RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Oppy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm

chill out riku, spose i came across a bit too harsh, but where im from, callin sum1 a 'Wanker' is pretty offensive.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Everyone chill.

Also the term wanker on these forums is used a lot and most take it as tongue and cheek.
I would not take it so harsh. Plus with a sig like that and that sorta grammar with words like "sum1" and trying to call others out as 12 year olds goes against your case.
Take things with a grain of salt around here.

Fucking Wankers.
:P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

haha, i do understand that ryudo, i just find it stupid for a noob to come into a thread and call everyone a wanker. Anyway picked this game up today for 360, along with yakuza 3, cant play it cos i sent my xbox away for RROD. Gotta wait till tomorrow to play it on my dads 360, so all i can do now is look at the box and manual. The suspense is killing me. Guess il get stuck into yakuza in the meantime.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Birty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm loving the avatar Ryo costume, it's the one piece of clothing on there I would actually pay money for.
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby myshtuff » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm

So how the fuck do you get a AAA on mission 13. I keep getting AA. It is impossible. Am i missing something? Its the mission where you are Dr. Robotnik and you have to get all the chaos emeralds.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 pm

myshtuff wrote:So how the fuck do you get a AAA on mission 13. I keep getting AA. It is impossible. Am i missing something? Its the mission where you are Dr. Robotnik and you have to get all the chaos emeralds.

Try and follow the ring patterns to the emeralds because gold rings also count towards AAA.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
myshtuff wrote:So how the fuck do you get a AAA on mission 13. I keep getting AA. It is impossible. Am i missing something? Its the mission where you are Dr. Robotnik and you have to get all the chaos emeralds.

Try and follow the ring patterns to the emeralds because gold rings also count towards AAA.

Oh. ](*,) Thank you. :)
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:23 pm

When possible I'm gonna pick this one up since everyone here seems to be creaming themselves to it. Although, I was pretty much on the fence with the entire Mario Kart series.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Oppy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 am

Joka, i say it shits on mario kart. Started playing it yesterday and its awesome. Never been into any cartoony racing games other then Crash Team Racing. But this takes the cake by a long shot, the superstar powerups are cool. My only dislike is that there isnt really alot of unlockable content, you could play for 2 or 3 hours and have all the characters unlocked. Not really a big problem but if it had more unlockablea and they wernt as easy tp get, it would make this game last longer. Also there is no story or campaign sort of mode, but thats no big deal as i wasnt expecting one in the first place.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Barry the Nomad » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

The once exclusive Ryo Forklift DLC is now available everywhere for $4 (360) and $4.99 (PS3).

As a Shenmue fan it is well worth it. The forklift handles very well and has an awesome boost. The All-Star Move animation is badass. Closeup of Ryo turning to the player and giving the signal that shit is about to go down. :lol:
Barry the Nomad
Asia Travel Representative

Postby willmame » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am

Barry the Nomad wrote:The once exclusive Ryo Forklift DLC is now available everywhere for $4 (360) and $4.99 (PS3).

As a Shenmue fan it is well worth it. The forklift handles very well and has an awesome boost. The All-Star Move animation is badass. Closeup of Ryo turning to the player and giving the signal that shit is about to go down. :lol:

+1

If I didn't already get this as part of pre-ordering, I'd have bought this. If you are a Shenmue fan you owe it to yourself to buy the Forklift DLC and the Xbox Avatar Jacket... Sumo/Sega may well be using these Shenmue-extras to judge public interest in the franchise.

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS :)
willmame

Postby Jokatech19 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 am

The one thing this game should jar into Sega's dumbass minds is that Ryo, the black sheep child they despise is their most respectable character. He stands out like a sore thumb. Why is it that the best offerings are always treated like Shenmue is by it's creators?
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Jokatech19 wrote:When possible I'm gonna pick this one up since everyone here seems to be creaming themselves to it. Although, I was pretty much on the fence with the entire Mario Kart series.

It does not hold a candle to the Mario Kart series.
I'm not saying that as a Mario fanboy or anything(not even that big anymore on Mario) ,just a more objective point of view.
MK is the one that started the Kart genre and still the best.
Sega fans might think this tops it because well obviously they love Sega more.
Been many MK clones and few have been any good. CTR was decent. GBA had a Konami one Krazy Kart racer and Rare had Diddy Kong.(the only one yet that has been truly debated as maybe better or a real challenger.)

Honestly this game has many issues(mostly minor) but the worst is some bad track designs on a few courses ESP the piss monkey ball ones.
The game is still great fun but it's still ends up feeling like another clone.

Don't get me wrong I want them to make more as I really enjoy it.
Honestly if your not big on Kart racing games then better rent it first.
If this was not Sega related or have Ryo,I would have never bought it and nor would anyone else.(if they say they would,they lie)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:28 am

Ryudo, not saying your wrong, as we are all entitled to our own opinions, I am neither a big sega or nintendo fanboy, i would say i like both equaly. But i could never get into mario kart like i did with this game. I always found mario kart to be so childish and boring. Like you stated before. This is filled with nostalgia. The music and characters movements, quotes and special moves bring back so many memories, and the pace and speed if the racing with the drift system is very fun. Ryo really means nothing in this game, to me he is only a character model with quotes cut from the shenmue games, shit quotes too. And the commentating is pretty shit. "Sonic is the winner! and what a great guy he is!". But overall my honest opinion is that this game is far better then mario kart. again, only my opinion.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 am

Is it just me or should this game be alittle less than $50-$65? I can't bring myself to spend that much cash on this.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III