First gameplay details

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: First gameplay details

Postby dotsona » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:41 pm

I am going to try and find a way to play the game regardless.
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Panda_rapist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:45 pm

dotsona wrote:I am going to try and find a way to play the game regardless.

you will be able to play it off there website yahoo mobage, i allready have a account :)
Panda_rapist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:22 am

Only if it isn't region locked. Even if it wasn't you'd need to be proficient at reading Japanese..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:31 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:

you will be able to play it off there website yahoo mobage, i allready have a account :)

word? I tried to sign up but it asked me for a Japanese cellphone e-mail which I could not supply.

Are you in Japan or is there some work around?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Panda_rapist » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Rakim wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:

word? I tried to sign up but it asked me for a Japanese cellphone e-mail which I could not supply.

Are you in Japan or is there some work around?

yeah i created it when we first heard news about shenmue town, i think i used a japanese email though, im in the uk so anyone should be able to do it,
Panda_rapist

Postby alimn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm

^OK, please provide help me on this,
I have a yahoo jp id
([email protected])

But it seems, every time I tried I got stuck with some docomo mobile number or credit card payments?
do we need to pay to register and get some ids, work done?
, please provide us a simple tutorial, anyone?

Let's think we need to try other Yahoo Mobage games now, ...?but how?
most importantly..the game will eventually make it's way to west,
The companies behind this thing are already working on contracts and deals with west organizations, such
as Face Book and ...not sure about the exact details, but I can tell that I saw some news, around this thing.

Best Regards, Ali M.N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Panda_rapist » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 pm

sorry but i created the basic account, i didnt bother going any further because shenmue town isnt up yet, but the website that directed me to mobage town said that mobage town is a free item based network accesible to anyone, go ahead if you want to try out your japanese skills, and then put the link to the website, but i have a friend in japan who probably uses it seeing that he's into that kind of stuff so il send him a email and post what you need to do
Panda_rapist

Postby alimn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 am

^Thanks for the response, well...
I think basically we are on the same level...and even if we try we can not get any further (at this moment),
let's wait for the game release, fans will definitely find ways and write a complete step by step tutorial
for us to try the new Shenmue, as well as other Yahoo Mobage games,...if it's fine and OK to SEGA, Shenmue & etc
, well, since these games are Japanese, I think west prefers to wait for east and trying them some how looks
funny!, and oh btw, if your friend could provide a good answer, you are more than welcome to send it to me via
a private message.

Best Regards, Ali M.N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby krizzex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:35 am

SegaBits wrote:It is this 'No thanks' attitude that will in the end kill off the Shenmue series.

While this game is not what everyone wants it is, at the very least a test of the water, possibly even an attempt at rebuilding the fanbase... At best? The first in the series reboot.

If this game is dead in the water at launch, that will send a bad signal to Sega and Yu Suzuki... Which could ultimately doom the entire series. We don't know the point of this game. Maybe it IS just a cash in but on the other hand maybe, just maybe it isnt.

As it is completely free to play... You stand to lose nothing in playing Shenmue City and you stand to gain, dare I say it... The series reboot/Shemue 3 we have waited a decade for.

I agree completely. if they don't get what they want the way they want it then they would rather the Shenmue burn to ashes with the attitudes they've been seeing. The fact that it is being made by Yu Suzuki is enough to know that it is going in the right direction. He will not let us down. By us I mean the "real" fans of Shenmue. The people who understand that Shenmue was always meant to be more than just some eye candy beat'em up.
krizzex
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby dotsona » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 pm

^^ I agree, I don't really understand why people complain when something related to shenmue comes out. I welcome anything from the game.
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Dorian » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Shenmie Gai is a mistake and for all the people who are positive about I have only this quote by Raymond Aron:

What passes for optimism is most often the effect of an intellectual error.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Panda_rapist » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 pm

you need to be optimistic to succeed at anything in life, if you think of failure, failure will happen
Panda_rapist

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:30 am

You need to be realistic in life.

Like my relationship. I was so fucking optimistic about that it fell apart because the optimism made me blind to all the subtleties. I don't know if I can fix anything know. It will be so hard to make anything of it but it would be all OK if only I was realistic at the right time.

Jesus off in the water
Standing on his feet
Yeah, that's the thing about charisma
It makes everyone believe

That there is nothing impossible
When I'm with you and when you're with me
I got a sad sinking feeling
That that can never be

Optimism, you're so overrated...
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 am

you where optimistic at first thats how it started and was good for a certain time, what you forgot was nothing lasts forever
Panda_rapist

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:00 am

I knew that all along but the optimism made me blind to certain things. Optimism is a foe in disguise.

I am being realistic about Shenmue Gai. It has a low chance to sparkle interest in the series and to be a gate to Shenmue III. It's also not a hot thing for most Shenmue fans. The language barrier alone makes it hard to enjoy this, not the mention that I would prefer to just play Shenmue I again instead of this collection of Shenmue I-inspired mini-games.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III