Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah point taken. So how about the moonpig option? Custom made postcards with shenmue pictures on?

http://www.moonpig.com/
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Much better.
Though they might have rules about using copyrighted material to make their custom postcards... I know some companies are like that.
I'll need to find something that deals using dollars, not pound, though.

But Shenmue postcards... good idea...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:11 pm

OL wrote:Much better.
Though they might have rules about using copyrighted material to make their custom postcards... I know some companies are like that.
I'll need to find something that deals using dollars, not pound, though.

But Shenmue postcards... good idea...

I was thinking of a postcard with two pictures, one of Ryo in the racing game ( to show we only got it for him ) and the other picture can be anything else.

If there's copy right issues maybe other members can donate their fan art
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I still think actually telling them that the reason we got the game was for Ryo is a better option. We don't have to make it all visual; I'm (relatively) sure they can read. Sending only pictures could be confusing.
Just a quick note saying we bought the game solely for Ryo, and we want Shenmue 3. I'd imagine that being as blunt as possible this time would work best.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Well, before today we coulda taken a rather extreme route and return our Shenmue games, claiming that you'd buy them back at full retail price, so long as Shenmue III is made. Yes, I know, it sounds stupid, but imagine every Shenmue fan we could reach did it? Exactly. SEGA would shit bricks.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

Postby Shoryuken! » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:Please read this and take it seriously.

Now Ryo has been included in All Star Racing I want to do another mass mailing. It seems like too much of a coincidence that after years of campaigning Sega include Ryo in one of their next games. It's up to you to decide if the last mailing influenced Ryo's appearance in this game as Sega will probably never admit to it. Big companies won't admit defeat.

I can't see an official release date but it would appear to be in February. How about we do a mass mailing of toys in the same way as before but do it in the week after this release date. It will add to the success to the game by showing Sega our appreciation for giving Ryo back to us.

I'm posting this today as the forum has come back to life. Old members have come to post as well as new members. The dojo's front page will probably be updated. And you have to admit, the Dojo is buzzing.

If the mass mailing is in February you have time to get your toys now. If one toy costs £1 in Toys'R'Us, you buy five every week upto the mailing date, and you'll have 75 toys to post ( based on 15 weeks ). I don't think it's too much to ask. I'm not saying you have to post 75, even 20 is good. With all the people that are visiting the Dojo today and in the weeks until the release date I'm sure we can beat 7000.

Constructive replies please, Clint, OL, Riku, feel free to swear at me.

So you're not even buying the game, and you want people to get behind your idea of a second mass-mailing to support it? That's hilarious.

I think it's a great idea and I'll definitely help, I just felt I had to point that out, ha ha.
Last edited by Shoryuken! on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shoryuken!
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Shoryuken! wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:Please read this and take it seriously.

Now Ryo has been included in All Star Racing I want to do another mass mailing. It seems like too much of a coincidence that after years of campaigning Sega include Ryo in one of their next games. It's up to you to decide if the last mailing influenced Ryo's appearance in this game as Sega will probably never admit to it. Big companies won't admit defeat.

I can't see an official release date but it would appear to be in February. How about we do a mass mailing of toys in the same way as before but do it in the week after this release date. It will add to the success to the game by showing Sega our appreciation for giving Ryo back to us.

I'm posting this today as the forum has come back to life. Old members have come to post as well as new members. The dojo's front page will probably be updated. And you have to admit, the Dojo is buzzing.

If the mass mailing is in February you have time to get your toys now. If one toy costs £1 in Toys'R'Us, you buy five every week upto the mailing date, and you'll have 75 toys to post ( based on 15 weeks ). I don't think it's too much to ask. I'm not saying you have to post 75, even 20 is good. With all the people that are visiting the Dojo today and in the weeks until the release date I'm sure we can beat 7000.

Constructive replies please, Clint, OL, Riku, feel free to swear at me.

So you're not even buying the game, and you want people to get behind your idea of a second mass-mailing? That's hilarious.

I think it's a great idea and I'll definitely help, I just felt I had to point that out, ha ha.

Scrap that part of the post, I'll will pre order this week now I've seen more pics and vids.

