RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ys » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:

Shenmue would not cost the megatons it once did to develop the now standard tech to make it.

Yeah, especially since a lot of that money also went to research (traveling costs to China amongst that).
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby LawXiu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 pm

ys wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:

Shenmue would not cost the megatons it once did to develop the now standard tech to make it.

Yeah, especially since a lot of that money also went to research (traveling costs to China amongst that).

I was always under the impression that Shenmue 3 was completed and ready for a console deal. So surely Sega are loosing money with it sitting on Yu Suzuki's shelf.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 pm

ys wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:

I think that was for Virtua Fighter.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Takumi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 am

I'll definitely be buying this on day one.

As a side note, it's nice to once again see the Dojo alive and kicking..
Takumi
Tomato Store Employee
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: xilezor
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue I PAL

Postby ys » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:25 am

GrahamLaw wrote: I was always under the impression that Shenmue 3 was completed and ready for a console deal. So surely Sega are loosing money with it sitting on Yu Suzuki's shelf.

I'm not really sure if it's ready. Like in 100% ready. According to the Kikizo article a lot was done though and the advantage was that the original textures etc. were high-res which made it easier to continue on the current consoles in a way without the need to convert again.
Now we don't know if that article is (totally) correct. It did seem though that there has been some work done on Shenmue III. LanDC and some others found extra content on discs that was cut from Shenmue II and could maybe be used in future games. I even remember reading a statement from Sega Japan shortly after the release of Shenmue II where they mentioned that people wouldn't have to wait as long for Shenmue III as they did between I and II ! Oh the irony...
It does show though that they at least had lots of stuff ready probably.

Riku wrote:
ys wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:

I think that was for Virtua Fighter.

Well in a way yes since they were going to develop a Virtua Fighter RPG that grew into Shenmue eventually. I'm just going by what I saw Yu mention in an interview. That a lot of the costs went into research on different locations.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dragon Light » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:58 am

Does anyone know when sega A.S will be out in the Uk some sites say feb 10 others say march 26 which one is it.
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rdk_nl » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:13 am

I read all posts in this topic, but I didn't read anything about a PC version.

Everyone is talking about four versions:

XB360, PS3, Wii & NDS.

But on the official Sega.nl site: http://www.sega.nl/games/sonicracing

They also gave a PC releasedate.
rdk_nl
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am

rdk_nl wrote:I read all posts in this topic, but I didn't read anything about a PC version.

Everyone is talking about four versions:

XB360, PS3, Wii & NDS.

But on the official Sega.nl site: http://www.sega.nl/games/sonicracing

They also gave a PC releasedate.

It's on everything but the psp.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 am

^Fucking typical.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:14 am

Clint wrote:^Fucking typical.

LOL you need your 360 chipped so you can rent it.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Veery cool!

Postby badamn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Had to post.I visit the Dojo weekly but never post.One point i want to make is that Ryo Hazuki is our(Sega fans)Link/Zelda.Sega knows this and we will see Shenmue 3.It's just a matter of production costs coming down and user base going up.They obviously could'nt release Shenmue3 as a first gen title for a launching system.Furthermore I don't know about buying the game for all systems as Sega could be using this as a lypmus test for which platform they would like to release SM3 on.I think i'll buy 3 copies for me and my 360 buddies and then mail the reciepts to Sega with "Thank you for Ryo!"written on each one of them.Money talks!Bottom line!
badamn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Andy Hughes » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:01 pm

I do think this is a good sign for another instalment of Shenmue guys :) What do you think?
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Perhaps Sega hopes to reel in some support for Shenmue before ever taking a chance again, but I beleive that at this point, Shenmue 3 is very, very far from Sega execs' minds - I don't think it'll ever happen. But, I guess this bit of attention Shenmue fans are being given after having nothing for so long isn't a bad thing.

But really, this Sega racing game isn't hyped up to make a huge splash, is it? I mean, has anything Sega's come out with in the past few years made a big impact on the gaming world? Not really.

On a side note, and out of curiosity, someone should try to contact Corey Marshall and see if Sega's contacted him to do some voice acting. I read someone's post that they are friends with him on facebook...they should leave him a wall post and see what he says ;)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:12 pm

It's just Sega testing the popularity of Ryo and if it would possibly be worth taking a look at Shenmue again. They're just dipping their foot in the water.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby RoboBonanza » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:
On a side note, and out of curiosity, someone should try to contact Corey Marshall and see if Sega's contacted him to do some voice acting. I read someone's post that they are friends with him on facebook...they should leave him a wall post and see what he says ;)

I'm guessing that if Ryo has a voice, it will just be recycled clips.
RoboBonanza
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III