Shenmue Campaign Video to Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue Campaign Video to Sony

Postby sushiiboots » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi, I've made this video to email to Sony and Sega. Feel free to download it and upload it to your youtube account so we can get it more exposure. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRffwAcoXTE
Last edited by sushiiboots on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sushiiboots
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

I really doubt a video will help. But still spotted a poster I made a couple of years ago when I had hope in your video.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 am

Really cool video well done.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby japalp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 am

Good job - well done
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby Dragon Light » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 am

Good video but shenmue games should be on xbox. the controls are like that of dreamcast's not to mention shenmue2x was on xbox original too.
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ryo911 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Excellent points made, great video!
Ryo911
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: WkdSide

Postby kanae767 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Good video. Agreed, some valid points made.

Dragon Light wrote:Good video but shenmue games should be on xbox. the controls are like that of dreamcast's not to mention shenmue2x was on xbox original too.

Only thing about xbox is Japan sales. Sony has a larger presence there and growing around the world. If it had to be on a single platform, much as i'd hate to admit it, the ps3 may reach a larger audience. Besides, the buttons are in the same place minus the d-pad and analogs.
kanae767

Postby OL » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Terrible video. I only watched the first 30 seconds basically, but the first thing you did was flood the viewer with footage from a trailer for Shenmue Online, a game that was never even released due to how unprofitable it eventually appeared to be. You're not going to convince Sega of anything by shoving footage in their faces of a game they basically wasted money on, with no profitable return.
A random fan-made video isn't going to push Sega to do anything anyway, but that choice of footage was just really awful.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

I can sum up this video really easy.

"I bought a PS3 and want Shenmue III on my PS3 and here is a bunch of BS you already know now give me my game"

Meh.

I liked the music though.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Leave it to the colored guys to bring you down a notch or two.
:nice!:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 pm

'Coloured guys' bring me down all the time I HATE COLOURED PEOPLE

p.s i'm black so yeah.

On a serious note you guys are the most negative on the forum its so un real but i guess that's what happens when you been here since 2003.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I'd just say they live more in the real world then you.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Exceptionally good video. Compared to the common trash you can find on youtube (like OMG SEGA make Shenmue plz) this one really seems to be made well and underlining the point instead of being the typical whining kids alike video. Very good work. I have doubts it will have much influence, but really outstanding. I hope some people at SEGA - or even companies that have the funds for such a project - will see this.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 pm

^Really?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:Exceptionally good video. Compared to the common trash you can find on youtube (like OMG SEGA make Shenmue plz) this one really seems to be made well and underlining the point instead of being the typical whining kids alike video. Very good work. I have doubts it will have much influence, but really outstanding. I hope some people at SEGA - or even companies that have the funds for such a project - will see this.

It had good production value but was mostly a PS3 fanboy video wanting Shenmue 3 for his PS3 and just shoving the same old arguments that we have said forever and saying that back to the people who made it is more like beating a dead horse and leaving it's head in your bed except with a note taped to it begging to make it for the system he just bought.

ESP at the parts downplaying the other systems.
Also kinda conflicting when he points out the HDD and DVD as faults when DC and original Xbox did Shenmue just fine.
All that would change is upgrade in visuals if brought to the HD systems hell even Wii could do a decent upgrade in visuals and if wants to bring DLC Wii can do it (does with Guitar hero/Rockband ..also check out Wiiware 3d games) It uses a SDHC card up to 32GB.

Hell lets not forget the PC either (not my choice but does have the biggest audience)

The campaign had better and more creative ideas to get a message across.

This just came across as a console fanboy wishful thinking trying to argue a biased point.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Next

Return to Shenmue III