RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:26 pm

aaa
Last edited by ThyDarkAngel on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Clint » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Thy_DarkAngel wrote:Driver makes more sense than dragon, sadly.
What are 'rear view dragon mirrors'? Dragon Mirror would be one thing but most people are making blind eyes to the rear view part, dreaming with Shenmue, only to say afterwards it's Sega's fault that they teased us.
´Rear view driver mirror' at least can somewhat relate to the mirrors that allow you to see what is on your rear when you are driving.
My access to a pc and internet these days is very limited. Can't anyone search for characters still not announced in the background of the images that Sega gave of the game?

Ofcourse, I hope I'm wrong, but it is the most rational scenario I can think of.

Why would they make us wait to show the final word as 'Driver'?

That gives no hint as to what game they are trying to spell out. That's not even a clue.

If Beat from JSR can make it in the game, I see no reason why Ryo can't. But the only thing that's turning me away from Dragon, is the fact that this game looks too cartoony to include a realistic looking character.

I highly doubt someone at SEGA sat there and decided to use 'mirror' along with 'dreams'. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Driver is indeed possible, but that's not a clue, as i've just mentioned.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Clint wrote:
What are 'rear view dragon mirrors'? Dragon Mirror would be one thing but most people are making blind eyes to the rear view part, dreaming with Shenmue, only to say afterwards it's Sega's fault that they teased us.
´Rear view driver mirror' at least can somewhat relate to the mirrors that allow you to see what is on your rear when you are driving.
My access to a pc and internet these days is very limited. Can't anyone search for characters still not announced in the background of the images that Sega gave of the game?

Ofcourse, I hope I'm wrong, but it is the most rational scenario I can think of.

That gives no hint as to what game they are trying to spell out. That's not even a clue.

If Beat from JSR can make it in the game, I see no reason why Ryo can't. But the only thing that's turning me away from Dragon, is the fact that this game looks too cartoony to include a realistic looking character.

I highly doubt someone at SEGA sat there and decided to use 'mirror' along with 'dreams'. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Driver is indeed possible, but that's not a clue either.

It's an odd clue, an odd 'phrase', odd at best...
Oh well...

Anyway I was messing something up. I , upon restarting the possibilities in my mind, understood that the clue concerned multiple characters. But it's just one among many.
So the driver possibility loses some strenght. Not all, but some.

Hell. Nights had a game recently and already appeared on the tennis mix...
Just one character... That will appeal to Sega die hard fans, Sega said... A character big enough to deserve this attention... D Mirror...
Fuck, can it really be??........

This is messing with my nerves...
I will, most likely, say nothing sane here 'till this get solved...

Don't worry about the carttony thing. A chibi version of Ryo riding the forklift would solve it, or even the freaking original model would not be the thing that would put Ryo in or out the rooster. It's a party game, it doesn't need to make absolute sense.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Tad89 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Rom wrote:It's supposed to be a pun so it doesn't matter if "rear view dragon mirror" doesn't mean anything.

"driver mirror" is just stupid. It's not even a pun.

Just a thought, even if it is Dragon it could mean the Panzar Dragoon series instead.
Tad89
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Wouldn't of thought so since the whole Twitter thing is to do with the Sonic racing game.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Clint wrote:

That's a good point. If it is dream or driver it just proves Sega is playing with us.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:
Clint wrote:

That's a good point. If it is dream or driver it just proves Sega is playing with us.

"You'll see"

;)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ShinChuck » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:49 pm

I won't be able to rest till I know for sure, because I have a feeling SEGA is probably just, as usual, stringing the fans along. I think "NiGHTS" is unfortunately the most likely answer. And while I passionately love NiGHTS into Dreams, making NiGHTS playable is hardly any sort of surprise, nor would it really "excite" longtime fans at this point.
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby Ryo Hazukki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm

This topic has way too many fucking pages for what it's about. Why are people crying "draygon mekes no senzesdssf¬!!111" over and over and over again? Do you all have down's syndrome?

None of the suggested choices make any sense. Dragon is the answer, and the only one that fits because it's a fucking pun you fucking retarded fucknuggets. Fuck!
Ryo Hazukki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LawXiu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Ryo Hazukki wrote:This topic has way too many fucking pages for what it's about. Why are people crying "draygon mekes no senzesdssf¬!!111" over and over and over again? Do you all have down's syndrome?