Moon Pig prices:

Postcards, 8 for £6
small cards, 4 for £6

OL, you can add pictures and text. You can do it on the site in minutes.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby R3N » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm

OL wrote:I'd be cool with this, except that I've always thought the "let's send them capsule toys!" thing was stupid and obnoxious.
It's not like they're going to be having a board meeting when suddenly the mailman busts in with hundreds of packages containing capsule toys, and the board members will realize "By Jove, the people want more Shenmue!"

Relating capsule toys to Shenmue is an obscure reference that only fans of the series and people who actually worked on the games are going to understand. The business-minded higher-ups at Sega? They probably barely know about their products. They just look at dollar figures and popular names. They'll just be puzzled at the fact that some pushy assholes are sending them a bunch of 25 cent toys.
"Why the fuck are they doing this?"
"Who cares? Let's go whore out Sonic some more."

Trust me, just regular old neatly-written letters and emails will do the trick much more effectively, maybe with a few pictures of Shenmue or Ryo or something included with every one. An actual direct reference to the series would work much better, instead of trying to be all clever about it. With the capsule toys, you'll just be telling a joke that no one gets. And you know what happens when you tell a joke no one gets, right?

Silence.

Nah.
What is a better Idea is send them pics of Ryo playing Pachinko Machines.
The Higher ups were in the Pachinko Business after all.
Yeah Ryo played Slot machine so why he can not play Pachinko(With Sammy Brand Name on them) machines in shenmue 3.
Great idea actually Sammy could advertise their pachinko machines in shenmue.
Also Sega last Great CEO who is now dead appeared in the game so we could ask that Hajime Appears in shenmue....
Also Send letters to Hajime and Tell him he is really great and if he release shenmue 3 he would be our hero...........

If none of that work them Lets just Forget segaSAMMY and Ask Microsoft, Tell them if they force SEGA to launch shenmue 3 we will buy their Natal system and also Ditch Sony and Nitendo we would sold our souls to them and only buy Microsoft Stuff that we would become loyal Microsoft fans lol.

HAIL MICROSOFT!!
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shoryuken! » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:28 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:Scrap that part of the post, I'll will pre order this week now I've seen more pics and vids.

Excellent.

I'm not sure about using Moonpig though - I don't like the idea of watching their shitty adverts, never mind funding them. :lol: I think good ol' hand-written letters, and maybe a couple posters, or some fan art in the mail would be great.
Last edited by Shoryuken! on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoryuken!
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Shoryuken! wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:Scrap that part of the post, I'll will pre order this week now I've seen more pics and vids.

Excellent.

I'm not sure about using Moonpig though - I don't like the idea of watching their shitty adverts, never mind funding them. :lol: I think good ol' hand-written letters, and maybe a couple posters, or some fan art in the mail would be great.

Go for it! And yes, the adverts are shit.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

I must agree

Postby dubkor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 am

I must agree that the clear and concise letter is the way to go for sure. Make it very clear and simple. That's the best plan.

Oh, and buy the racing game, of course. I think I'm going to buy it for Wii. I don't own a Wii, or a XBox 360 nor a PS3 (or PS2 :P) but I do feel the need to do my part and I might buy a Wii someday, when it's classic hardware. ;)

As for sending our copies of Shenmue to Sega with a promise to rebuy them... Well, they aren't getting my dreamcast copies! If everyone else is really in to the idea I'll swing down to Microplay and get a copy of Shen 2 for XBox. I'd really rather not, though, I'd much rather someone who has never heard of Shenmue grab it because it's there and become a huge fan.

Now if someone makes a Shenmue 3 for Dreamcast campaign, that I'll dump some serious money in to. ;)
dubkor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Without Remorse » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:43 am

I have 2ndOpp on my Xbox Live friends list, so I will send him a message next time I see him on. Im in for anything you guys decide to do.

I thought about the idea someone had where you hold the money up for a picture for shenmue 3. How about you hold your copy of the racing game up for a picture with a note in the other hand that says "Bought Just For Shenmue" or something like that, and then put that on the postcards. Just an idea.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby spud1897 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 am

Ill send a few, when would you be looking to send them off, be it toys postcards or both :-)
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby LawXiu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:14 am

spud1897 wrote:Ill send a few, when would you be looking to send them off, be it toys postcards or both :-)

Straight after the Sega allstars release. Plenty of time to save up buy what you can and send.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 am

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=299898

These people want to do another petition. Is any one a member there? Can you send them this way.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III