RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby nessus87 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 am

I haven't posted here in forever and I'm surprised I remember my password. I'd like to agree that everyone needs to buy this game. Sure I know I'm probably just going to play it once for the novelty but if out of nowhere this mediocre game nobody cares about sells really well you have to assume the people at SEGA will get a clue.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby GameFreac » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 am

Haven't been on here in a few weeks and I come back to this great news. I don't post much but I creep weekly.

This is awesome. Sure it's not Shenmue III but it's a small glimmer of hope. I will buy this on day one to show my support. And if it does suck that bad, I'll just sell it on eBay and lose what...$20?

Can't wait. :D
GameFreac
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby CookieMonster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 am

But winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move – such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado – that allows a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position.

I've got it: Ryo could send out a floating sword that slashes the tires of other cars so he can get ahead! idk j/k...
CookieMonster
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby redline » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am

I bet if ryo wins a race he will do a victory dance and I've
Kinda got a feeling that if he looses a race he will nodoubt say
"I will have my revenge" LOL
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

Now that you mention it, has Corey Marshall blogged (facebooked, tweeted, whatever) about any voice work for the game? I can imagine Sonic pulling off one of his sickly Cali jokes when he crosses the finish line, so why not Ryo?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby CookieMonster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

redline wrote:I bet if ryo wins a race he will do a victory dance and I've

OMG I have no idea why I laughed so hard when I read that. It's just so funny to picture! :lol:
CookieMonster
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GameFreac » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 pm

CookieMonster wrote:
redline wrote:I bet if ryo wins a race he will do a victory dance and I've

OMG I have no idea why I laughed so hard when I read that. It's just so funny to picture! :lol:

Haha same.
GameFreac
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby nessus87 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 am

I'm hoping for a Shenmue themed level (maybe the harbor based on the Forklift races). They've only announced a couple levels so far and I imagine they'll draw from all the games referenced. If they do this then I'll play the shit out of this game.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 am

Shenmue III might be a mini game you unlock when you win Grand Prix mode with Ryo Hazuki... heh.....
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 am

nessus87 wrote:I'm hoping for a Shenmue themed level (maybe the harbor based on the Forklift races). They've only announced a couple levels so far and I imagine they'll draw from all the games referenced. If they do this then I'll play the shit out of this game.

I'm actually so tired of racing on a forklift in the harbor from Shenmue already that the idea of racing more in the harbor really makes me queasy. I hated the turn radius of those things and it go so annoying moving boxes. Even the thought of being in the harbor doesn't sound appealing but in time I'll be excited. I'd much rather them just have Ryo run in the races. That seems more representative of Shenmue, but then, why even have Sonic racing on a vehicle.

I really think this may be a marketing ploy not for Shenmue fans, but for non-Shenmue fans(especially the younger generation). When they play the game they'll surely recognize just about everyone except Ryo. This will get his name out there for those who've never heard of him. Then if they decide to release Shenmue III those people will be more likely to buy it(as long as they don't make Ryo incredibly sucky in the game). Sega knows we devout will buy it. I see this as an opportunity to get the good word out about Shenmue.

If we see no more mention of Shenmue from Sega after All Star Racing, I'm done with Sega.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yama » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Great to see Ryo back in action. Not quite the return we banked on, but at least Sega still remembers him. Hopefully some decent sales will give Sega some incentive.

Regarding one of the above posts, a Shenmue themed level would be great. Doubt we'll see it though.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby R3N » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:28 pm

redline wrote:I could be wrong but I don't think buying this game will lead to shenmue3, it will just make sega think we want more all star poo (and there probably stick ryo in it to boost sales)

that is why we have to send a picture of us with the game and send it to SEGA and tell them we brought the game just for shenmue.
Better Yet lets take a pic of that game and shenmue 1 and 2.

Tell them We want more shenmue!.

Many people are here hopping shenmue for PSN but that will not work.
Why?

Because they will be able to release shenmue I but they will not be able to release shenmue II unless they want to be sued.
Xbox owns the right for shenmue 2.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/shenmue2/

Also if you love shenmue Post here.
at the Xbox forum

http://forums.xbox.com/2/28153619/ShowPost.aspx#28153619

the thread now has 39 replies.
If we could only get it till 200 replies I think we would make a small but still impact ....
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 pm

^^Sega owns the rights to Shenmue 2, not Microsoft.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 pm

OL wrote:^^Sega owns the rights to Shenmue 2, not Microsoft.

:-$

Shh. Remember Sega is run by the Yakuza 'mafia'.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby rdk_nl » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 am

OL wrote:^^Sega owns the rights to Shenmue 2, not Microsoft.

OL is absolutely right, the (manufacturer of the) console where it was available on is/was is not directly "right owner".

R3N; please have a look at this forum, I'm sure there is a topic (somewhere) where a discussion was going on, exactly about this.
rdk_nl
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III