None of the suggested choices make any sense. Dragon is the answer, and the only one that fits because it's a fucking pun you fucking retarded fucknuggets. Fuck!

OK, what's this obsession with "downers"?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Ryo Hazzuki is right your all just saying the same thing over and over. Give it a rest. The game will be crap anyway even if Ryo is in it. It would still suck if Yu would help make it. But if he is in it thats a good sign for the series. No matter what I ain't buying this game unless I start seeing reviews saying it's better then Mario Kart.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes everyone lets give it a rest. Stop posting posts on an internet forum. Your taking up all of the bandwith with your meaningless posts.

Its not really that important anyways. Just the possibility of the Ryo Hazuki character actually being a playable character in a game for over 6 years. Also confirmation that at least Sega recognise that a majority of Sega "die hard" fans support Shenmue with the inclusion of Ryo in the game. Nothing major at all.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby szymon247 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 pm

What makes me wonder is if there are any voice actors for Ryo in that game.

I just wonder if we'll hear Corey's "oh no" while Ryo hits another vehicle or hiperenthusiastic "I won".
szymon247
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShinChuck » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey guys, I bet it's "Dragon." I'm thinking it's a pun.

Or maybe it's "DRIVER." You know, maybe, like a car. That's a pun.

Or maybe it's "DREAMS," in contrast to "REALITY." That's a pun.

What do you guys think?
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Gah! The Suspense!

Postby Wanderin' » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Yeppers, like everyone else here, this suspense is getting on my nerves and I finally had to throw in some sort of useless post into the ring as well.

Obviously, any *current* news of our boy Ryo - and especially news of him being playable in *any* game (hell, last year I was all ready to have the entire Shenmue saga finished off by an epic match point between Ryo and Lan Di on clay in Superstars Tennis but that obviously fell through the cracks somewhere...) - is enough to get me downright randy and I truly do hope for all that is right in this world that he's made playable here.

BUT - one of the alternative choices that I've heard here and on the official Sega forums (just search 'Ryo sega all stars' on Google for it) actually sounds like another plausible solution that may disprove Ryo's inclusion.

Since we're working on the assumption that this phrase is supposed to be a pun referencing a Sega game from the past, the suggestion that the phrase is actually referring to PANZER DRAGOON actually holds some water. With the dragon character being the actual vehicle or 'car' if you will, the pun made here with the phrase is that instead of having a rear view car/driver mirror like you'd have in real life, you'd have a rear view 'dragon' mirror if you were riding/driving a dragon as your 'car'/vehicle. Uh oh...there may very well be *some* disappointment for us Shenmue fans (again) come this upcoming Wednesday - after all, Panzer Dragoon is a historical Sega franchise that is loved by many hardcore Sega fans. :(

But dammit, I do wants my playable Shenmue character! It could be Ryo on a forklift. Or it could be Ryo on Naoyuki's Harley or Joy's Kawasaki (*please note that I actually don't know/remember the bikes' respective brand replications, just doin' my best*). Hell, if it is explicitly Shenmue's *Dragon* Mirror, it could be Lan Di in his black sedan clotheslining fools that get too close. Then again it could be Tom tossing hot dogs from his hot dog truck.

For me, it would hold a special place in this embittered fan's heart if the inclusion was not just Ryo, but Ryo AND Nozomi both riding on Naoyuki's bike (as seen in Shenmue 1) as the playable Shenmue character. Their special stage could be the track/highway between the Yokosuka docks and Dobuita and the track song *could* be Shenmue 1's admittedly cringe-worthy yet endearing Engrish I Wish... vocal song played during the very same cutscene. Now wouldn't THAT be a deserving treat for hardcore Sega fans who have held out for Shenmue all these years?

But - enough. I've vented far more that I have needed to but at least that's off my chest. I'd sooner shove my TV remote up my buttock then admit that Panzer Dragoon is being referenced by the hint, but I must say that it is a large possibility, especially when one of the game's devs has been on record saying that the answer is obscure even if you know what it is (ie. the abstract idea of a rear view 'dragon' mirror instead of a rear view driver mirror on a dragon that you drive like a car/vehicle).

So - will be waiting with abated breath like everyone else for Monday-Wednesday. But it looks like I'll be joining you all in sanitizing my remote for that special moment on Wednesday in the mean time. Cheers.
Wanderin'

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III