a very long, detailed article which ultimately also talked about Microsoft. The fact that they wanted to take over Sega which led to the Xbox etc. There it said that Bill Gates was one of the Microsoft people who mentioned Shenmue as one of the big things that Sega had achieved and that they really wanted it on the Xbox.

Can you link the article?
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:18 am

I already tried to find it again actually but couldn't remember where I saw it. It was on some "respectable" site though that had lots of information about Sega, all of their hardware and so on.

Well, I don't know if it's true of course what they wrote there (as with all information everywhere) but that's what it said in the article at least.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 am

I thought it was Peter Moore who was a huge fan.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Locke_cole » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Riku wrote:Wow the Shenmue forum should really be taken to the vet. And Ryudo should tell evreyone that it went to live in a farm.

fucking lol
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Riku wrote:I thought it was Peter Moore who was a huge fan.

Makes more sense him being a former Sega Nerd.

ys wrote:Well, he does know about Shenmue from what I read. I was reading an article about Sega and its history before. It was a very long, detailed article which ultimately also talked about Microsoft. The fact that they wanted to take over Sega which led to the Xbox etc. There it said that Bill Gates was one of the Microsoft people who mentioned Shenmue as one of the big things that Sega had achieved and that they really wanted it on the Xbox.

That was mentioned in Dean Takahashi's 'Inside the Xbox' book. Initial plannings Microsoft had was to buy Sega or Nintendo and make a console from them with Microsoft branding slapped on the box. The offer went to Nintendo when they were talking about GameCube, talks did take place but fell through and Sega also dropped out when their minds were made up to go third-party. What would of been ideal for MS if either went through was an Xbox that played Dreamcast games or a Microsoft GameCube with Nintendo's games on it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Schiff » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 pm

A Sega-Microsoft continous partership would have been great.
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hassassin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Peter Moore is indeed the shenmue fan with the most power. He was the man in charge at SEGA Europe (i think) when shenmue first came out on the DC, then he was the man in charge at Microsoft when shenmue came out on Xbox. Safe to presume he brought it over with him.

see this article:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3159208
he names it the game he would take with him if stuck on a desert island

I think the guy is now head of EA Sports... much change of him taking it with him again?? shame not...
Hassassin
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Hang_On_1987 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 pm

He sort of is one of us. He may look at Shenmue as a Titanic-esque game where it was hyped beyond hype, but largely disappointed many especially with the what-happens-next? ending in the Xbox game. I think Shenmue will be continued, but that might not even be during our lifetime. I still remember the ads for this game in Game Informer like it was yesterday.
Hang_On_1987
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby diAbLo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 pm

During our lifetime? There are people alive today who remember a world before video games. I seriously doubt Shenmue will make a comeback 50+ years down the road.
diAbLo

Next

Return to Shenmue III