Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby LawXiu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm

The reason I want to go on with a second mass mailing is because the last one COULD have sparked up Ryo in this racing game.

Plus no one has come up with anything original.

I have set up a twitter page and I tried to poach the facepuke fan page members to join but there's been no interest.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby R3N » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:The reason I want to go on with a second mass mailing is because the last one COULD have sparked up Ryo in this racing game.

Plus no one has come up with anything original.

I have set up a twitter page and I tried to poach the facepuke fan page members to join but there's been no interest.

Yes but I think it is best If we attack them Offline and Online ;)

Also the mailing list is an awesome Idea in my opinion that way we can tell members who can not always be at the forum to help us.
Or people who are too busy and they just sometimes forget with their busy life to come to the forum.
I think it is best to catch them now that Shenmue hope is here for a while.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 2ndOpp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:11 am

Did you ever see the "call for Shenmue" topic on the xbox forums? We had over 1,889 posts and 785,490 views! But it got locked for no good reason... http://forums.xbox.com/16752814/ShowPost.aspx

There still is a "call volume 2" topic going strong with 86 posts and 1,989 views. http://forums.xbox.com/25984146/ShowPost.aspx
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 pm

2ndOpp wrote:Did you ever see the "call for Shenmue" topic on the xbox forums? We had over 1,889 posts and 785,490 views! But it got locked for no good reason... http://forums.xbox.com/16752814/ShowPost.aspx

There still is a "call volume 2" topic going strong with 86 posts and 1,989 views. http://forums.xbox.com/25984146/ShowPost.aspx

Yeah the call for Shenmue outnumbered all the other games together. They cant handle the barrage from the Shenmue fans, we're perisistant buggers.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby b_ren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:05 pm

If we are gonna do the mailing thing what's gonna go in the capsules this time? I Think we need a persistant message throughout.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Eh, sticky subject. First off I want to say that I dont think its coincidence that after so many fans sent capsules and demanded shenmue, that we are seeing Ryo in the Sega Racing game. Which shows the people at sega that there are people that like shenmue enough who are willing to spend money to get the creators attention (its like backwards promotion).

Now, I also want to say that sega has responded with having ryo appear in a new game, they are obviously trying to get our attention, and want us to by this game. I say its a test, and I dont think sending another batch of capsules is really neccesary, but im not saying it wouldnt be helpful either. I am saying that sega did a fan service and opened the vault and put Ryo in a new game, they didnt have to. To be put bluntly, sega sees dollar signs and they want us to buy this game, thats going to get there attention more than a second batch of capsules.

So, the best case scnerio here is getting everyone to buy this game AND send more capsules BUT wait until the week this game comes out to send the next batch, if they see the game doing numbers on top of us mass mailing them it will get more of a rise. (Although personally, I think the number of units sold will ultimately get their attention the best)

That would be my plan. So first things first, get people interested in the game. DO NOT just promote the game to shenmue OR just sega fans, but rather EVERYONE interested in games, explain the cause behind the whole shabang. Another thing that might be considered is to get someone to document what has happened, how we are promoting segas game FOR THEM, and how people have responded, and send that information to sega along with everything else. Hard work and good business is always a good path to getting what you want.

I could come up with other ideas if needed.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:36 pm

I agree, in any case we shouldn't just stick to sending capsules to SEGA this time.

We should take advantage of Ryo being in SEGA All-Stars Racing and do what some others have said already and send Shenmue related items to Microsoft too. I'd be happy to support and donate a mass-mass mailing.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby R3N » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:37 pm

B_Ren wrote:If we are gonna do the mailing thing what's gonna go in the capsules this time? I Think we need a persistant message throughout.

Well I think we should Send a print with a pic of Ryo from the sega all star racing game and write thank you segaSAMMY in the pic.

The only thing that I don't like this type of campaing is that people have to spend money.So people who only like shenmue but don't love shenmue will not be a part of this campaing.

So we should do also another type of campaing for those people who only like shenmue something free.

Also what do you think about my idea of making shenmue mailing list?
To gather the most shenmue fans as possible even people who don't come to this forum.
People who only come to the main page of this website to see if there is news of shenmue.
Also make a news in the main page of this website so people know about the mailing list so they join.
Then we can send all those people especially busy people who has no time to read this forum everyday.

So we plan something like post at sega blog for example in a especific day.And tell all those fans to also post in that day.That way we can bomb them.

So my point is lets Gather all the Shenmue we can find Even people who don't go to this forum.
I got many friends who like Shenmue but they don't love it enough to go to read this forum everytime they have free time, but I bet they would be part of something big as posting as some place something that is free for them and it also Takes soo little time of their life.

Lets face it We have loss many shenmue fans.I think with the mailing list we can get some back.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 pm

A mailing list is good and that's why I set up the Twitter page which 2ndopp also has access to. The problem is getting people to join it. I did go to the Shenmue fans on facebook but they all just ignored my posts. There's only 4 followers at the moment. On the plus side one of them is Sega.

I think we all need to get together and spam that facebook page to get the attention.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby R3N » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:24 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:A mailing list is good and that's why I set up the Twitter page which 2ndopp also has access to. The problem is getting people to join it. I did go to the Shenmue fans on facebook but they all just ignored my posts. There's only 4 followers at the moment. On the plus side one of them is Sega.

I think we all need to get together and spam that facebook page to get the attention.

Well Personally I don't use Twitter and many people don't.
But everyone use Email ;)
It is easier for people to insert an email than create a twitter account to follow the campaing.

Who here uses Twitter? I am curious.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 2ndOpp » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been able to organize anything here guys. Final projects for college and work has been killing me. But on a good note,. winter break is almost here
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:17 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Eh, sticky subject. First off I want to say that I dont think its coincidence that after so many fans sent capsules and demanded shenmue, that we are seeing Ryo in the Sega Racing game. Which shows the people at sega that there are people that like shenmue enough who are willing to spend money to get the creators attention (its like backwards promotion).

Now, I also want to say that sega has responded with having ryo appear in a new game, they are obviously trying to get our attention, and want us to by this game. I say its a test, and I dont think sending another batch of capsules is really neccesary, but im not saying it wouldnt be helpful either. I am saying that sega did a fan service and opened the vault and put Ryo in a new game, they didnt have to. To be put bluntly, sega sees dollar signs and they want us to buy this game, thats going to get there attention more than a second batch of capsules.

So, the best case scnerio here is getting everyone to buy this game AND send more capsules BUT wait until the week this game comes out to send the next batch, if they see the game doing numbers on top of us mass mailing them it will get more of a rise. (Although personally, I think the number of units sold will ultimately get their attention the best)

That would be my plan. So first things first, get people interested in the game. DO NOT just promote the game to shenmue OR just sega fans, but rather EVERYONE interested in games, explain the cause behind the whole shabang. Another thing that might be considered is to get someone to document what has happened, how we are promoting segas game FOR THEM, and how people have responded, and send that information to sega along with everything else. Hard work and good business is always a good path to getting what you want.

I could come up with other ideas if needed.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby LawXiu » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:44 pm

2ndOpp wrote:I'm sorry I haven't been able to organize anything here guys. Final projects for college and work has been killing me. But on a good note,. winter break is almost here

I'm still up for it but no one really seems to be that interested. Whatever, I'm still in.

Hope college is going well.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby 2ndOpp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 am

A's so far.... just need to do good on final projects and the finals themselves.
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 am

Hope you guys are still up for this, I will do my part to spread the word, this really beats my own idea for a crappy campaign anyway
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue III