First gameplay details

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

First gameplay details

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:20 am

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... ty_update/

Sounds like Shenmue is going through an infantilization process so that it can be played by 10-year old Japanese girls.

My comment:

Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: First gameplay details

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am

What's wrong exactly?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:09 am

I just know this kind of Japanese 'social' games and thus I am sure that this 'Shenmue' will be... rubbish. It will focus on very bland mini-games and forging pseudo-friendships with other players. Suzuki must be thinking that this will fit the current Japanese teens culture better but it's a foolish thinking if you ask me.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby alimn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 pm

I wish when I saw this news(as one of the first peoples) even before Andriasang posts a link...
I could post it rather than having a very negative first post,
this is first gameplay details news, first gameplay topic and one of the early posts here....

I am sad, nor Suzuki, nor Shenmue...at least for the greatness of Shenmue's name,
they DID NOT deserve such a negative spreading first post...

Come one Dorian, I understand you and I agree with some of your points but the WHOLE THING is a big relief.

So, I must post my new post over the main Shenmue City announced topic here too,

The whole thing is a big relief, THANK GOD AND I HOPE EVERYONE READ THIS CAREFULLY

1-Shenmue is back, in a new form of entertainment which can appeal into more audience and makes a better preparation for SEGA to announce Shenmue 3,
now a days even my friends who have stopped playing games since MANY YEARS ago, now are enjoying Face Book and other social-small sized games (Mafia War and etc),
don't tell me you have not tried them or already enjoying them (There are now even 3d games on face book like the one which is called "Billions" with
Wii+ graphics), so Shenmue for PC and iPhone(sorry phones) is defiantly bigger than a Shenmue for Dreamacast...
small in dev, big in audience.

2-SEGA is talking, finally...big faces, big words...Thanks to Shenmue's return by Yu Suzuki and SUNSOFT (SEGA has only the main Shenmue name copyright as for this one!),
now time for those SAMMY fella to get into action, if they do not want to go through another crisis, they must keep up with the changes and new directions plus people's respond
is all they need.

3-YS NET, read the part bellow to realize how it is gonna define the future of Shenmue and playing a new chapter in "THE WHOLE GAMING WORLD"

YS NET, the world is going to be NET and YS may be the new leader of world,...let's simply tell "gaming world"
(At least his Shenmue and Virtua Fighter plus arcade simulations were the leaders of current games,
VF=first 3d polygonal fighter,
Shenmue=first free roaming game with tons of elements such as Quick Time Event
Hang On, Out Run, After Burner, Space Harrier and ...ALL have an influence on today's racing, and ...games)

Ok, let's talk about YS NET
"Basically it is near to SEGA in map,
and connected to SEGA for sure otherwise why SEGA's name is around
and YS is still a SEGA employee"

So,...SEGA owns a share of it, (like Prope)...
we can NOT call this studio a small studio, for a techie like Yu Suzuki who has been always working
on big stuff, and a mastermind which has been thinking about bringing realirty in a form of entertainment into our lives even before we know about games!,

YES, HE IS NEVER gonna do crap, cheap stuff or working with a small team...
Yu Suzuki is truly an all time advanced developer, stuff happens in everyone's life (why some can not see his super long list of game titles!)
...having two major titles canceled like Psy-Phi or Shenmue Online is not a big deal at all, (many companies have canceled projects, more than this)

In fact I like Shenmue City more than Online because

1-Everyone can play it, even west if know Japanese (thanks to today's softwares)
...it's a matter of time for west to get it official.

2-It is not only for China or Korea...It is for the heart of gaming world "JAPAN",
ATARI killed gaming...but Nintendo brought it back...so, no doubt JAPAN is the KING.

3-It has the Shenmue Chapter 1 feeling which is simply lovely,
check out the first GAMEPLY details here
http://sunsoft.jp/shenmue-gai/about_shenmue-gai.html

4-It is gonna make them some money, some more respect and some more Shenmue users!

YS NET is not digital rex (Psy-Phi and Shenmue Online) or AM Plus
(even AM Plus could deliver a major title like SEGA RACE TV although Yu Suzuki was
generally the head of the studio by that time)

YS NET is gonna big, they already opened their twitter and so many people are following in a bunch of hours,
(Perhaps Yu Suzuki is tweeting himself!)
all these years, now we were like where is Yu Suzuki?
now, that Shenmue-gai, YS NET and SUNSOFT are tweeting about the whole story with the latest piece of info
we are wondering if this? or if that?

Come one, we could never have such official links a few years ago (don't tell me you can not
use Google Translate to get yourself some hot-first in the line news, I have been doing this since
the first minute and I feel Yu Suzuki and Shenmue is now more near to me than ever)

I love the whole thing, the whole thing feels positive...don't believe it?
so, why we already have these OFFICIAL links? and hundreds more over the net....

http://www.shenmue.com/index_jpn.html
http://sunsoft.jp/shenmue-gai/about_shenmue-gai.html
http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/
https://twitter.com/shenmue_gai
https://twitter.com/YSNET_Inc

Internet is the future, cloud computing is coming, services such as Onlive, Dave Perry's Gai Kai or social games on Face Book
like Billions or Mafia Wars,
the whole thing we knew about traditional gaming and having a disc with a art box is gonna get changed in no time,
in future you will turn on a device and it will stream Windows, games, everything for you...you may even send
your mind completely in another part of the world exploring stuff in virtual reality and more
(combing Kinect with NET and MORE? stuff like this are already starting)
...we may even install chips inside our bodies for some special
functionality, that sounds scary...but it's like getting a flu shot, nothing really painful!

^All said above, perhaps is the reason for Yu Suzuki to call it YS NET,
in short "NET" is the future and as his message says he can NOT stop making games until he dies,
and hopefully we will have Yu Suzuki around for many years to come...
so YS NET maybe the next big JAPAN developer...but not with negative, or blind or not-deep thinking comments...

Let's stop spreading the negative energy, and think more carefully...a bit deep...and keep our eyes OPEN on
every single click, news, comment, link,

Shenmue is back, SEGA is warming up FINALLY, Yu Suzuki is working hard....AWESOME!
That's all we were dieing for all these hard years.

I remember his older interviews, the G4 one...
that someone said...we can't tell but this guy is after something,
that soon will bring something totally different to this world...
and that's why I always believed in Yu and still admiring him.

Best Regards, Ali M.N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SegaBits » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 pm

It is this 'No thanks' attitude that will in the end kill off the Shenmue series.

While this game is not what everyone wants it is, at the very least a test of the water, possibly even an attempt at rebuilding the fanbase... At best? The first in the series reboot.

If this game is dead in the water at launch, that will send a bad signal to Sega and Yu Suzuki... Which could ultimately doom the entire series. We don't know the point of this game. Maybe it IS just a cash in but on the other hand maybe, just maybe it isnt.

As it is completely free to play... You stand to lose nothing in playing Shenmue City and you stand to gain, dare I say it... The series reboot/Shemue 3 we have waited a decade for.
SegaBits
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby pno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm

SegaBits wrote:It is this 'No thanks' attitude that will in the end kill off the Shenmue series.

While this game is not what everyone wants it is, at the very least a test of the water, possibly even an attempt at rebuilding the fanbase... At best? The first in the series reboot.

If this game is dead in the water at launch, that will send a bad signal to Sega and Yu Suzuki... Which could ultimately doom the entire series. We don't know the point of this game. Maybe it IS just a cash in but on the other hand maybe, just maybe it isnt.

As it is completely free to play... You stand to lose nothing in playing Shenmue City and you stand to gain, dare I say it... The series reboot/Shemue 3 we have waited a decade for.

We're not gonna be playing it anyway you spaz! It's an Asian ting a gwarn yo!
pno
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Mario Galaxy 2

Postby Dorian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:10 am

People all over the net are misunderstanding what Gai is. Comments like "At least it's something - support it!" are stupid because the majority of Shenmue fans won't have a chance to enjoy this. Suzuki is doing a strange thing - he wants to sell Shenmue once again... to the Japanese. This is why I feel this will end bad - Shenmue will not sell in Japan, even if Suzuki makes a social kiddie game out of it.
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby alimn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 am

^ And I appreciate you time, on reading the not so long post of mine,

-Anyway...after all the these years people must have learned that without SEGA and Yu Suzuki
there won't be another Shenmue and if this Shenmue whatever we love or not, can not gain success,
SEGA may stops even considering that they have something called Shenmue...

So, we must support, like, fan, follow Yu Suzuki and his future titles at any price!

Look at this,

Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil creator) has just opened his new studio
(before YS NET) and they have a twitter for their studio and Mikami-san himself,
it's been a while...if not a month (records are on andriasang.com)

BUT

SUNSOFT opened Shenmue's twitter about 4 days ago,
and YS NET started tweeting less than 2 days ago...

Let's compare the number of followers, considering the opening times,
then once again, we can understand that Shenmue is still more popular,
and Shenmue fans are perhaps the most strong fan base ever,
although Resident Evil, Okami & Vanquish has been great games...
and Mikami san has a lots of fans.

http://twitter.com/Tango_gw_en 102 followers
^With all that CAPCOM super stars.
http://twitter.com/Shinji_Mikami_E 338 followers

While

https://twitter.com/shenmue_gai 209 followers
^Yes, What's Shenmue?
https://twitter.com/YSNET_Inc 50 followers (in about 2 days!)

Bottom line, SEGA are watching, our posts, these small comments,
even the number of fans, followers, users and ...
they analyze a lots of things.

SO WE HAVE TO SHOW THEM NO MERCY
regarding how much we LOVE Shenmue and YS,
all proofs that WE NEED SHENMUE 3 even more than old times.

Best Regards, Ali M.N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby alimn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:44 am

Let's post this one also, it is from Shenmue gai topic.

Let's compare the number of followers, considering the opening times,
then once again, we can understand that Shenmue is still more popular,
and Shenmue fans are perhaps the most strong fan base ever,
although Resident Evil, Okami & Vanquish has been great games...
and Mikami san has a lots of fans.

http://twitter.com/Tango_gw_en 102 followers
^With all that CAPCOM super stars.
http://twitter.com/Shinji_Mikami_E 338 followers

While

https://twitter.com/shenmue_gai 209 followers
^Yes, What's Shenmue?
https://twitter.com/YSNET_Inc 50 followers (in about 2 days!)

Bottom line, SEGA are watching, our posts, these small comments,
even the number of fans, followers, users and ...
they analyze a lots of things.

SO WE HAVE TO SHOW THEM NO MERCY
regarding how much we LOVE Shenmue and YS,
all proofs that WE NEED SHENMUE 3 even more than old times.

Best Regards, Ali M.N[/quote]
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Panda_rapist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:22 am

Dorian wrote:People all over the net are misunderstanding what Gai is. Comments like "At least it's something - support it!" are stupid because the majority of Shenmue fans won't have a chance to enjoy this. Suzuki is doing a strange thing - he wants to sell Shenmue once again... to the Japanese. This is why I feel this will end bad - Shenmue will not sell in Japan, even if Suzuki makes a social kiddie game out of it.

what you are forgetting is that mobage town is the equivalent of facebook over there, these type of games are very popular, especially amongst the japanese youth who use there phones more then there pc's, mobage town predict 1 billion$ in profit this year and made 335 million $ last year they are a very serious buisness with over 20 million customers and are in the top 3 social networks in japan, and nearly every teenager plays these type of games over there not just children, you have to remember that the industry in japan is diffirent from europe and america so sometimes what sounds wierd to us is normal to them, so will you please stop complaining and respect yu's attempt in getting people to regain interest in the serie's
and also shenmue selled more in japan then any other country, there is still a fanbase other there
and the game is totally accesible to the west we can all play it via there website, the only problem is that it is in japanese, but mobage town said that they would like to start doing buisness with the west as well, so they are looking at ways to succesfully launch mobage town in the west
Panda_rapist

Postby Dorian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Shenmue was a failure in Japan and that's one of the reasons why SEGA killed the series. Yu is trying a different approach this time but it will once again end with a commercial failure IMO. Japanese teens have loads of stuff that is more interesting to them than Shenmue. I hope for the best but I just can't pretend that it's all good and we should thank Yu. His intentions are good but he isn't really in touch with reality, I'm afraid. In a sense, he's too old for this business.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Panda_rapist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Dorian wrote:Shenmue was a failure in Japan and that's one of the reasons why SEGA killed the series. Yu is trying a different approach this time but it will once again end with a commercial failure IMO. Japanese teens have loads of stuff that is more interesting to them than Shenmue. I hope for the best but I just can't pretend that it's all good and we should thank Yu. His intentions are good but he isn't really in touch with reality, I'm afraid. In a sense, he's too old for this business.

please do some research, review everything you have said and then come back, no point arguing if we are not on the same level of knowlege ;-)
Panda_rapist

Postby Dorian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 pm

TheGboyKing, time will tell who is right.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Panda_rapist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm

nope i could tell you myself where you are wrong but clearly you have convinced yourself that you know better then people who have been in the gaming industry for years and can understand better how it works in there own country then all of us in the dojo put together, so i would rather that you look alot deeper into all this on your own terms, how the social network industry works in japan, and especially how buisness works, but i dont think you will do that, you will just awnser me with another awnser trying to prove your right so have a nice day :)
Panda_rapist

Postby Dorian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I am not wrong that Shemue was a failure in Japan (as an IP - the first game sold quite well there). The rest is my opinion and only time will verify who is right.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Shenmue III